Anyone fancy a war on vuvuzela's?

Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    jimed14 wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    I prefer the crowd chanting

I do too, but this is Africa's World Cup ... and this is how they do it. Let them have their fun.

Now, if this crap was brought oversees, I'd say ban that crap. I honestly hate all artificial noice makers like this, or the thundersticks that the Anaheim Angels made popular here in the US.

But for Africa ... keep 'em.
    This is kinda how i feel.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    the Florida Marlins are giving one away to the first 15,000 people at tonights ball game. :lol:

man, i wish this game was on tv

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/schedule ... p?c_id=fla
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    haffajappa wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    I prefer the crowd chanting

I do too, but this is Africa's World Cup ... and this is how they do it. Let them have their fun.

Now, if this crap was brought oversees, I'd say ban that crap. I honestly hate all artificial noice makers like this, or the thundersticks that the Anaheim Angels made popular here in the US.

they have made it overseas. back in the 90s the sound of these plastic horns could often be heard at basketball games here in oz.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    haffajappa wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

they have made it overseas. back in the 90s the sound of these plastic horns could often be heard at basketball games here in oz.
    well i'm more in agreement about how its africa's world cup, if they wanna use them i think its ok...
    we have them here too i remember having them when i was a kid going to local hockey games
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    this vuvuzelas sound is worst than bed creaks during sex..

pmsl... :lol:
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007

...also Cricket and AFL Games... :roll:
  • matabelematabele Posts: 277
    I come from Africa and when I said they suck I get told they are the sound of Africa? Must be copied from a lions fart or something.
    i_lov_it wrote:

...also Cricket and AFL Games... :roll:

ill take your word for that... (test)cricket is boring and ive yet to attend my first AFL game. :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,036
    I had one of these things about thirty years ago :shock: (god I'm getting old!!) Was bought at The Indy 500. Got confiscated at the local H.S. football game the following fall of the same year. :twisted:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    wasnt it a vuvuzela that channelled the beer down barts throat during the st patricks day parade???
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Here's a crazy article about Vuvuzela's damaging the hearing of a Small child at one of the games.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/world-cup-2010/?eref=sinav
    NERDS!
    Here's a crazy article about Vuvuzela's damaging the hearing of a Small child at one of the games.
    a link that has that godawful noise? and one that doesn't have the article you mentioned? Or maybe i was just sooo distracted by that fucking noise.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    mickeyrat wrote:
    a link that has that godawful noise? and one that doesn't have the article you mentioned? Or maybe i was just sooo distracted by that fucking noise.
    hehehehe :mrgreen:
    NERDS!
    mickeyrat wrote:
    hehehehe :mrgreen:
    vuvuzela rolled!!!!! :mrgreen:

bastard!!!! :lol:

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    wasnt it a vuvuzela that channelled the beer down barts throat during the st patricks day parade???

that be called a beer funnel

very popular with fratheads at colleges here in the states
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:

that be called a beer funnel

very popular with fratheads at colleges here in the states

dont care what use fratheads may have found for it, it started life a a plastic novelty horn... besides isnt a beer funnel just a regular funnel with piping attached???
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    dont care what use fratheads may have found for it, it started life a a plastic novelty horn... besides isnt a beer funnel just a regular funnel with piping attached???
    yes a beer funnel is that and it's what people used to put beer down barts throat.

metsfan wrote:
    yes a beer funnel is that and it's what people used to put beer down barts throat.

not to get into a pissing contest with you mets but i think you might want to go and have another look at that episode.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

not to get into a pissing contest with you mets but i think you might want to go and have another look at that episode.
    what season is it from

metsfan wrote:

what season is it from

homer vs the 18th ammendment.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    k thanks

• tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    metsfan wrote:

hehehe, yes you are definitely a witty person. :) 'pissing contest' - I like it.

Are you guys talking about the Simpsons? - sorry I'm just butting in here.

I'm so glad that Bart Simpson was the one to solve that age old zen conundrum of the sound of one hand clapping. I reckon the old masters would be happy with his conclusion! (or was this a dream I just had?). Can anyone point me at the episode I (think) I'm talking about!!?
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
    tremors wrote:

hehehe, yes you are definitely a witty person. :) 'pissing contest' - I like it.

Are you guys talking about the Simpsons? - sorry I'm just butting in here.

I'm so glad that Bart Simpson was the one to solve that age old zen conundrum of the sound of one hand clapping. I reckon the old masters would be happy with his conclusion! (or was this a dream I just had?). Can anyone point me at the episode I (think) I'm talking about!!?

of course... the simpsons holds the answers to all lifes questions. :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Thank fuck for that! That's all I say
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Brock SamsonBrock Samson Posts: 328
    9/1/00, 9/2/00, 9/3/00, 12/31/00, 3/2/01, 4/29/01, 6/21/01, 7/25/01, 8/31/01, 9/1/01, 9/2/01, 4/18/02, 8/30/02, 8/31/02, 8/31/02, 9/1/02, 9/22/02, 3/22/03, 5/6/03, 6/29/03, 8/29/03, 8/30/03, 8/30/03, 8/31/03, 2/21/04, 4/2/04, 4/3/04, 9/3/04, 9/4/04, 9/4/04, 9/5/04, 2/19/05, 7/22/05, 9/2/05, 9/3/05, 9/3/05, 9/4/05, 1/22/06, 6/7/06, 9/1/06, 9/2/06, 9/2/06, 9/3/06, 7/6/07, 8/31/07, 9/1/07, 9/1/07, 9/2/07, 3/7/08, 8/29/08, 8/30/08, 8/30/08, 8/31/08, 7/11/09, 6/4/10, 6/11/11
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    After 10 minutes young Dietrich could stand the vuvuzelas no more.

vinganca-suica.jpg
    nuffingman wrote:
    After 10 minutes young Dietrich could stand the vuvuzelas no more.

vinganca-suica.jpg
    this young man gets around!!!! hehehehe

mickeyrat wrote:
    If I took a picture like that I'd be so proud. :D
    nuffingman wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    what inquiring minds want to know is what was being said as this pic was taken!! One can only imagine!

mickeyrat wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    what inquiring minds want to know is what was being said as this pic was taken!! One can only imagine!
    One can of coke please mate!