Options

Dublin o2 spares

simmosimmo Posts: 32
edited June 2010 in The Porch
Hi fellow jammers, for my birthday my lovely wife bought me (us) 2 tickets for Pj @ the Dublin o2,from the online ticket exchange,plus hotel & flights from the uk,to make up for the dissappointment of not making the
ten club lottery.
Today we found out that the online ticket exchange no longer trades & was just a scam,leaving us over £300
out of pocket just for the tickets,we still have the flights & hotel,so my question is does anybody have any
spares?

We looked on e-bay but to be honest i cant bring myself to give more money to a stranger who may leave me
standing outside the o2 with double dissappointment.
We sincerly hope no one else has fallen victim to this scam or is reading this not knowing what awaits them.

We realise the chances are slim ,but thought we d ask the question.

Keep on rockin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Have a look at www.toutless.com.

People will be selling spares there at face value.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Thanks il give it a shot
  • Options
    joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    online ticket exchange? thats not those online tickets from ticketmaster is it?
  • Options
    Dont think its anything to do with ticketmaster,just 2 dodgy blokes set up an office/website took the payment
    last december,shut down,dissappeared.
    Tell you not to expect the tickets til a few days before the show,gives them time to dissapear

Bastards,im dissappointed but my wifes in bits,feels stupid,not sure if we ll go ahead with the trip
    without tkts,but got a couple of days to rescue it
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    Hey, go on the trip anyway, it seems its all paid for and at worst you get a nice break,. you could jump on the train too and make the belfast show where there is an abundance of tickets floating around

plus i really think you'd get sorted outside the venue
  • Options
    I think your right,the trips booked & paid for,time booked off work,3 days in dublin could be nice.

Belfast is a good shout,but dont have the time or extra cash.

Just have to grubby my hands with the touts
  • Options
    pistol3pistol3 CO Posts: 161
    My fiance and I dropped $455 for the Dublin tickets, selling my old jeep helped! The first three shows are what we have on tap, on top of the trip across the pond it's gonna be expensive but well worth it. Pretty ridiculous how much tickets cost after face value.
    VA Beach 8/3/00, Council Bluffs 6/13/03, St. Paul 6/16/03, East Troy 6/21/03, The Gorge 7/22/06, 7/23/06, Chicago 8/23/09, KC 5/3/10, St. Louis 5/4/10, Dublin 6/22/10, Belfast 6/23/10, London 6/25/10, EV Minneapolis 7/2/11, EV Tulsa 11/18/12, Chicago 7/19/13, OKC 11/16/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Pemberton 7/17/16, Missoula 8/13/18, San Diego 5/3/22, Denver 9/22/22, Sacramento 5/13/24, LA 5/21/24
  • Options
    at least you got the tickets,enjoy the show
  • Options
    we got the promise of 1 g/a from a ten club member,just 1 to go,
    If you got 1 spare PLEASE pm me
    keep on rockin
  • Options
    dave grolschdave grolsch Posts: 730
    i have a pair of belfast and dublin going for face value,rather not split them up,buying a pair from me would probably not that much more than a single on ebay,either way i hope you get sorted!!
  • Options
    RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
    It makes no sense to travel outside your country to see Pearl JAM. They can play a crappy setlist. Total waste of money.
  • Options
    RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
    Unless, you are a country that is very close to the shows.
  • Options
    TUTMAN08TUTMAN08 Posts: 82
    I got my tickets from viagogo (not sure about spelling). Have to sign in for Ireland. It looks like a European version of StubHub

No problems and I have tix in hand. Not cheap though.

Good luck.
  • Options
    robdocrobdoc Posts: 3
    simmo wrote:
    we got the promise of 1 g/a from a ten club member,just 1 to go,
    If you got 1 spare PLEASE pm me
    keep on rockin

PM sent
  • Options
    Hi guys,thankyou so much,the response of ten club members & your generosity & goodwill has been great.
    We have the promise of 2 g/a tickets,from ten club members,which we have accepted.
    We we re offered 6 in total & we are very very grateful,to all of you good people for your help & advice.
    As for buying tickets outside your own country,well we ve been to holland ,spain,& germany & its been
    fantastic,never seen the same set twice,met good good people & seen places we d never seen.
    We took a chance on the net got burned,but you guys have been saved our trip,my birthday present.
    many thanks
    enjoy the concerts your going too
    keep on rockin
  • Options
    AttilaAttila Posts: 21
    I am in need of 1 standing ticket (Ten Club or Ticketmaster) to the Dublin show.
    If anyone has a spare, please pm me.

Thanx in advance!
    Attila
    1996 Budapest
    2000 Prague, Katowice I, Katowice II, Salzburg
    2006 Prague, Vienna
    2007 Nova Rock, Nijmegen
    2009 Berlin, Manchester, London
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Venice
    2012 Amsterdam I, Amsterdam II, Prague, Berlin I, Berlin II
    2014 Amsterdam I, Amsterdam II, Trieste, Vienna

i wish i was as fortunate as fortunate as me...