U.S. Open Pebble Beach

WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I don't really give a shit....just thought I'd throw it out there.

ABT. ;)
If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
VIC 07
EV LA1 08
Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
Columbus 10
EV LA 11
Vancouver 11
Missoula 12
Portland 13, Spokane 13
St. Paul 14, Denver 14
Philly I & II, 16
Denver 22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Should have just named this thread "F the US Open"

I am watching. One window for the world cup one window for the US Open. Yes, a very productive day at work.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,972
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Should have just named this thread "F the US Open"
    :lol::lol::lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Wish I was there right now. I would dominate that course. -2 for the leaders...pfft. I'd be -4 by the turn. :lol:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Wish I was there right now. I would dominate that course. -2 for the leaders...pfft. I'd be -4 by the turn. :lol:
    yeah....these guys suck.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol:

at least in golf, you can drink as you drive around the course.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

i once had a birdie. maybe we could be round partners.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Anybody want to talk some golf?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    81 wrote:

i once had a birdie. maybe we could be round partners.
    You got it kid.

Seriously though, this course is so fn difficult. The projected cut right now is +7.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    holy fuck! phil is 4 under through 6!! :shock:
    If he wins, he's #1 in the world. He seems to play this course pretty well. Watch out for Dustin Johnson, the kid wins every year here in the regular stop on tour.
    Chris Berman invading golf is the worst thing to happen to the sport.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yup.

You're not funny Chris. Just give it up.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,696
    Hope Phil can continue what he got going on Friday. Plus I picked him to win in my golf pool. Didn't look very promising after Thursday round.
    My fellow canadian Mike "Q"eir sucked yesterday, but atleast he made the cut.
    How about Zach Johnson on that par 5.....taking a 9 OUCH & YE Yang had a hell of a back 9, atleast a bogey on every hole if not worse :lol::lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

all that's missing is his "whoop whoop whoop" sound effects. :roll:

not a huge golf fan, but the crowded leader board makes me think this could be pretty interesting.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    David Duval is making another run!
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    The 14th hole is going to be a swine today. What's with the greens, they look as if they have a strange disease?
    nuffingman wrote:
    The 14th hole is going to be a swine today. What's with the greens, they look as if they have a strange disease?

usga cuts the greens close and does very little watering to make them fast and that's what gives the greens that coloring
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    norm wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:

usga cuts the greens close and does very little watering to make them fast and that's what gives the greens that coloring
    USGA always cut the greens that close but I've never seen that patchy look before. Luckily it's not effecting the putting. Should be a really interesting day as it seems the early starters had the better conditions. I wouldn't be surprised to see a very close group of about 8 tomorrow.
    tiger...66

:o
    norm wrote:
    tiger...666

:twisted:
    fixed

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    typical lefty golfing

he never changes

:evil:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Should be a fun day of golf today. Love that it is not ending till around 9 this evening. Yankees, World Cup and US Open. Tough to draw up a better Sunday.
    The USGA has moved in the tee to 92yds on #7. The shortest hole in the history of major championship golf. Lets see how many bogeys or worse are made from this little bastard today.
    The USGA has moved in the tee to 92yds on #7. The shortest hole in the history of major championship golf. Lets see how many bogeys or worse are made from this little bastard today.

Jesus, that is crazy. Going to be tricky. What do you think Fenway? Anyone going to give Johnson a run? His style of play can make for a big number.

if the wind is up and it's supposed to be, it's gonna be a beast
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Jesus, that is crazy. Going to be tricky. What do you think Fenway? Anyone going to give Johnson a run? His style of play can make for a big number.
    Yeah I think Dustin is an interesting character. He's won the last two times a tourney has been played at Pebble. So much star power on the leaderboard, and Johnson has never had this kind of pressure. He might end up being Geoff Ogilvy at Winged Foot, but he might end up being Aaron Baddeley at Oakmont. I would love to see Phil exercise the demons and win the National Championship, nobody has worked harder and come oh-so-close time and time again. It's gonna make for fantastic prime-time tv. I might even miss the first 3 innings of the Sox game tonight to find out the winner! Seriously though, not much beats the final stretch at the US Open, especially at Pebble. This is going to be special.

By the way, F Tiger.
    Winning score guys?

I say -3.
    Johnson's only 25 years old.

ESPN's picking Tiger. I want to throw up. Am I the only one who wants Phil to kick his ass and take over the world #1?
    i don't know who jim herman is but he has 2 eagles and 3 birdies so far :shock:

by the time the leader tee off, i doubt we'll see anyone do that it really comes down to the wind...if it starts to blow early, it will dry the course out and make the greens treacherous...johnson has a great game and does really well here obviously...but if phil and/or tiger start making big shots, that will get into his and mcdowells heads

2 -3 under sounds about right for the final score...it's really johnson's to lose...if tiger's putter gets hot, it's his...phil needs to keep his aggression in check or wind up an idiot again...but let's not forget 2 time champ ernie els...he could end up with his 3rd

should be a great final round! :D
    Good start for your boy, Fenway.