Statue dude dead center, front row @ MSG II

PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
edited June 2010 in The Porch
In every video shot from the rear of stage there is this dude. He is like a statue! Maybe he was tripping or something, but he did not move, clap, jump, wave his arms, sing, --- nothing. If that was my fat old ass, I would have had 4 or 5 heart attacks before the 1st encore.

The moral of my story is simple: 10 clubbers, choose your guest wisely, they may end up with you in the front row after winning the lottery.

Alternate moral for the cynics: MSG/PJ if you are giving front row tickets away, make sure they are really into the band first. ;)
~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• it's probably one of Ed's brothers............. :o:lol:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    In every video shot from the rear of stage there is this dude. He is like a statue! Maybe he was tripping or something, but he did not move, clap, jump, wave his arms, sing, --- nothing. If that was my fat old ass, I would have had 4 or 5 heart attacks before the 1st encore.

The moral of my story is simple: 10 clubbers, choose your guest wisely, they may end up with you in the front row after winning the lottery.

Alternate moral for the cynics: MSG/PJ if you are giving front row tickets away, make sure they are really into the band first. ;)

I know who your talking about, he's fuckin creepy :cry:
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    did he have a striped shirt?
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    Everyone reacts differently at concerts.(Or funerals for that matter). I have a friend of mine, who i bring to some shows, who doesn't move much. He just stands there and he might bob his head every now and then. But, after the show he'll go on and on, about how GREAT the show was. He's more animated after the show, then he is during it.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I heard that guy plays a mean pinball.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    post a vid! let's see this dude.
  • BlahBlah Posts: 469
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

So are you saying I shouldn't bring my husband to a show with me because he isn't a fanatic like I am? :?

I want him by my side, he thinks Pearl Jam is very talented and he respects them a lot but he is not going to jump around or sing or anything. He says he likes to see me have so much, and I love having him by my side. So no he's coming with me deal with it. How anyone worries about another person in the crowd not going crazy is hard to imagine, I zone out and am all about the music and the band. However that guy was maybe he is shy but loves the band like crazy. Don't understand what this post was meant for, sorry.
    Mcam55 wrote:

i wasnt refering to him, atleast he claping :lol: , but like three guys over, bald dude, glasses, videoing everything. creepy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EzHvkKG ... &index=194
  • JoerockJoerock Posts: 129
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I heard that guy plays a mean pinball.

lol :lol: "That deaf, dumb and blind kid Sure plays a mean pinball "
    2006 - Washington D.C.
    2010 - Bristow, VA
    2013 - Charlottesville, VA
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Beach Bum wrote:
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

So are you saying I shouldn't bring my husband to a show with me because he isn't a fanatic like I am? :?

I want him by my side, he thinks Pearl Jam is very talented and he respects them a lot but he is not going to jump around or sing or anything. He says he likes to see me have so much, and I love having him by my side. So no he's coming with me deal with it. How anyone worries about another person in the crowd not going crazy is hard to imagine, I zone out and am all about the music and the band. However that guy was maybe he is shy but loves the band like crazy. Don't understand what this post was meant for, sorry.

Sorry if I hurt you feelings, please don't take it personal.

I'm just sayin' --- STBC ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9cW3Ho12nk
    KO282453 wrote:
    Mcam55 wrote:

i wasnt refering to him, atleast he claping :lol: , but like three guys over, bald dude, glasses, videoing everything. creepy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EzHvkKG ... &index=194
    Thats him.....
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Individual goes to pick up 10club tickets at the will call window.

Attendant: "Excuse me sir, do you jump around a lot throughout the show?"

Member: "I love the band, they are the greatest band ever, but I am usually not real animated. I also don't know all the word the every Pearl Jam song ever written"

Attendant: "Well, we were going to give you these great lottery seats, but I guess we'll give them to someone else because you aren't a big enough fan."

Don't pass judgment. It doesn't mean someone isn't having a good time, or appreciates the band or music any less than anyone else.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
    i agree with beach bum, but holy shit that guy is awkward in that video.
  • BlahBlah Posts: 469
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    Sorry if I hurt you feelings, please don't take it personal.

I'm just sayin' --- STBC ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9cW3Ho12nk

Eeek! thats kinda hard to watch.
  • pjsycopjsyco Posts: 646
    About 3:10 of the video, check out the dude, looks like he is in his 70's, upper left corner of the screen, rocking out. Gotta love that!

Sorry, from the "Not For You" video
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    wow STBC video..how can people defend that...hes just leaning with his hand on his chin like hes sitting in english class.
    jervin007 wrote:
    Individual goes to pick up 10club tickets at the will call window.

Attendant: "Excuse me sir, do you jump around a lot throughout the show?"

Member: "I love the band, they are the greatest band ever, but I am usually not real animated. I also don't know all the word the every Pearl Jam song ever written"

Attendant: "Well, we were going to give you these great lottery seats, but I guess we'll give them to someone else because you aren't a big enough fan."

Don't pass judgment. It doesn't mean someone isn't having a good time, or appreciates the band or music any less than anyone else.

There's this thing, it's called a sense of humor.
    pjsyco wrote:
    About 3:10 of the video, check out the dude, looks like he is in his 70's, upper left corner of the screen, rocking out. Gotta love that!

Sorry, from the "Not For You" video

:lol:

where the F did that guy come from!? :lol:
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    Mcam55 wrote:
    wow STBC video..how can people defend that...hes just leaning with his hand on his chin like hes sitting in english class.

that's just fucked up....give Eddie credit for not calling him out...what a turd
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • How do u stand FRONT ROW with the music slamming that hard and not even bop your head!?!? So wierd. I stood between two statues at philly4. Nice guys, but total silent types (entire show) who did not move at all. Personally I need to be around others who r losing their minds like me. That's why msg2 is best overall show for me. It had the greatest percentage of people rocking out.

Have to start doing it old school pfunk style with crowd chants calling out the silent types
    "We be rockin' over here! And over there aint shit!"
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    How do u stand FRONT ROW with the music slamming that hard and not even bop your head!?!? So wierd. I stood between two statues at philly4. Nice guys, but total silent types (entire show) who did not move at all. Personally I need to be around others who r losing their minds like me. That's why msg2 is best overall show for me. It had the greatest percentage of people rocking out.

Have to start doing it old school pfunk style with crowd chants calling out the silent types

you are so right buddy. The section you and I were in was awesome.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
    How do u stand FRONT ROW with the music slamming that hard and not even bop your head!?!? So wierd. I stood between two statues at philly4. Nice guys, but total silent types (entire show) who did not move at all. Personally I need to be around others who r losing their minds like me. That's why msg2 is best overall show for me. It had the greatest percentage of people rocking out.

+1
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    cutz wrote:
    Everyone reacts differently at concerts.(Or funerals for that matter). I have a friend of mine, who i bring to some shows, who doesn't move much. He just stands there and he might bob his head every now and then. But, after the show he'll go on and on, about how GREAT the show was. He's more animated after the show, then he is during it.

Exactly. I don't know what people want from others. I'm probably the "in between" type that sings and applauds and I'll move around in my little space, but that doesn't mean everyone has to act like me. And for those of you who jump up and down like maniacs, scream and hoot and holler throughout the show, well, that bothers the hell out of me. But I don't tell them how to act during a show.

What is it you want from people? Let people be who they are and leave them be. Why does this type of reaction at a show bother everyone so much? Just as the person I quoted said, her friend has a great time just taking it all in.

Nothing wrong with that.
  • How do u stand FRONT ROW with the music slamming that hard and not even bop your head!?!? So wierd. I stood between two statues at philly4. Nice guys, but total silent types (entire show) who did not move at all. Personally I need to be around others who r losing their minds like me. That's why msg2 is best overall show for me. It had the greatest percentage of people rocking out.

That's right my brother!!! Always good to be next to you at a show or on a post! Hahaha!
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    i admit, i was going to come on here and say "really? who cares!" because i'm in my oooooown little bubble... i'll shriek and sing and clap and carry on like a child regardless of what's happening around me because i feel no pain and focus entirely.. but then i watched the STBC video and .. yeah. that must be so weird for the band to see.

maybe he had a back injury...
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    ahh well, i'm sure he enjoyed the shit out of it, just didn't outwardly show it while there. each to their own.

but now i feel the urge to DAAAAAAAANCE...
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158

That's right my brother!!! Always good to be next to you at a show or on a post! Hahaha!

Amen to that!! That Stone Solo we were trying to figure out was Amongst the Waves I think.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Who's high pitch?

Jesus, now i can't look at anything but that guy.
This discussion has been closed.