simplicity

pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
edited June 2018 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by pickupyourwill on

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Should've took him when he was four like my parents did and pretend that I was 3 so I could get in for free.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Whatever year you go, just don't go during the summer months.
    It's too hot to be outside all day long. (May-Sept)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I was 3.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • stickman81stickman81 Posts: 437
    I was 18... :roll: :twisted:
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I'm here right now. There's kids with us up to age 8 and they all love it.

Goin as a 28 year it's still pretty mindblowing and alotta fun.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I think 10 is probably the best. My family went again when I was 18, and while fun, wasn't as good as the first time... (Shut up Michael Scott)
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    Should've took him when he was four like my parents did and pretend that I was 3 so I could get in for free.

but then they don't remember much. My parents took my brother and I when I was about that age, and all I remember is going through the Its a Small World Afterall river thing on floating boats and being awed by all the different cultures, accents, styles, etc. so peaceful and happy :D
    justam wrote:

ty, justam. I've been told this before. will definitely plan for Sept.-April. how are you holding out down there in Tampa? pretty sticky? its been sticky up here too lately but not too bad.
    DewieCox wrote:

awesome! where all have you been yet? I'll have to pm you here in the next day or so with more specific questions. it would be neat to get a point of view from somewhere actually there, right now, in the moment.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    We waited our were 11 and 9. Then took our daughter back with a friend as young teens. Start whenever because you will want to go back, not just for the kids but for yourself! It is awesome. We had so much fun both trips. I don't know how close the beach is? but do it first it won't compare to Disney ;) Our kids loved the Disney resorts as much as the theme parks. The Contemporary had water sprites, small kid size jet skis, my son thought they were the best part of the trip. The Polynesian has a beautiful pool, the girls loved it. They have that wonderful water park too. And Epcot around the world, I cried in that world ride, and I loved bar hopping there all around the world :D. Can't say enough, I want to go back, I need a grandkid!
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    If someone would take me now I promise to behave.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    We took our kids starting at 5, optimal was this past trip in April... 9,7 and 4. Something for all of them. Once they reach 8+ I would definitely suggest including Universal Studios...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    justam wrote:

Not only for the weather, but for the crowds.... go when all of the other kids are in school.

But yeah... 8-10 would be good I think...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    OK, but I'm not pushing you in the stroller...
    GoiMTvP.gif

awww...come on! Fine, just buy me something.

You can have a Mickey hat but no chocolate... I am not changing anymore diapers in Disney World...
    GoiMTvP.gif

You can have a Mickey hat but no chocolate... I am not changing anymore diapers in Disney World...

Why does everyone think I ware diapers?? You're the 3rd person today, and it's only 8:10am
    DewieCox wrote:

awesome! where all have you been yet?
    I'll have to pm you here in the next day or
    so with more specific questions. it would be neat to get a point of view from somewhere actually there, right now, in the moment.

Definitely pm me. The only park I won't be able to give a firsthand account of is Hollywood, but some others are goin there too.
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Takin my three kids in Sept. They are 3-5-and 8 yrs old
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Takin my three kids in Sept. They are 3-5-and 8 yrs old
    It seems everyone from Ontario has to go to Florida once.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    What is the perfect age for a boy to spend time at Disney World? If you were to spend a whole week there and go to several of the different parks, what age would he get the most out of it? 10? or younger?

My son is 6 and a half. We couldn't go now or anything, just planning ahead. I'm thinking more like 2 more years or so down the line. I think I will have to plan for a year anyway just to find the best package deal. But if we go with my brother and his family, and take the grandparents, then we can benefit a lot.

Ideally, I would love to have 2 weeks set aside for a trip like that because there is soooo much to see and I HATE rushing around on vacation. Besides the different Disney parks, I just want us to have time at a real beach for a couple days--just lounging by an ocean--that doesn't have oil floating around. :D

If you do decide to go check out this website before you go...

http://allears.net/index.html

Great Info on there
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    I went when I was 8. I recomend going when they are 10/11.

I dont remember it at all... I was too young to appreciate the experience. I would have had the same amount of fun if my parents would have just taken me to the park by my house. :oops: :roll:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    What is the perfect age for a boy to spend time at Disney World? If you were to spend a whole week there and go to several of the different parks, what age would he get the most out of it? 10? or younger?

My son is 6 and a half. We couldn't go now or anything, just planning ahead. I'm thinking more like 2 more years or so down the line. I think I will have to plan for a year anyway just to find the best package deal. But if we go with my brother and his family, and take the grandparents, then we can benefit a lot.

Ideally, I would love to have 2 weeks set aside for a trip like that because there is soooo much to see and I HATE rushing around on vacation. Besides the different Disney parks, I just want us to have time at a real beach for a couple days--just lounging by an ocean--that doesn't have oil floating around. :D

If you do decide to go check out this website before you go...

http://allears.net/index.html

Great Info on there

thank you. thanks to all for the great info.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I was nearly 20 when I first went to Disney World, and it was after a PJ concert in Tampa! :D

Disneyland, now that one I know I experienced before I was 5.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    FrankieG wrote:
    I went when I was 8. I recomend going when they are 10/11.

I dont remember it at all... I was too young to appreciate the experience. I would have had the same amount of fun if my parents would have just taken me to the park by my house. :oops: :roll:

I see ur point, but "magic" kinda got lost on my nephew. My 3 year old little girl had the most amazing expression on her face. I'll never forget seein her dancin and clappin during the electric parade.

We went to a breakfast today at one of the resorts. Donald, Goofy and Minnie were there. I am not a sentimental guy and seein my little girl meet an imaginary mouse made my eyes well up. Amazing!!!!
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    My kids (3/9/13) all love Disneyland (and I have a good time too). We've been passholders for a few years now. The three year old really started to get it recently, although she's still a pain in the long lines.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    you're fulla shit.
    you Sir, are never well behaved.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • supersonicyearssupersonicyears Posts: 2,619
    Check the blackout dates on the Disney World website for the Florida residents. The blackout dates are the times of year you definately don't want to be in Disney World unless you like waiting in line for 30 to 90 minutes for one ride. We made that mistake once.
    Most everyone enjoys Disney World at any age, but you can't beat seeing the look on a 4 year olds face when they're walking through the Magic Kingdom. Priceless.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • googoo Posts: 226
    I've been to Disney World literally over 1,000 times in my life. my dad was on the PGA tour and always went down to play in the Walt Disney Classic every October, so my sister and I always got to get out of school for a week every year to go down. it only got more magical every year.... I haven't been to WDW in Orlando for sometime now, but I go to Disneyland frequently since moving to LA. I love it more and more the older I get!
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    I took my 2 year old daughter in February. She had a blast. We spent a week and set up 4 different character dinnings before going. She still talks about it and wants to go back.

Disney World is truly a place where someone can have a great time no matter there age.
    hippiemom = goodness