What are the best 2010 Bootlegs to get?

GoingHungryGoingHungry Posts: 33
edited June 2010 in The Porch
Hey Jammers, I attended the Bristow show (def getting that one) but there are a few shows that seem to stand out that are must buys. Cleveland, MSG1 & 2, Boston.... Any idea why Cleveland is getting so much talk? I guess everyone says the show that they attended was the best, but what are "worth keeping". Any thoughts? Thanks!
I am mine!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pearl DrummerPearl Drummer Posts: 4,627
    Hey Jammers, I attended the Bristow show (def getting that one) but there are a few shows that seem to stand out that are must buys. Cleveland, MSG1 & 2, Boston.... Any idea why Cleveland is getting so much talk? I guess everyone says the show that they attended was the best, but what are "worth keeping". Any thoughts? Thanks!

i would def buy MSG 2 and boston. i attended the boston show and it was unbelievable, and the setlist for MSG 2 it just crazy. and ive actually heard cleveland from start to finish they played it on pearl jam radio in its entirety last week and it was really good. so im assuming thats why its being talked about latley
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    For my money...you've got to get the MSG shows....I didn't even go and I'm probably gonna buy them....

I was at Columbus...If those albums can even half way capture half the energy in that building and half the energy the band played with that night....that album will be a classic....(I should know this evening, my boots should be delivered today!)....Columbus was a rocker from start to finish...
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    on set alone, it has to be Boston....just wow
  • nickdarpsnickdarps Posts: 47
    hartford and msg2 were rediculous
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Was only at the MSG shows, but get the MSG shows.
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • joeybucketsjoeybuckets Posts: 511
    msg2
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    msg2/boston
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I think I'll be ordering Hartford, Boston, Newark, and both MSGs. And who know what the Euro tour has in store?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,340
    Hartford, Boston & MSG2
  • i think the only people qualified to answer are the people who attended/listened to every show. otherwise just go with a setlist you like.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    MSG2/Columbus/Boston in that order
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I have listened to:

NOLA
    KC
    Cleveland

I attended:
    Cleveland
    Buffalo
    MSG I
    MSG II

NOLA was not too good. KC was pretty decent actually. Cleveland is a good boot also. Buffalo was a really fun show with the crowd, setlist wasnt that great, probably wont be the greatest boot (except for Fatal which was awesome). MSG I was similar to Buffalo. MSG II would be a good boot to get.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    I think I'll be ordering Hartford, Boston, Newark, and both MSGs. And who know what the Euro tour has in store?
    to much dilemma in life..i ll order all to find peace in my head 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    i think the only people qualified to answer are the people who attended/listened to every show. otherwise just go with a setlist you like.

I agree. And since all of the Bootlegs aren't out yet, then go with the set list, like you said.
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    MSG II and Boston are the two top shows, of course.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    I think the reason the Cleveland show will be a popular boot bc the performance will translate well in audio form. The setlist that nite flowed very very well....and even though the band's energy is always high...they were on fire....the crowd wasnt that great but you can't really tell on boots anymore anways...sometimes, i think the band feeds off a weak crowd as much as a good crowd...it is that rebellion in them:)
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • otterotter Posts: 760
    Cleveland was great! Leash then Porch : :clap::D

But "thoughts they fade...fade away" I can't wait to hear it again!!

I was on Mike's side and he was Jammin all night! I loved the new ones. It started out GREAT! then Pearl Jam just roccked all night. Good songs loud! The Real Me then Smile! great playlist too...all the studio versions..

No Riot Act?!?!

Hail, Hail and Got Some are my favorite Pearl Jam songs. Life Wasted = Shred. Then Indifferance then goodbuy...

2010 summer has just begun maybe they add a leg??? :o
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • davidosdavidos Posts: 480
    I went to Hartford, Newark and MSG 1...

Hartford was the best... by far... band was in a great mood... no indecision on setlist... one of the best shows I've ever seen by them. Newark they were changing the setlist and Ed was storming around pissed, etc... MSG 1 was good but not like Hartford...
  • RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
    Newark or boston. I went to newark, not boston. One or two of the midwest shows are ok. If you are going to buy an msg show. I would go with show 1. Beside thr few rare songs in msg2, the show sucked. This is my opinion. I went to virgina, both msgs, newark, and hartford. My favorite show was newark. Boston looks good also. I thought virgina sucked, hartford sucked, msg 1 was okay, and msg 2 sucked. However, i still had fun at the shows bc i was drunk. I think next time i am only going to like 2 shows. It is not worth it bc the band is becoming very predictable.
  • just downloaded columbus. quality is not great, but not horrible. Sounds a little like the '08 boots. Set list is great though.
  • Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    RC153010 wrote:
    Newark or boston. I went to newark, not boston. One or two of the midwest shows are ok. If you are going to buy an msg show. I would go with show 1. Beside thr few rare songs in msg2, the show sucked. This is my opinion. I went to virgina, both msgs, newark, and hartford. My favorite show was newark. Boston looks good also. I thought virgina sucked, hartford sucked, msg 1 was okay, and msg 2 sucked. However, i still had fun at the shows bc i was drunk. I think next time i am only going to like 2 shows. It is not worth it bc the band is becoming very predictable.
    Or maybe they sucked because you were drunk. I never got why people have to get drunk in order to enjoy something. What does that say?
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
    I dont understand why people have to blow weed smoke all over me to hide it from security. Last time I checked the law, weed is illegal and booze is not. And I get so drunk but somehow i know all the songs and the people around me are like what song is this LOL
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,099
    RC153010 wrote:
    I dont understand why people have to blow weed smoke all over me to hide it from security. Last time I checked the law, weed is illegal and booze is not. And I get so drunk but somehow i know all the songs and the people around me are like what song is this LOL
    Having been high as hell rocking out to Pearl Jam and singing along with the songs - which I DO know their names - I can tell you it's a much more fun impairment than alcohol. And you say weed is illegal and booze is not... when you look at the fatalities with either of those as a cause, answer me who in their right mind decides that weed should be illegal, and alcohol legal.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Nitsua87Nitsua87 Posts: 95
    I was at Boston, Newark, MSG 1 and 2 and will definately buy the boots for all of the shows. It's been said before, but MSG 2 was beyond awesome. Any PJ collector who misses this bootleg should be forced to listen to Creed for the rest of eternity.
  • Boston and MSG 2!
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10
  • PA JammerPA Jammer Posts: 340
    Indy & Newark!! :D
    Tom- Tamaqua PA

"What could be better than a beer with Eddie Vedder"
  • St. Louis boot is really good.
    otter wrote:
    Cleveland was great! Leash then Porch : :clap::D

But "thoughts they fade...fade away" I can't wait to hear it again!!

I was on Mike's side and he was Jammin all night! I loved the new ones. It started out GREAT! then Pearl Jam just roccked all night. Good songs loud! The Real Me then Smile! great playlist too...all the studio versions..

No Riot Act?!?!

Hail, Hail and Got Some are my favorite Pearl Jam songs. Life Wasted = Shred. Then Indifferance then goodbuy...

2010 summer has just begun maybe they add a leg??? :o

O yea best Who song to cover too
    benjs wrote:
    RC153010 wrote:
    Having been high as hell rocking out to Pearl Jam and singing along with the songs - which I DO know their names - I can tell you it's a much more fun impairment than alcohol. And you say weed is illegal and booze is not... when you look at the fatalities with either of those as a cause, answer me who in their right mind decides that weed should be illegal, and alcohol legal.

It's legal in LA
    boot just arived! Sweet!