woman saves dogs... forgets grandson

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    OMFG!!! someone alert the media... someone didnt have home contents insurance. cant imagine how this is a measure of a person.

quite simple. They don't have home insurance, they don't replace the batteries out of their smoke detectors and she was a granny at 34 years of age.

the woman is clearly thicker than a dinosaurs mattress.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    well youll have to excuse me if i do take offense. my 4 year old grandaughter has a mother who is 22.

not to create a stir, but where you happy when you found out this news?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    dunkman wrote:

For the record, I will be stealing this expression, but out of respect for Dunk, I won't use it in the pit... that often.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    eyedclaar wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

For the record, I will be stealing this expression, but out of respect for Dunk, I won't use it in the pit... that often.

it's fine Eyed.. only the punching of fudds is trademarked
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    dunkman wrote:
    that £10 a month was probably being spent on something useful like food for 4 fucking dogs!

Now just a moment, sir. I didn't see any evidence that the four dogs were, in fact, fucking at any time.

:lol:
  • good God. How do you forget you are babysitting???
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I could totally do that. Totally. Probably a good thing we don't have kids. I'd have forgotten them somewhere and the spouse would have set the carrier on the roof of the car and then driven merrily away... we're those kind of people. :roll:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    good God. How do you forget you are babysitting???

Denial about what your life has resorted to...? ;) Maybe that's just me. No, no, I would have actually set the fire. :lol:

eyedclaar wrote:

Denial about what your life has resorted to...? ;) Maybe that's just me. No, no, I would have actually set the fire. :lol:

...and used the batteries for... for... hmmm. :think:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    eyedclaar wrote:

I don't know how you start fires, but I don't use batteries.

eyedclaar wrote:
    [quote="eyedclaar

I don't know how you start fires, but I don't use batteries.[/quote]

I was thinking something more sinister...
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    dunkman wrote:
    OMFG!!! someone alert the media... someone didnt have home contents insurance. cant imagine how this is a measure of a person.

quite simple. They don't have home insurance, they don't replace the batteries out of their smoke detectors and she was a granny at 34 years of age.

i dont have home contents insurance yet i can still manage to buy batteries. i just dont see the correlation dunk.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

im unaware at times that my son is in the house. it happens.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    81 wrote:
    well youll have to excuse me if i do take offense. my 4 year old grandaughter has a mother who is 22.

not to create a stir, but where you happy when you found out this news?

i didnt do the snoopy dance if thats what youre asking. but then again i wasnt unhappy.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/1066770/boy-left-in-fire-while-family-dogs-were-rescued

A young boy was left sleeping in a burning house while his grandmother rescued the family dogs instead.

British grandmother Mandy Hands, 45, had forgotten her visiting grandson was asleep upstairs when she rushed to save her four greyhounds in the fire

faulty plastic toaster which Mrs Hands' husband had used that morning.

The house was fitted with a fire alarm but it had run out of batteries

My immediate reaction:
    1. I can imagine myself doing this.
    2. Who has a plastic toaster?
    3. Mr. Hands will never be allowed in the kitchen again, and he'd damn sure better pick up some batteries.
    4. Grammy Hands doesn't have to worry about her kids asking her to babysit again.
    Like YOU should talk
    ;):lol:

good point on the toaster though, i was thinking the exact same thing!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    haffajappa wrote:
    2. Who has a plastic toaster?.

good point on the toaster though, i was thinking the exact same thing!

Loads of toasters have a plastic coating/finish (the coloured ones), and some plastic parts. But for those to ignite, must have been a serious blow out!
    dunkman wrote:

i dont have home contents insurance yet i can still manage to buy batteries. i just dont see the correlation dunk.

I don't get your post... YET you can still buy batteries? why the yet? you probably opted out of home contents out of some kind of reasoned thinking... she probably did it because the form asked her her last position and she put "doggy" .. thats if she even knew there was a form.

and home contents insurance is very very cheap... you should look in to it in case something bad were to happen at least you would be covered.
    dunkman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

I don't get your post... YET you can still buy batteries? why the yet? you probably opted out of home contents out of some kind of reasoned thinking... she probably did it because the form asked her her last position and she put "doggy" .. thats if she even knew there was a form.

and home contents insurance is very very cheap... you should look in to it in case something bad were to happen at least you would be covered.

'i hope you dont injure yourself falling off that high horse dunk. i forgot just how righteous a life you live that you can pass judgement on others.

quite frankly dunk if i were to lose all my possessions i really couldnt give a shit. there was a time when i had none, so im sure i could cope if it were to happen again.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    'i hope you dont injure yourself falling off that high horse dunk. i forgot just how righteous a life you live that you can pass judgement on others.

quite frankly dunk if i were to lose all my possessions i really couldnt give a shit. there was a time when i had none, so im sure i could cope if it were to happen again.

why would i fall off my horse? I'm not Christopher Reeves.

wow.. imagine no possessions... it's easy if you try..

sounds catchy that.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    the grandson was probably an asshole. good for the 30 year old grandmom.
    www.myspace.com
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

I'm an asshole too, but at least I know how to use my toaster...

I'm an asshole too, but at least I know how to use my toaster...

yeah but sometimes the toaster burns the toast just to piss you off.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    dunkman wrote:

sounds catchy that.

well i suspect your arrogance will over balance you......... thus you end up with your head in the dirt. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    dunkman wrote:

sounds catchy that.

well i suspect your arrogance will over balance you......... thus you end up with your head in the dirt. 8-)

i've been putting my head in the dirt for years....

oh, i see what you meant.

;)
    dunkman wrote:

;)

oh i doubt that dunk. but youll say you do to save face and maintain your bravado. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    dunkman wrote:

;)

oh i doubt that dunk. but youll say you do to save face and maintain your bravado. 8-)

maintain my bravado? :lol::lol::lol:

thats a bit rich coming from this forums only full time Aileen Wuornos impersonator.
    haffajappa wrote:

My immediate reaction:
    3. Mr. Hands will never be allowed in the kitchen again, and he'd damn sure better pick up some batteries.
    Like YOU should talk

:lol::lol::lol: Would you like a cookie? :lol::D:) :eh:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    haffajappa wrote:

My immediate reaction:
    Like YOU should talk

:lol::lol::lol: Would you like a cookie? :lol::D:) :eh:

:shock:
    dunkman wrote:

thats a bit rich coming from this forums only full time Aileen Wuornos impersonator.

is that the best you can do dunk, comparing me to a man hating psycho killer??? :roll:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    dunkman wrote:

is that the best you can do dunk, comparing me to a man hating psycho killer??? :roll:

without getting banned... yes.

anyway I wasn't comparing... i thought you were.

;)