U.S. Open Pebble Beach

2»

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Looks like we are going to have ourselves an interesting few hours.
    There goes Johnson
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    did not think johnson would collapse so early...hopefully he can rally...lots of golf left

phil is looking good...huge eagle by dl3!!
    norm wrote:
    did not think johnson would collapse so early...hopefully he can rally...lots of golf left

phil is looking good...huge eagle by dl3!!

This is tough to watch
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Dustin Johnson = Aaron Baddeley

Can't say I'm not surprised.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    The course is making a lot of these guys look human. Think we could see some bad scores by the end of this.
    Think I am pulling for The Big Easy. Always been a fan of his. Would be quite the month for South Africa.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    congrats Graeme McDowell
    norm wrote:
    congrats Graeme McDowell

He played a great round. Won me over when he was talking to the camera after his 1st shot on 18.
    Okay, so first off...where is this kid's trophy wife/girlfriend? I'm a firm believer that if you win any major tournament, you gotta parade around your smoking hot significant other (see Trevor Immelman in the 08 Masters).

The course was brutal on the back side today and the 54 hole lead of -6 ended up with a winning score of even par. Damn. What a test. Graeme played tough and deserves all the praise.

Also, it must have been tough for little Dusty Johnson to play virtually the entire round for nothing. He made a few mistakes and was basically along for the ride the final 13 or so holes. That sucks.

Tiger just has not looked right this whole year. My buddy says he lost his killer instinct and that might be true in more ways than one. His post round chat lasted about 3.2 seconds and he stormed off looking more angry than Kevin Youkilis. High comedy.

And finally, my boy Phil. Always the bridesmaid. He clearly wants this major too much. Contrary to Tiger and his little errand boy Stevie, Phil and Bones seem to love the affection given by the gallery at the US Open. It's getting tougher to watch him fritter away chances in this event every single year. He realistically should have three of these things by now.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    613x.jpg
    Costas is like a hobbit. And who are all these people?
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    Congrats to Graeme McDowell, he definately didn't choke like alot of the other players. I thought he would have blown it also, sincce he playing along side Johnson. I always seems like when one of these golfers is playing along someone his impolding......they start to impolde after awhile....so congrats again for winning and keeping it together.

Really was pulling for Phil, he just couldn't get the flat stick going and his tee shots were pretty errand on the back 9. Also what was he thinking on 16...100 yards out and he completely misses the green. Then all you can hear him say is "tried it and it didn't work out" What the hell was he trying?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Congrats to Graeme McD. A tough day on that course yesterday. Thanks to Ernie for his overheard comments which made pro golfers seem human after all.
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Also what was he thinking on 16...100 yards out and he completely misses the green. Then all you can hear him say is "tried it and it didn't work out" What the hell was he trying?
    I was wondering the same thing. I have no idea what he was thinking.