new Kings of Leon song.. video link

2»

Comments

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    jr19 wrote:
    jr19 wrote:
    well i guess im a snob cause OBTN sucks donkey Dick

A tad harsh, there is some good stuff on it - Closer, Cold Desert, Manhattan, Crawl. Granted it's not as good as the first three, but I've heard a lot worse. I dunno, it just seems to be a bit trendy to bash them these days, all because they made an album that happened to have a lot of cross-over appeal. These guys are still a young band, they've barely even started, I think people need to lighten up, there's room for all kinds of music in their repertoire.
    dont worry. ive been bashing OBTN since i first listen to it... i could care less what others think about the record... i just really dislike it.. and always have.. i tried so hard, almost forcing myself like it, but it just wasnt happening. besides, being trendy to bash them would never outweigh all the records they sold... i like two songs off OBTN..(Cold Desert, Crawl) and two out of 11 is not a good record to me... if you havent ever checked out these b- sides then do so...
    Head to Toe
    Wicker Chair
    My Third House
    Frontier City
    Woo Hoo

we would get along well, I felt the same way about the new album. I think Cold Desert is blah, but I do like Crawl.

Wicker Chair is great

saw them a few times last fall...at msg the guy next to me asked what song I wanted to hear. I replied 'soft' and he looked at me like I had 5 heads. of course he went crazy for Use Somebody. Terrible
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    jr19 wrote:

I dunno, it just seems to be a bit trendy to bash them these days, all because they made an album that happened to have a lot of cross-over appeal. .

they changed their image and their sound (and even released their own clothing line). I think the criticism is well deserved. so disappointing...I'll follow them from a distance hoping they go back to their old sound, but I'm not optimistic
  • Options
    jr19jr19 Posts: 338
    The Fixer wrote:
    jr19 wrote:

I dunno, it just seems to be a bit trendy to bash them these days, all because they made an album that happened to have a lot of cross-over appeal. .

they changed their image and their sound (and even released their own clothing line). I think the criticism is well deserved. so disappointing...I'll follow them from a distance hoping they go back to their old sound, but I'm not optimistic
    i know what you mean about the msg thing.... at bonnaroo they played trani and my friends and i were stunned and everyone standing beside us acted like they never heard of it before... wtf... their bonnaroo set was great so their is hope maybe after all.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    The Fixer wrote:

What and you never changed the way you dressed ever? That's like bashing Jeff for not wearing dungarees and stupid hats anymore. Hoping they'll go back to their old sound.......oh that sounds familiar, "I wish Pearl Jam would go back to their Ten sound".......!!!!!!!

I hope they continue to evolve.

I don't know how anyone couldn't like Closer - that's an incredibly well written tune, and not particularly commercial, in fact I would say the same for Manhattan. See I can understand not liking an album, I personally don't care for the majority of Riot Act, but it's all the shit that people throw in to justify not liking a record. So what if it's a little more commercial - let's be fair, Pearl Jam probably wouldn't still be around now if they hadn't made the very commercial sounding Ten and Vs. Big hit albums free up bands to take more risks later in their careers because they have the safety blanket of knowing that if an album isn't as successful they haven't put everything on the line.

Personally I would have made OBTN an E.P, trimmed down to about 6 songs it would have been far more concise. Anyway, from what I've read in interviews with the band, they are just as sick of Sex On Fire and Use Somebody, and they totally understand why people like you don't like their newer stuff, so chances are you will get something less commercial on the next one.
  • Options

My two favourite things in all the whole world in perfect union, if only they could have got Justin Beiber in to play bongos or something :lol:
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    I don't know how anyone couldn't like Closer - that's an incredibly well written tune

First time I heard the album all 4 minutes of Closer made me hopeful for what was to come. But that was that. Closer is a much better track than all the other songs on that album combined.
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,965
    Here they are doing Where is My Mind in London the other night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAevW8ZU1rY
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906

I already mentioned that it sounded like a PJ song!

wow I'm pretty late on this...Didn't see your post. Atleast I'm not the only one who thinks this. I'm actually surprised it's only us two ha.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Here they are doing Where is My Mind in London the other night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAevW8ZU1rY

I would love to hear a decent quality version, sounds like they knocked it out the park.
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    I just saw them in Atlantic City in June...I really liked the new stuff and am looking forward to a new album :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford