Options

For those who say the 2010 bootleg quality is bad...

2»

Comments

• Options
    smanchacsmanchac Posts: 255
    how am i mr know it all?!

and no, a bootleg doesnt have to sound bad. you make it seem like every boot has to sound bad. Were lucky enough to get soundboard recordings of all the shows... and ya know what? they dont sound bad to me.

This is seriously the stupidest debate ive ever had. A nice radio system over an ipod ear bud makes all the difference in the world, which is what i was trying to say like 8 posts ago.

Think what you want, say what you want, but im done arguing about this.

The 2010 bootlegs sound great to me. Period. Everyone else can think what they want and alot of people actually agreed with me about them sounding good on a good radio, if you listen on an ipod and want to complain, then, thats your problem, but dont say the actual recordings sound like shit, because they dont. :x
    2000 10.14 10.15
    2003 4.1 4.3 4.5 4.6 4.8 4.9 4.11 4.13 6.9 6.10
    2004 10.8
    2008 6.14 6.17 6.22
    2009 9.21 9.22 9.25 10.4
    2010 5.18 5.20 5.21
    2012 7.4 7.5 7.7 7.9 7.10 9.30
    2013 7.19 10.21 10.22 10.25 12.4 12.6

35 Shows; 1040 Songs
  • Options
    theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    people people people..what are you doing..everyone has a point of view..

ive not listened to a 2010 boot yet..but all the poster above is saying is if you listen to a cd though a good standard hi-fi..its going to sound better then a ipod with crap headphones..thats a bit of a no brainer.

yes the 2000 sound great.what i dont understand is how ten year on they are still the best boots we have had.i thought tecnology had got better over the years.so why are the 2010 not the best by far?(im asking as i have no idea).

;)
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    people people people..what are you doing..everyone has a point of view..

ive not listened to a 2010 boot yet..but all the poster above is saying is if you listen to a cd though a good standard hi-fi..its going to sound better then a ipod with crap headphones..thats a bit of a no brainer.

yes the 2000 sound great.what i dont understand is how ten year on they are still the best boots we have had.i thought tecnology had got better over the years.so why are the 2010 not the best by far?(im asking as i have no idea).

;)
    and that's all i've been saying to this guy from my first point in here but yet he continues to not get that
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    The 2010 bootlegs don't seem to all be on the same level. After listening to the Boston show and Buffalo show back to back last night, the Boston show definitely had a more of a hollow, tinny sound to it.

The boots in 00 and 03 seem to be incredibly consistent and truly sound like they took the actual soundboard recording...boots now tend to sound like multiple mics are placed around the venue and recorded that way.

This is probably not the case, but the sound quality difference is staggering. We are lucky to get these boots and we are certainly spoiled...its just frustrating at times because they used to capture the live shows so well!
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    btw, I have a Cowon S9 which is one of the best mp3 players on the market in terms of sound quality...it has an excellent EQ and I am able to breathe a lot of life into these boots by fiddling with it. Obviously this is all relative though because when I use the right settings for an 03 boot, it makes those even better as well.

As a cheaper alternative, I highly recommend the Sony Walkman...the sound quality is A+...much better than any ipod and you can get one for around 100 bucks. Pair it with a nice pair of headphones and youll never turn back.