So?? How was your weekend???

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,472
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I had a good weekend...

Fishing..
Grilling....

I spent hours in front of a campfire gazing at the stars...

Not a bad weekend...

How was yours?
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    not worth a shit
    :)
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    the tan is in on !!
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Actually happy to be back at work. I didn't do squat. Being single on long weekends kinda blows. :|

With that being said, because of the PM a random person thread started here, I "met" a few really cool people. One in particular is a real joy to talk to. :D

anyway, I'm glad I won't have to do this long weekend thing again until July. :lol:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,472
    the wolf wrote:
    Actually happy to be back at work. I didn't do squat. Being single on long weekends kinda blows. :|

With that being said, because of the PM a random person thread started here, I "met" a few really cool people. One in particular is a real joy to talk to. :D

anyway, I'm glad I won't have to do this long weekend thing again until July. :lol:
    Ya gotta look at it differently....

You are NOW....
    HAPPILY SINGLE!!!!!!!

Go out and bang as many bimbos as you can.....

Act like you are 21 again....

Why not??
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Ours was awesome, a little of everything and a lot of nothing. Our kids ditched us Sunday eve which is good for them 8-) glad they have better stuff to do than karaoke with Mom and Dad! They came by for lunch and a visit yesterday, free food :mrgreen: JB hasn't had a 3 day weekend in forever so he was exhausted when it was over, gotta get back to work to rest up ;)
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    the wolf wrote:

Ya gotta look at it differently....

You are NOW....
    HAPPILY SINGLE!!!!!!!

Go out and bang as many bimbos as you can.....

Act like you are 21 again....

Why not??

What a gem you are...
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    hectic. Opened a new business at the shore! (Sea Isle City) Things went well, but after all the preparation I am SO TIRED!!! But, we listen to Pearl Jam all day, so it's all good! :D
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Pretty good! Went to the parent's lake house and helped with mowing and chores. Got the boat out and did some fishing. Starting to get really hot down here.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    It was nice Speedy, thanks for asking. Weather was great, except for the fact we've had smoke come down from Canada and the air quality in Mass has been just awful the last 24 hours.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    It was nice Speedy, thanks for asking. Weather was great, except for the fact we've had smoke come down from Canada and the air quality in Mass has been just awful the last 24 hours.
    Is Canada on fire??
    Whats with this smoke you are talking about???
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Beautiful. Lots of sunshine, tons of yard work, grilled food and relaxing.

Putting shoes on today for work was a real struggle though.
    Nice shirt.
    hectic. Opened a new business at the shore! (Sea Isle City) Things went well, but after all the preparation I am SO TIRED!!! But, we listen to Pearl Jam all day, so it's all good! :D
    Sea Isle City???

What ya sellin???
  • HeyWayneHeyWayne Posts: 316
    Hectic. Managed to get some cycle training in for the charity ride I'm taking part in on the 20th June. Did some gardening, got some work on my allotment done. Did a little DIY then had a barbecue - the first of the year.

Took our son out for the day at a local 'open farm'

Now having a 16 month old boy running around changes the barbecue dynamic hugely!

Looking forward to this summer we're about to have...
    Just a dude growing veg

haywayne.blogspot.com
    Flagg wrote:
    Pretty good! Went to the parent's lake house and helped with mowing and chores. Got the boat out and did some fishing. Starting to get really hot down here.
    Catch anything???
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Could not have been worse...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Could not have been worse...

????
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Pretty good... got A LOT of work done on our basements (who knew trim/baseboards could be such a pain in the ass?).

Yesterday, besides cutting the grass, we put the work aside and went to Lake George for the afternoon and played in the sand and swam a little. A good day...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    My weekend was fantastic! The weather was perfect...spent lots of time outside...hours and hours by the pool. Finally got to relax! :D
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    My weekend was fantastic! The weather was perfect...spent lots of time outside...hours and hours by the pool. Finally got to relax! :D

pools are just so fuc-king awesome ..i can sit for days on end
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    Drama-free. Relaxing. Ass-busting. Amazing.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885

me too! A little sun...a little water...perfection! :)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"

me too! A little sun...a little water...perfection! :)
    The swimming pool down the street opens next week. I am looking forward to getting my lap swim in before work.

I love swimming........
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Well, ours wasn't a fancy long weekend, but it was good I guess. :P

Work on Friday, almost got into a fight (through NO fault of my own) when walking home. That sucked.

Did sweet fuck all on Saturday. :D Watched Star Trek and was just lazy in general.

On Sunday had some coffee (tea for me) with friends before work. Then decided that I'd deserved to take a taxi home instead of walking. (Had a 6-day week at work.) :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Is Canada on fire??
    Whats with this smoke you are talking about???

There's forest fires up in Quebec near Trois Rivieres, and we could see the smoke yesterday ourselves, coming from over the Adirondacks. Everyone thought something in town or a neighboring town was burning until we found out what it was. It smelled like burning garbage and it was very hazy.

My weekend - still taught 2 classes, but no evening classes yesterday.

Saturday: took apart an industrial vacuum cleaner to determine by process of elimination that the wiring and switch was good, but the motor burned out (someone else was using it when it stopped working). Put it semi-back together so I wouldn't forget how to put the new motor that I ordered in.

Lay around Monday except for teaching class. Chauffered kids.

It was okay. My real break was the 2 weekends before last with Pearl Jam.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    nothing...not a damned thing

i think i was recovering from new york :oops: :mrgreen:
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Not bad, went to the English Seaside town of Blackpool yesterday, and I think I may have gone a slightly darker shade of cream.
    Weekend was good. Now leave me alone.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Claireack wrote:
    Not bad, went to the English Seaside town of Blackpool yesterday, and I think I may have gone a slightly darker shade of cream.

reminds me of the lyric....

and a lighter shade of pale
    :lol:

nice for you! i got a wee bit sunburnt, and not happy about it. i usually am very careful in the sun. i let my legs tan, but all else i am very careful. somehow tho, didn't realize my neck/chest was exposed (though my hat shaded the area) so got a bit red. eh well.

fantastic weekend! did next to nothing except sit outside....grill......drink....repeat. 8-) bliss!
    worked in the garden a wee bit, all the plants are doing lovely....did very few errands/chores.....was just totally enjoyable!

3 more days and time for more....9 days of staycation.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Claireack wrote:

reminds me of the lyric....

and a lighter shade of pale
    :lol:

nice for you! i got a wee bit sunburnt, and not happy about it. i usually am very careful in the sun. i let my legs tan, but all else i am very careful. somehow tho, didn't realize my neck/chest was exposed (though my hat shaded the area) so got a bit red. eh well.

sweet i leave for miami next tuesday !!!!!!!!!!!!! holla :mrgreen:
    fantastic weekend! did next to nothing except sit outside....grill......drink....repeat. 8-) bliss!
    worked in the garden a wee bit, all the plants are doing lovely....did very few errands/chores.....was just totally enjoyable!

3 more days and time for more....9 days of staycation.

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977

i'll be recovering from hubby's birthday celebration monday next tuesday...;)
    so you're going to go from NY hot weather to even hotter miami weather? better you than me...:lol:
    ENJOY!
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow