Options

Do you think PJ would play a benefit show near the Gulf?

stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
edited June 2010 in The Porch
This damm oil spill has been bothering me lately.I live about 10 miles from the Gulf of Mexico and I love going to the beach.But now with this oil spill I know that instead of clear blue water and lovely beaches it will soon be brown water with dead fishes on the beach and birds covered in oil.Do you PJ would consider doing some or one benefit show down here?
Ft. Lauderdale 96'
Tampa 00'
West Palm Beach 03'
House of Blues 03'
Tampa 03'
Kissimmee 04'
West Palm Beach 08'
Tampa 08'
Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hah. no. i highly doubt it.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    In front of BP headquarters!!! Midnight Oil Style!!!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,030
    stoneg wrote:
    This damm oil spill has been bothering me lately.I live about 10 miles from the Gulf of Mexico and I love going to the beach.But now with this oil spill I know that instead of clear blue water and lovely beaches it will soon be brown water with dead fishes on the beach and birds covered in oil.Do you PJ would consider doing some or one benefit show down here?
    I was thinking the same thing recently. It's just so sad and living in Florida as well, that's all that there's on the news. Just simply sad. If PJ decided to do this, I think it would raise a ton of money. We really need the help right now
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    stoneg wrote:

that would be awesome. I hope they do. I think we should all make a national day of prayer also for the gulf oil spill. I think if millions and millions of people set aside one day to just dedicate it to the precious ocean and wildlife being destroyed, then maybe all that positive energy might actually do some good.
  • Options
    stoneg wrote:

that would be awesome. I hope they do. I think we should all make a national day of prayer also for the gulf oil spill. I think if millions and millions of people set aside one day to just dedicate it to the precious ocean and wildlife being destroyed, then maybe all that positive energy might actually do some good.
    very well said
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    stoneg wrote:
    I was thinking the same thing recently. It's just so sad and living in Florida as well, that's all that there's on the news. Just simply sad. If PJ decided to do this, I think it would raise a ton of money. We really need the help right now
    Thanks. I so agree.It is so sad my kids won't be able to go in the gulf at the beach,its killing the enviroment,people will be lose work over it.It is a lose/ lose situation.We need to do something positive about it.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Options
    rolenrockrolenrock Posts: 312
    As of right now there really is no Beneficiary that could be fairly decided... If it is going tothe fisherman and such... how the hell would that be decided.. every fisherman would get like 50 cents. WOOooo!

I hope you don't mean a benefit concert for BP! ha
    2009: Philly Night 2
    2010: MSG Night 1 and Night 2
    2011: Eddie Vedder Solo in Philly, PJ20 Alpine Valley Day 1 and Day 2.
    2012: Berlin Night 1(7/4)
    2013: Wrigley Field, Philly 1 and 2
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    I'm guessing rather than doing a benefit Ed and the boys would rather just see BP foot the bill
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    rolenrock wrote:
    As of right now there really is no Beneficiary that could be fairly decided... If it is going tothe fisherman and such... how the hell would that be decided.. every fisherman would get like 50 cents. WOOooo!

I was think more like the money would go towards helping cleaning up/Surfrider Foundation
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Options
    I'm guessing rather than doing a benefit Ed and the boys would rather just see BP foot the bill
    I want to see BP pay the bill.But don't you think it it something that Ed would care about.Our Oceans.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 489
    rolenrock wrote:

This is a good point. Main concern now is to stop the damn leak, but the ramifications of this spill throughout the gulf region and Florida will linger long after the spill is finally under control.

It's not just fishermen, it's every town along the gulf that relies on tourism... no one is coming to town to lay at the beach, eat in our restaurants, buy souvenirs, etc...

So to answer the OP, I would love PJ to play in Florida for any reason, actually, but a benefit concert really wouldn't do a whole lot of good, unfortunately. No amount of money that would be raised would be enough to help everyone that needs it. Bp sucks!!
  • Options
    I did not write this my boss's wife did.But that is what started the spark in my mind."So where are all the "Save the Gulf" concerts? Where are the T.V. Benefits with celebrities and musicians giving heart felt speeches on the poor fisherman, wildlife, beaches, loss of income and sabotaged gulf economy? I find it rather strange how these people (including our own government) are so quick to help Haiti and other countries...but sit on their butts for this one."
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited June 2010
    LukinFan wrote:
    stoneg wrote:

very well said

ty sweetie. :D I like your picture of the donkey kong pj shirt.
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • Options
    stoneg wrote:
    I did not write this my boss's wife did.But that is what started the spark in my mind."So where are all the "Save the Gulf" concerts? Where are the T.V. Benefits with celebrities and musicians giving heart felt speeches on the poor fisherman, wildlife, beaches, loss of income and sabotaged gulf economy? I find it rather strange how these people (including our own government) are so quick to help Haiti and other countries...but sit on their butts for this one."
    +1000
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    I know they(PJ) cares.And they are people of action.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Options
    murphbrahmurphbrah Posts: 10
    http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-spill ... raise.html

a good start with local musicians.
    wait 'til the oil wraps around the Keys and begins to ruin the eastern US summer.

Jones Beach Theatre, here we come....
  • Options
    murphbrah wrote:
    http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-spill/index.ssf/2010/05/gulf_aid_benefit_concert_raise.html

a good start with local musicians.
    wait 'til the oil wraps around the Keys and begins to ruin the eastern US summer.

Jones Beach Theatre, here we come....
    No dobut.I just think BIG!!! :geek:
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Options
    pearljim10pearljim10 AZ Posts: 404
    would it be wrong to sell the blackgold shirt (see goods section) at a gulf coast show?

BLACKGOLD T
    SKU 1146
    $16.00
    ...oil that is...Texas Tea-shirt.
    The plural of VINYL is VINYL. slh

1996 - Randalls Island 9/28 9/29, Buffalo 10/1
    1998 - Camden 8/28 8/29, East Rutherford 9/8, MSG 9/10, Hartford 9/13
    2000 - Letterman 4/12, Jones Beach 8/23 8/24 8/25, Saratoga Springs 8/27
    2003 - Long Island 4/30, Phoenix 6/7, MSG 7/8 7/9
    2006 - San Diego 7/7
    2009 - Philly IV 10/31
    2010 - MSG 5/20 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 Movie 9/23
    2012 - EV Phoenix 4/13
    2013 - Phoenix 11/19
    2016 - Telluride 7/10
    2018 - Boston/Fenway 9/4
    2019 - EV Tempe Innings Festival 3/3
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    I think that it is possible, but it will be a part of a large group of artists getting together for the cause of restoration. Thats after BP declares they cant handle it, goes bankrupt and bitches out on the responsibility.

something like the VFC shows, only more compact into one big day, or a weekend.....
  • Options
    Its gotta start somewhere.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    That would be wonderful.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    I guess I am more into it because it is right on my doorstep.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    There's a LOT of people disgusted over this catastrophe that don't live near it. There are a few threads on the All Encompassing Trip forum.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    There's a LOT of people disgusted over this catastrophe that don't live near it. There are a few threads on the All Encompassing Trip forum.
    I think as PJ Fans we CAN do something about helping out.We are the best and so is the band.This is right up Ed and Stone's alley.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I think as PJ Fans we CAN do something about helping out.We are the best and so is the band.This is right up Ed and Stone's alley.[/quote]

This made me smile, i do like to think most PJ fans are caring and endeavor to be good people. :D
    We need a leader and a cause to rally behind, that's were the band comes in.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    I say they do a whole tour giving like a quater of the proceeds to the gulf, It makes me so mad, BP that is, the whole situation is unbelieveable, the only thing that upsets me more is that guy getting robbed of his perfect game, do one for him too.
  • Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    Mike (or his dad) is from the fla pan handle.... I can see something happening.
  • Options
    jfconnorjr wrote:
    Mike (or his dad) is from the fla pan handle.... I can see something happening.
    Yeah Mike was born in Penscola,Florida.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,653
    i was surprised they didn't play NOLA soon after katrina.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Bump.Because I still think this is a good cause and idea. :geek:
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'