MLB Network

2»

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Sunday Night Baseball is the worst broadcast any sport has to offer.

I totally agree about announcers shutting up during games. Last year the Phils got the TBS broadcast in the playoffs. Buck Martinez didn't stop talking the entire series. Most. Annoying. Announcer. Ever. Even worse than dan dierdorf
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I totally agree about announcers shutting up during games. Last year the Phils got the TBS broadcast in the playoffs. Buck Martinez didn't stop talking the entire series. Most. Annoying. Announcer. Ever. Even worse than dan dierdorf

Buck Martinez is horrible. I got stuck with him this past weekend when the Yanks were in Toronto. God, I hate his stupid voice.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Buck Martinez is horrible. I got stuck with him this past weekend when the Yanks were in Toronto. God, I hate his stupid voice.

he sounds like a muppet
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I think I'm the only Joe Buck supporter.

Not so much during baseball ... seems like he plans out his lines a little too much (which you can't really do in football) and he's sitting next to that fucktard McCarver.

But for football, I dig the #1 Fox crew.

Agree with Sunday night baseball. Jon Miller is much better when he's just doing a plain ol' Giants game and relaxes a bit more. But Sunday nights are painful.

Joe Morgan, Tim McCarver, Harold Reynolds and Chris Berman .... the Mount Rushmore of painful baseball broadcasting.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    jimed14 wrote:
    I think I'm the only Joe Buck supporter.

Not so much during baseball ... seems like he plans out his lines a little too much (which you can't really do in football) and he's sitting next to that fucktard McCarver.

But for football, I dig the #1 Fox crew.

Agree with Sunday night baseball. Jon Miller is much better when he's just doing a plain ol' Giants game and relaxes a bit more. But Sunday nights are painful.

Joe Morgan, Tim McCarver, Harold Reynolds and Chris Berman .... the Mount Rushmore of painful baseball broadcasting.

i agree with you on all counts except joe buck. he seems like a total douche to me. comes across as very condescending. i can't stand him.

i do like orel hershiser in the booth though. but you can tell that joe morgan wants to push him out the window at the first chance he can get. sunday nights would be much better if they ditched morgan and just went with miller and orel.
    www.myspace.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

he sounds like a muppet

tim kurkjian sounds like a squirel...at least what i'd imagine a squirel to sound like if they spoke.
    www.myspace.com
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    jervin007 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Bryce Harper is officially an outfielder
    i hope they rush him to the bigs and he becomes a bust like most 1st overall picks do. least he'll have some money to match that G.E.D.

hazel mae does nothing for me. if mlb network wanted a hot chick they shoulda went with jenny finch.

I hope not, the kid is a beast. Plus, I really would like to see the National's do well because it would be great for baseball to see a team which was so terrible turn into a contender. Not to mention Harper has played in a wooden bat league, so he is proving his power numbers are legit. Just needed to work with his attitude. I am sure he could have something in his contract indicating he can only stay in the minors for so long. He is a Boras Client after all.

"Playing against a high level of competition and hitting with a wooden bat has not presented much of a challenge to Harper. The 17-year-old hit .442 with 29 home runs and 89 RBIs during the 2010 regular season. And in the National Junior College World Series, Harper hit for the cycle while going 6-for-7. The next day, he went 2-for-5 in the first game of a doubleheader and 6-for-6 with four home runs in the nightcap."
    well considering I'm a mets fan I don't want anyone in the division doing well
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• ever notice with Morgan, to him, the best player on every team is whatever black guy is on that team? It's similar in a way to the Heyman/Boras conspiracy. if you didn't know anything about baseball, and heard Joe Morgan goin on and on about how great a player is, 90% chance said player is an African American. He even once talked at great length once about how the best Yankee was playing for Detroit (Gary Sheffield) I can't even watch SNB unless the Yankees are playing or if someone on my fantasy team is playing and they can put me over the top in the last game of the week. hell, I can't watch anything on ESPN. At all
  • and Buck is another one I cannot stand. the guy even came out a year or 2 ago, and said baseball bores him.To him, people are tuning in to catch the Joe Buck Comedy Program, and there just happens to be a baseball game playing in the background. And now, he only does "big" games and playoffs. Fuck off, and give someone a chance who actually likes watching baseball, and who isnt a douche
    hell, I can't watch anything on ESPN. At all

well said. I'm the same way. that channel is just plain terrible. especially if stu scott or chris berman is involved
    Kevin Millar needs to go. He takes douchebag to levels I didn't think were attainable
    The Fixer wrote:
    Kevin Millar needs to go. He takes douchebag to levels I didn't think were attainable

just when I thought Millar brought douche to unchartered levels...enter eric byrnes.

hopefully this is a temporary thing
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    jimed14 wrote:

I like Harold Reynolds a lot :oops:

I agree with the others though.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    ever notice with Morgan, to him, the best player on every team is whatever black guy is on that team? It's similar in a way to the Heyman/Boras conspiracy. if you didn't know anything about baseball, and heard Joe Morgan goin on and on about how great a player is, 90% chance said player is an African American. He even once talked at great length once about how the best Yankee was playing for Detroit (Gary Sheffield) I can't even watch SNB unless the Yankees are playing or if someone on my fantasy team is playing and they can put me over the top in the last game of the week. hell, I can't watch anything on ESPN. At all
    I whole heartedly agree with your opinion
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • someone just nailed heyman on twitter regarding his love for Boras clients:

Heyman: juan samuel is a class act. he handled showalter hiring as one might expect, with dignity.

jack Moore: Samuel's a Boras client?

JH: dont believe so. try to show some respect. i love wisconsin, too. sorry if i have somehow offended you.

ETA: and another...and mind you, I am not searching for these. I'm looking into the trade market

Brian Jackson: @SI_JonHeyman I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm ripping you for spreading blatant Boras-propaganda all of the time.

JH: @BrienJackson i didnt say i wasnt sensitive to the nastiness. i am surprised by some of it, tho.

@SI_JonHeyman Why would you be surprised? Most people generally don't appreciate you insulting their intelligence w/ your Boras pimping.
  • and one more

I couldn't understand what you said because Scott Boras didn't say it first. RT @SI_JonHeyman try to be respectful. thanks.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    That is outstanding. I am suprised he responded.
  • LOL @ Heyman on MLB network pimping out Boras client Rick Ankiel. Sounded like he was talking about Willie Mays not Ankiel
    kevin millar, eric byrnes, and now rex hudler. come on MLB network, don't make me have to start watching espn again.

just leave joe magrane, mitch williams, al leiter, dave valle, and greg amsinger on. I will never change the channel
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    The Fixer wrote:
    kevin millar, eric byrnes, and now rex hudler. come on MLB network, don't make me have to start watching espn again.

just leave joe magrane, mitch williams, al leiter, dave valle, and greg amsinger on. I will never change the channel

I know, man. Brutal. Remember when he was doing Phils games? Dark days, my friend. Dark days.