Options

Bonnaroo 2008?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    londonwpr wrote:
    I have a strong suspicion that Pearl Jam does nothing this year besides maybe a bit of election stuff. I'd be surprised if they play Bonnaroo...
    noooo we need positive vibes!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    another rumour off inforooster - cross your fingers, but again, no gaurantees (this is almost too good to be true, and probably another "leaked" list from superfly - i still think they enjoy doing this)

Pearl Jam, Neil Young, Dave Matthews and Friends, Beastie Boys, Allman Brothers Band, Daft Punk, Queens of the Stoneage, Phil Lesh and Friends
    Oysterhead, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, B.B. King, Steely Dan, Jack Johnson
    Modest Mouse, Willie Nelson, Ani Difranco, Death Cab for Cutie, My Morning Jacket, Portishead, Mars Volta, Iron and Wine, Dr. John
    Robert Randolf and the Family Band, Yonder Mountain String Band
    Ziggy & Damien Marley, moe., Galactic, Ween, Leftover Salmon, North Mississippi Allstars, Matisyahu, Polyphonic Spree, ALO, John Butler Trio, Joss Stone, Umphrey's McGee, Black Keys, Medeski, Scofield, Martin, and Wood
    STS9, Particle, Lotus, Disco Biscuits, The Slip, Son Volt, Avett Brothers, RJD2
    Gomez, The Streets, Blind Melon, C2B3, O.A.R., Mute Math, Secret Machines
    Tortise, Brazillian Girls, Hot Buttered Rum, Xavier Rudd, Ekoostik Hookah, Raq
    Infected Mushroom, Drive By Truckers, Steel Pulse, Railroad Earth, Hot Chip
    Perpetual Groove, The Lee Boys, The Whigs, 22-20's, DJ Logic, Sasha, Balkan Beat Box, Girl Talk

again, like i said, this was on the inforooster board a day or two ago and is very likely nowhere near accurate especially since there are so many repeats from last years lineup, plus not all of these acts apparently have the schdule to fit the dates. we will see soon (im hearing february 6th)

dont let the waiting drive you too mad

I'll not be surprised to see the line-up include some about 40% of those bands, including PJ.

Is Neil even available for June in the States?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    The Lineup is supposedly supposed to be announced next Wednesday (Feb. 6th). I believe Mr. Ament, I think PJ will play the Roo. I'll be getting tickets as soon as they go on sale.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • Options
    I hope they will FINALLY play the roo'
    its been speculaed since atleast 06'
    Its about time they grace TN with their presence.
    :)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Fingers crossed on this one. Hope for TN and some Vote for Change on the East Coast. Maybe with all the stuff in the news another WM3 show too.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    or atleast a outdoors show in KY, OH area
  • Options
    CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    Alot of people on the bonnaroo message boards think that PJ will be playing this year. I hope they are correct.
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • Options
    Would the mods have left this thread in this forum for so long if it wasnt true?

I'd think if PJ have nothing to do with Bonnaroo this year, this would have been in "other music" by now.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • Options
    londonwprlondonwpr Posts: 293
    The Lineup is supposedly supposed to be announced next Wednesday (Feb. 6th). I believe Mr. Ament, I think PJ will play the Roo. I'll be getting tickets as soon as they go on sale.

I believed Ed in 2003 when he told the crowd at Alpine they'd be back the following year. We're still waiting on that...

I hope they play Bonnaroo, but one thing I learned on this board is 95% of what you read in terms of 'rumors' is total crap!
    7/8/95, 6/26/98, 6/27/98, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 8/20/00, 8/21/00, 10/8/00, 10/21/00, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 6/24/03, 10/3/04, 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/20/06, 6/24/06, 6/30/06
  • Options
    londonwpr wrote:
    I believed Ed in 2003 when he told the crowd at Alpine they'd be back the following year. We're still waiting on that...

I hope they play Bonnaroo, but one thing I learned on this board is 95% of what you read in terms of 'rumors' is total crap!
    that was ED. big liar, jeff we can trust 100 percent! ;)
    c'mon, we need some positivity! :)
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    There was the lolla rumor last year and by god we got that!!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Oxxys wrote:
    i know!
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    Oxxys wrote:

as well as a bonaroo rumor....sorry had to say it, BUT I HOPE WE GET ROOOO!!!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    bird jambird jam Posts: 107
    I know whether Pearl Jam is playing Bonnaroo this year. ;-)
    Liberace was great on the piano but he sucked on the organ.
  • Options
    CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    bird jam wrote:

and do you intend to let us know?
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    there was anothe setlist exactly like that except it had rem instead of neil young. personally i'd rather see neil play. The superjam for this year could have epic preportions. It's going to be my first year going and i'm really hoping to see pearl jam and neil young there. can't wait to see the lineup.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,554
    pjfan020 wrote:
    there was anothe setlist exactly like that except it had rem instead of neil young. personally i'd rather see neil play. The superjam for this year could have epic preportions. It's going to be my first year going and i'm really hoping to see pearl jam and neil young there. can't wait to see the lineup.

The idiots in a city called Bergen here in Norway recently denied Neil Young to play the town in favour of REM. Reportedly, Neil really wanted to play there.

How about that..... Should be a crime!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    I just tried to log into the Bonnaroo 2008 site and it's down, hmmmm doing some updating maybe?
    I need basic info, like how much is a VIP ticket and when can you get into camp. Do they open on Wed? Any one go last year and have advice for a newbie?

They people I plan on going with (only if the lineup is worth the trip) went last year and loved it. So I know lots of water, keep daytime drinking to a minimum, have wipes and keep an open mind. I was also wondering if any one did VIP and what the food was like.
    Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    The Bonnaroo website is down this morning...interesting....

could they be making some kind of updates on there :)

http://www.bonnaroo.com/
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    well I got this reply to my debit card question (I added at the bottom of the email: ps. go on... ya know you want to tell me the line up and when the tickets go on sale :D )

'Thanks for your interest and dedication to Bonnaroo! We accept all major credit (not debit) cards. Unfortunately we can not release the date of our lineup and ticket sale announcement. Please hang tight and stay tuned to the website in the following week for more information. Best,Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival'
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Hmm... it's kinda looking like I'm out.

This would probably wipe me financially and I can't afford to do that since I'm gonna have to do a LOT of travelling this year. Strangely enough I feel ok about it though... it would be absolutely fantastic but who's up for a camping trip close to the summer in the south of England somewhere anyway?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    LukinFan wrote:
    The Bonnaroo website is down this morning...interesting....

could they be making some kind of updates on there :)

http://www.bonnaroo.com/

Looks to be back up now, but I don't notice anything new.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    Flagg wrote:
    Looks to be back up now, but I don't notice anything new.

i dont see anything new either...

edit: looks like the411 section may have changed a little??
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,327
    bird jam wrote:
    did anyone PM this person yet?
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    did anyone PM this person yet?

Search bird jam's previous posts. The person is on record for the past few weeks claiming to have confirmation of Bonnaroo acts.

The thing you don't get is how or why this person is so sure.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I just tried to log into the Bonnaroo 2008 site and it's down, hmmmm doing some updating maybe?
    I need basic info, like how much is a VIP ticket and when can you get into camp. Do they open on Wed? Any one go last year and have advice for a newbie?

They people I plan on going with (only if the lineup is worth the trip) went last year and loved it. So I know lots of water, keep daytime drinking to a minimum, have wipes and keep an open mind. I was also wondering if any one did VIP and what the food was like.
    Thanks in advance!

Check out this board, there is lots of info there.
    http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi

-In the past, VIP tickets have been sold in pairs only 1200.00 +fees.
    -As for arriving Wed night, I've heard that they might let you in and if they do, you will be very far away from the main area.
    -the VIP food isn't anything great and the other food vendors serve the usual festival food.

Something amusing: :)
    10 WAYS TO PREPARE FOR BONNAROO 2008
    1. Develop a good allover tan.
    2. Spend hours sitting or standing in the middle of your yard, in the sun (you can work on #1 at the same time).
    3. Practice sleeping with the stereo on.
    4. Walk around in public wearing as little clothing as possible.
    5. Walk at least 10 miles a day, preferably while intoxicated.
    6. Get a large ziplock bag and fill it with drugs; my personal favorites include Rolaids, Extra Strength Tylenol, Pepsin AC, and Imodium AD.
    7. Buy a case of baby powder.
    8. Buy a case of suntan lotion, SPF 50 or higher.
    9. Observe the movements of the Sun, so that you will be able to predict where the shade will be in relation to the stages.
    10. Practice bathing outside, using a water faucet. Encourage your neighbors to watch.
  • Options
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Search bird jam's previous posts. The person is on record for the past few weeks claiming to have confirmation of Bonnaroo acts.

The thing you don't get is how or why this person is so sure.

I hate this shit! GRRRRR..............

guess we'll have to wait...
  • Options
    Next week seems sooooo far away. I need to keep myself busy. Maybe a few DVDs of the band this weekend and a bottle of gin?! That will make the time go by faster...oh, and some extra side jobs for more $$ to travel for the boys. For next year at least!
  • Options
    See the last sentence - Bonnaroo always announces it's line-up within the first few weeks of Feb :)

http://billboard.blogs.com/jadedinsider/2008/01/bringing-back-t.html

Bringing Back The Jam

While J.I. was watching his beloved Cleveland Cavaliers get obliterated tonight by the Seattle Supersonics (hey, no Lebron though), we took some solace in a quick on-air interview with Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament, who revealed that the band was about to regroup after a six months-plus hiatus.

"We're gonna get together here in a couple of weeks and try and write some stuff," said Ament, who also weighed in on the talents of star Sonics rookie Kevin Durant ("he's fast ... and long") and the quality of the snow in the Pacific Northwest of late ("probably the best in 10 years," he claimed).

Beyond the upcoming writing session, J.I. is in the know that Pearl Jam is going to play some shows before too long. One appearance may even be ready to announce as early as next week.
  • Options
    seren327 wrote:
    See the last sentence - Bonnaroo always announces it's line-up within the first few weeks of Feb :)

http://billboard.blogs.com/jadedinsider/2008/01/bringing-back-t.html

Bringing Back The Jam

While J.I. was watching his beloved Cleveland Cavaliers get obliterated tonight by the Seattle Supersonics (hey, no Lebron though), we took some solace in a quick on-air interview with Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament, who revealed that the band was about to regroup after a six months-plus hiatus.

"We're gonna get together here in a couple of weeks and try and write some stuff," said Ament, who also weighed in on the talents of star Sonics rookie Kevin Durant ("he's fast ... and long") and the quality of the snow in the Pacific Northwest of late ("probably the best in 10 years," he claimed).

Beyond the upcoming writing session, J.I. is in the know that Pearl Jam is going to play some shows before too long. One appearance may even be ready to announce as early as next week.

alas! all the pieces are starting to fall into place...
    i hope.