Options

Ten Club Ticket Process

13»

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,603
    Bentleyspop, thanks for agreeing, re: the rudeness! :) I don't know why people just can't have a logical, calm discussion....if someone thinks what I proposed is unfair, that's fine...just state your opinion and back it up with a logical explanation...not so hard, right?

I don't think it is so hard at all

I guess some people can act calm during arguments (heated and otherwise) while others have to to throw tantrums if everyone doesn't agree with them

it seems to me that the older members on here like you and I seem to find it easier to state an opinion and move on.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    PearlJamVixen.i think you get my way of thinking. seems more fair..seniority better seats,but all members the same chances to tickets.and i dont think rud has to do with old or new member,is what person u are,what experience you have in life, the way you choose to go in life.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    I think they just need to fix their cart system. I don't understand how Klaussen's site can manage to keep an item in a cart during high traffic but PJ can't. I'm also aware there are 1000 more people going for tickets but if a small site of one artist can afford to get their shit together, why can't a multi-million dollar business like Pearl Jam get something that works. It's not so much the tickets selling out it's the fact that somehow after what, 5-6 hours? people had to continue to refresh because MSG were still listed as temporarily out of stock and not sold out. That is just a slap in the face to your fans/customers.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    I think they just need to fix their cart system. I don't understand how Klaussen's site can manage to keep an item in a cart during high traffic but PJ can't. I'm also aware there are 1000 more people going for tickets but if a small site of one artist can afford to get their shit together, why can't a multi-million dollar business like Pearl Jam get something that works. It's not so much the tickets selling out it's the fact that somehow after what, 5-6 hours? people had to continue to refresh because MSG were still listed as temporarily out of stock and not sold out. That is just a slap in the face to your fans/customers.
    agreed

it took me a total of 20 minutes to get tickets on ticketmaster.com for both msg shows

that's so amazing isn't it :roll:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    ive had more success that not with the current system. i am a fan of it

hot markets with 20million people living in the area will always be tough tickets to get and there is no reason why if someone travels from arizona to nyc that someone from nyc cant travel to buffalo, if they NEED to

if they change the system it will only be changed to accommodate the few, not the many. i had ZERO troubles getting tickets for columbus, cleveland, indy and buffalo, so the current system works

nothing to change
    of course you didn't have trouble when columbus and indy were onsale for days on here. they were even on sale after the msg tickets went on sale. the dude from arizona used to be from long island so yes he does NEED to see pj at his hometown arena :) .
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Dimitrispearljam,
    Again, still not sure why/how what I proposed is unfair. If there were a block of tickets reserved for each membership number group (the SAME number of tickets available for each group)...how is that not fair???? If each group is able to purchase from a pool of say, 1000 tickets (or whatever)...why would it matter what your number is??
    its not fair to categorize fans like that...u are online and try for tickets all ok...u score ,lucky,not score unlucky..all from number 1 to 500000 must have the same chances..exable
    from 1-99999 there are less active members than 400.000 -500.000...if they split the sales..the first group has % better chance to get tickets than the last group...25 $me..25$ you..so all in the presale the same time with the same %
    I've let my membership slip twice in the past and have missed out on tickets like many others but if a system was put in place to protect seniority more people would get pissed off and there would be less 10c members. Selling tickets in pools of 1000 or however many would drastically change the odds of scoring tickets for each respective pool as they went on sale. If a venue had for example 5000 10c tickets, 1000 went on sale at 12:00 hrs and 1000 on every hour until the final pool went on sale at 16:00 the newer members would be chasing 1000 tickets as opposed to 5000! I don't fancy those odds so much. Everyone should have the same chance as they pay the same subscription fee each year. Yeah it's frustrating sitting staring at the same screen for hours only to end up relying on TM public sales but that's the luck of the draw. 10c could maybe increase the ticket number for pre-sales and get TM to handle the sale if 10c members feel their own servers can't cope with the demand. If you don't get through 10c or TM and you tried there's not much else you can do? :?
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    TresentPenseTresentPense New York City Posts: 551
    This thread has been absolutely agonizing to read. As a longtime 10c member (192XXX), I'm of the opinion that from a "supply and demand" perspective the current system is about as fair and efficient as it can really be. I've gotten 10c tickets for I'd guess 75% of the shows i have tried for - I'll take it. My only suggestion (assuming this isn't already in place, which it very well may be) would be that the 10c maximizes their allotment for big market cities. If Columbus "needs" 4500 10c seats to meet demand, then a show at MSG needs double that. Again, I don't know what can and can't be done related to this but at this point I'd like to think that the 10c has a decent grasp on what cities are going to let 10c tix leisurely sit on the website for sale for days at a time versus those that will be gone immediately. No system will ever be perfect but for now I think that what is in place works for everyone regardless of their 10c number, and no matter what not everyone can win...but they're trying.
    '98: 8/22
    '00: 8/23 8/24 8/25
    '03: 4/30 7/2 7/3 7/8 7/9 7/11
    '04: 10/1
    '06: 5/13 5/27 5/28 6/1 6/3
    '08: 6/24 6/25 6/27 6/28 7/1
    '09: 10/30 10/31
    '10: 5/15 5/18 5/20 5/21 6/25
    '11: 9/3 9/4
    '12: 9/2 9/22
    '13: 7/19 10/18 10/19 10/21 10/22 11/23 11/24
    '14: 10/19
    '15: 9/26
    '16: 4/8 4/9 4/11 4/28 4/29 5/1 5/2 8/5 8/7
    '17: RNRHOF 4/17
    '18: 9/2 9/4
    '21: 9/18
  • Options
    slawdyslawdy Posts: 30
    I live in Wyoming. I have to travel to go to shows. I am pretty fortunate to be able to travel around
    the country to places I would not normally visit but for pearl jam.

Traveling is not that expensive if you put some though into it.

I just go to places where demand isn't high for tickets. No disappointment. I have been to MSG, Seattle
    Chicago and they are just as good and just as cool in Missoula, Salt Lake, Indiana, Denver.

I like the current system and it is the only thing that makes sense.

Never won the lottery probably never will. Who cares... Just good music and good people, for the most part.

Off to fish Salmon Flies on the Gunnison.
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    I think the current system is great. I love the lottery and the online sales. What sucks is A. The servers and B. People wasting hours hitting refresh
  • Options
    KH453KH453 Posts: 18
    For me, with a REALLY low number (4xxxx), I see the method of distributing 10c tickets as good and fair. The lottery for rows 1-2 and 9-10 was a good addition to make things as fair as possible for all 10c members, while still rewarding long-time members. I used to never be further back than row 2, and now I regularly get row 3 (or even 4 sometimes!) (I've never won the lottery - not complaining)

The servers definitely need to be improved to cut down on everyone's time spent trying to get tickets. That's the No. 1, and pretty much only problem that I see with the process.

Seriously, folks - the band/10c goes out of its way to take care of its fans. Yes, anyone can buy a 10c membership - there''s no test to get in. Of course there are going to be people (scalpers, etc.) that try to take advantage of the system. That's the way of the world.

Let's just hope there's an effort to improve bandwidth/capacity, etc., the next time there's a 10c onsale. It may result in learning that the show sold out very quickly, but at least it will cut down on the time spent/wasted hitting refresh.

In the end, just enjoy the rock...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    KH453 wrote:

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    TresentPenseTresentPense New York City Posts: 551
    KH453 wrote:
    For me, with a REALLY low number (4xxxx), I see the method of distributing 10c tickets as good and fair. The lottery for rows 1-2 and 9-10 was a good addition to make things as fair as possible for all 10c members, while still rewarding long-time members. I used to never be further back than row 2, and now I regularly get row 3 (or even 4 sometimes!) (I've never won the lottery - not complaining)

The servers definitely need to be improved to cut down on everyone's time spent trying to get tickets. That's the No. 1, and pretty much only problem that I see with the process.

Seriously, folks - the band/10c goes out of its way to take care of its fans. Yes, anyone can buy a 10c membership - there''s no test to get in. Of course there are going to be people (scalpers, etc.) that try to take advantage of the system. That's the way of the world.

Let's just hope there's an effort to improve bandwidth/capacity, etc., the next time there's a 10c onsale. It may result in learning that the show sold out very quickly, but at least it will cut down on the time spent/wasted hitting refresh.

Well said man.

Final comment - 100% in agreement with the whole bandwith thing that really seems to be the only hitch in the process that the 10C has. The only other band "fanclub" I've ever gone through for purchasing tickets to shows is MUSE, and I while I know that their allotment system is much more simplistic (no seniority, no fanclub member #'s, and their floor isn't seated in the front so they have GA tickets available) the one REALLY nice thing about their fanclub on-sale is that you know in 3mins time whether you have tickets for the show or not. You either get in, or you don't. No refreshing for hours on end, no webpage malfunctions, no partial page loads, no face ripped off screens - it's either you get them or you don't, and further, you know where you're sitting immediately. Obviously there are downfalls here (it isn't scapler-proof, fair chance you actually have a better shot at better tickets through the regular TM on-sale, etc) but the ONE thing they have figured out is how to handle the web traffic and get things over and done with in a very short period of time. That all said, I prefer the way 10C does absolutely everything about how the PJ fanclub ticket sales are run in comparison...but do wish they were doing it with a more powerful technology infrastructure (even though it has noticeably improved through the years!).
    '98: 8/22
    '00: 8/23 8/24 8/25
    '03: 4/30 7/2 7/3 7/8 7/9 7/11
    '04: 10/1
    '06: 5/13 5/27 5/28 6/1 6/3
    '08: 6/24 6/25 6/27 6/28 7/1
    '09: 10/30 10/31
    '10: 5/15 5/18 5/20 5/21 6/25
    '11: 9/3 9/4
    '12: 9/2 9/22
    '13: 7/19 10/18 10/19 10/21 10/22 11/23 11/24
    '14: 10/19