Options

2000 boots

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    Newch91 wrote:
    Does anyone have Once from the Verona show? There are two Yellow Ledbetter's on there.

Well I checked that out and didn't hear a YL mate, may be you got a wrong track... If you want I can send it to you.
    México 24/11/2011
  • Options
    I rediscovered my 2000 boots a few months ago and could not believe how great they were. The recording quality is excellent and the band sounds awesome. The different covers they played were right on the money and tied in with the locations they were playing. Matt was playing much heavier, too.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    The recording quality is excellent

You're obviously NOT talking about about the European 'Leg'...
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Time to get started on getting these bootlegs. Thank you all for the help and recommendations of shows!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    Yup I keep saying this, bring back the Ayotte kit. This Yamaha sucks!

I knew he played a different kit back then. Man that Ayotte sounded awesome. So much thicker than the yamaha. I don't know if it's because he was still pretty new to a lot of those songs, but Matt played much more aggressive in 2000. His fills were sick.

I feel like he is much more straight forward now, still awesome, but not as much as he was in 2000. Compare The '00 Given to Fly to any version after.
  • Options
    The Verona boot was good. Listening to the Lisbon boot now and the Portuguese love Pearl Jam!

"I'd rather be, I'd rather be with, I'd rather be in PORTUGAL!!"
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    pghaspghas Posts: 128
    Niko80 wrote:
    There are many good 00 boots. After listening ot them all several times, a big favourite in terms of sound and band performance is sept 1st in philly.

They just nailed that show!

Ditto that. I have 25 or so of the 2000 bootlegs and Philly 9/1/00 is not only my favorite of the tour but among the best ever shows, I think. Other unmined gems from this period IMO - Ljubljana is actually a very solid and underrated show, Katowice II of course, Verona, Milan are all solid. Lisbon is fun because its a tour opener, the crowd sounds insane like at a European soccer game and the band is a bit more refined, the tempos of some of the tunes is a little more deliberate than any other shows so it's a different sounding show. I've actually never been crazy about the Vegas show (Ed was sick) but prefer Boise and San Diego. San Bernadino opens with RVM which is sweet; Atlanta, Tampa and Chicago are all enjoyable - longer shows with lots of hits, so probably pick one of these. The other underrated gem is Boston 2 from this tour (Boston 1 is the one everyone talks about but 2 is money.)
  • Options
    KarleyKarley Posts: 506
    pghas wrote:
    Niko80 wrote:
    There are many good 00 boots. After listening ot them all several times, a big favourite in terms of sound and band performance is sept 1st in philly.

They just nailed that show!

Ditto that. I have 25 or so of the 2000 bootlegs and Philly 9/1/00 is not only my favorite of the tour but among the best ever shows, I think. Other unmined gems from this period IMO - Ljubljana is actually a very solid and underrated show, Katowice II of course, Verona, Milan are all solid. Lisbon is fun because its a tour opener, the crowd sounds insane like at a European soccer game and the band is a bit more refined, the tempos of some of the tunes is a little more deliberate than any other shows so it's a different sounding show. I've actually never been crazy about the Vegas show (Ed was sick) but prefer Boise and San Diego. San Bernadino opens with RVM which is sweet; Atlanta, Tampa and Chicago are all enjoyable - longer shows with lots of hits, so probably pick one of these. The other underrated gem is Boston 2 from this tour (Boston 1 is the one everyone talks about but 2 is money.)

Yay I just got another six of the shows from my neighbours who received the package for me! Manchester, Wembley I, Katowice II, Zürich, Milan and Barcelona! So what to hear first?!

btw - one word about Ljubljana: GROWER!
    <object height="305" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="305" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" favorite tracks!</a> by <a href="
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Newch91 wrote:
    The Verona boot was good. Listening to the Lisbon boot now and the Portuguese love Pearl Jam!

"I'd rather be, I'd rather be with, I'd rather be in PORTUGAL!!"
    If you like the Portugal one you'll love San Sebastian too.
    My top 10: Boise, Columbus, Milan, Katowice 2, San Sebastian, New Orleans, San Diego, Nurnburg, London 2, Pittsburgh. For the record the only boot I'm not that fond of is Prague which has a good setlist and apparently was a good gig but it doesn't come across so well on the boot for some reason? All the California gigs are a good listen!! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    The '00 boots are rediculous. The mix is perfect in terms of each instrument. It is very well balanced. Matt's drums sound is awesome....they have such a more fuller sound then the set he uses now. He also was more "flashy" than he is now. Listen to any version of God's Dice from this tour....

Binaural is such an underrated album live. I wish they played more tracks from this album now.

2000 is my fav tour to listen to
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    To me the 2003 boots are the best quality. Buffalo, The Mansfield 3 shows (07/03/03 is a serious sleeper), MSG's, State College are all classics. The Japan/Australia legs were fantastic as well.

2000 is great as well...although does slightly lack bass and overall warmth (for lack of a better term)...the volume level is also set far too low...especially during the European leg...so you have to crank your volume to get it loud. This can be a problem if youre playing tracks from different years like the 2003 boots.
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    i_lov_it wrote:
    The recording quality is excellent

You're obviously NOT talking about about the European 'Leg'...
    The European 2000 boots are the highest quality boots the band have released - sure, they're a little bass-shy compared to others, but it's overstated a lot of the time - just turn up your bass control if it bothers you.

The Euro 2000 boots have wonderful dynamic range, much more so than any other boots the band have released. The 2003 boots are the complete opposite, they've been compressed to headache-inducing levels - not good.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    I love the 2000 boots. Awesome sounding.

Speaking of these boots, which one's should I get? I only have Seattle 2. Time to stock up on these!

vegas is awesome, so is san diego.
  • Options
    Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    I have most of the 2000 boots. I bought a few, but got most of mine via trades. If some of you who are buying these on ebay are interested in trading, let me know. If you don't have very many boots to trade, I'd be happy to do B&P (blanks and postage - you send me blank discs and an envelope with paid postage and I copy your requested shows and send them back). I was able to kick start my collection by finding some fans who were willing to do B&P for me. Anyway, PM me if you're interested or have any questions about trades/B&P.

**Obviously, 1 for 1 trades or B&P only. I'm not looking to make a profit or get more than a 1 for 1 trade. It's just about sharing the great music.**
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • Options
    Really, really digging "I Got You" from the Verona show.
  • Options
    Ah, the 2000 boots. When the guitars actually had balls, the mix was well balanced & the mastering was perfect (US legs). Those were the days.
  • Options
    Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    Alright, you guys have sold me.
    I am gonna try my bestest
    to snag me a gooder off ebay.
    Thanx for posting some particularly good
    dates/venues to seek out.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • Options
    JM187052JM187052 Posts: 69
    Newch91 wrote:

That was actually released as a single believe it or not.
  • Options
    JM187052 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Really? Was it just a European single?
  • Options
    JM187052JM187052 Posts: 69
    Newch91 wrote:
    JM187052 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Really? Was it just a European single?

Yea, a promo from the Verona show. There was also a betterman/even flow disc from the Spain show.

http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=360