Options

Bonnaroo 2008?

Comments

• Options
    HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    Anyone know of the costs for tickets to the festival?
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • Options
    Any motels near the site in Manchester?
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • Options
    This is a bummer. Coachella is way easier for me to do. Maybe they'll do both.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    InThinAir wrote:
    Don't underestimate Bonnaroo as some typical festival. I've gone for the last two years and have never seen a congregation of great crowds, great performances, and great activities like Bonnaroo. When I saw Radiohead there in 2006 they played their longest set ever (Headliners technically get 4 hour slots) and still plan on releasing the show on DVD. Not to mention that a lot of PJ's buddies are regulars (My Morning Jacket and Kings of Leon especially). I believe the guy who had Jeff in his class and am feeling really good about the chances of PJ playing this year and it being one of their best shows ever. There is a lot of potential for them to do all kinds of cool stuff throughout the weekend like acoustic sets, a solo Eddie set, and plenty of opportunity for guest slots. All of this and if this happens to be their only show in the South then they'll give those Southern PJ fans what they've been asking for all this time. Mark my words if PJ plays it will be epic...

I agree. I went to Roo last year and it was by far the best festival I've ever been too. I'm just not gonna get overly excited if PJ are there. I love PJ as much as the next fan, but I wanna go to Roo again to experience new bands. On the other hand if PJ are there I'd love to see Ed, Mike or Matt play in the superjam or something. Highly doubtful, but maybe they'll show up elseware.

It's a camping festival. There are some hotels, but very few.

To the guy asking about price - it's about $200 for the 4 days. I don't recall them selling single day passes.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    Everything in Manchester and really close by is already booked up for the weekend- I got a hotel just for Sunday night before the drive back in a town about 20 miles out. If you're going to get a hotel, do it now before PJ and everyone else is announced
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I agree. I went to Roo last year and it was by far the best festival I've ever been too. I'm just not gonna get overly excited if PJ are there. I love PJ as much as the next fan, but I wanna go to Roo again to experience new bands. On the other hand if PJ are there I'd love to see Ed, Mike or Matt play in the superjam or something. Highly doubtful, but maybe they'll show up elseware.

It's a camping festival. There are some hotels, but very few.

To the guy asking about price - it's about $200 for the 4 days. I don't recall them selling single day passes.

i think they had tickets called day passes, where essentially you just drove in every day instead of camping.
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,215
    There is also going to be a Coachella East in NJ in august. So hopefully they will either play that or the Vineland festival in NJ, which is put together by the same people who do Lolla.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    scottbirdscottbird Posts: 132
    Thats so annoying that those companies are planning competing festivals on the same weekend in the same state, Honestly why would you do that other than to try and take business away from the other fest. Im from New York and I think i would be great to have a new festival for east coast fans to attend but they are going to end up alienating customers. We already have tough choices of what bands we choose to see at the fest due to lineup conflicts, now were gonna have a whole fest to conflict with another, makes a lot of sense. On a side note I think the Vineland fest will be the better of the 2 due to camping and late night sets, its all about late night as any Bonnaroo fan will tell you.
  • Options
    scottbird wrote:
    Thats so annoying that those companies are planning competing festivals on the same weekend in the same state, Honestly why would you do that other than to try and take business away from the other fest. Im from New York and I think i would be great to have a new festival for east coast fans to attend but they are going to end up alienating customers. We already have tough choices of what bands we choose to see at the fest do to lineup conflicts, now were gonna have a whole fest to conflict with another, makes a lot of sense. On a side note I think the Vineland fest will be the better of the 2 due to camping and late night sets, its all about late night as any Bonnaroo fan will tell you.

well, from what I have read there will be three festivals that weekend...vineland, coachella east, and the virgin fest in baltimore (?)...and it seems that vineland has been running into some opposition from the locals, and with the reports that coachella east has signed radiohead and jack johnson they may have already taken the lead in that regard (there is supposed to be an announcement of sorts to go along with the coachella linuep this afternoon)...it sure will be a busy summer either way, not to mention lollapalooza is the weekend before

pj or not I will be driving down for bonnaroo yet again...hands down the best festival experience in the US...and yes the late nights are killer...some of the best sets in recent years have started past midnight...flaming lips...my morning jacket...the mars volta
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    When would I need to get tickets by? in the next couple of weeks, the next couple months?
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • Options
    HushBull wrote:
    When would I need to get tickets by? in the next couple of weeks, the next couple months?

well, the sooner you get your ticket the cheaper it will be...first price tier usually sells out in the first few minutes, the second takes a month or so, and so on

and it looks like we have a new design and layout for the bonnaroo website...Sweet!...lineup and tickets shouldn't be far behind

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    WHAT THE FLOWIN DEVIL????!!!!! THE BOYS ARE PLAYING COACHELLA??????!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???!!!!!! :eek: HOLY FREAKIN McCREADY.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    SENROCK! wrote:
    WHAT THE FLOWIN DEVIL????!!!!! THE BOYS ARE PLAYING COACHELLA??????!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???!!!!!! :eek: HOLY FREAKIN McCREADY.
    WTF are you on about?
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    WHAT THE FLOWIN DEVIL????!!!!! THE BOYS ARE PLAYING BONNAROO??????!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???!!!!!! :eek: HOLY FREAKIN McCREADY.

fixed ;)

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    are they?
    shit! we need a confirmation on Bonnaroo..I can't do both (even if I had the money, I might end up having problems with Visas..)

KAT? SEA? please..:(

not to mention u dont like "U.S" shows!!! :)

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    not to mention u dont like "U.S" shows!!! :)
    I don't but I take what I can..
    ..but you're not funny...
  • Options
    plus the coachella lineup is out...Jack Johnson...Portishead...Roger Waters

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    scottbirdscottbird Posts: 132
    Well looks like no PJ at Coachella, but this thread was about the roo anyway.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    I don't but I take what I can..
    ..but you're not funny...

im not laughing! ive seen u say that ALOT about shows out here so i was just mentioning it. I mean, it would HELP if you liked these shows cuz we all are there TOGETHER ya know? i welcome you as a fellow pearl jam fan!!!! :D

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    im not laughing! ive seen u say that ALOT about shows out here so i was just mentioning it. I mean, it would HELP if you liked these shows cuz we all are there TOGETHER ya know? i welcome you as a fellow pearl jam fan!!!! :D
    I meant you're not funny making false announcement posts..

and I'll stand by the fact that Euro shows have a better atmosphere..that said Bonnarro seems more akin to a proper festival..
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    I meant you're not funny making false announcement posts..

and I'll stand by the fact that Euro shows have a better atmosphere..that said Bonnarro seems more akin to a proper festival..

first of all, i would NEVER make a false post so um... and secondly, i was READING a thread that mentioned coachella then saw this one and i exxxpressed my shock. chill out man its all good!!! we'll see what they end up announcing anyway....

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    first of all, i would NEVER make a false post so um... and secondly, i was READING a thread that mentioned coachella then saw this one and i exxxpressed my shock. chill out man its all good!!! we'll see what they end up announcing anyway....
    your post makes it like they ARE playing Coachella, posted at the exact time the line-up is due to be announced (and they're not in the announcement).
    if that not false post I don't know what is..

and it's not 'man' ;)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    When is lineup officially announced? Sometime in early Feb?
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,550
    scottbird wrote:

Hmm, same hill and treeline as in last years poster. Do you think they will use the same poster for this year? It is an awsome poster, but would kinda suck if they did.
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    When is lineup officially announced? Sometime in early Feb?
    Their site says late January-Early February. I'm predicting we'll get the PJ announcement on 2-1
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    LukinFan wrote:
    Their site says late January-Early February. I'm predicting we'll get the PJ announcement on 2-1

Can't happen soon enough, if you know what I mean.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Can't happen soon enough, if you know what I mean.

Oh, I do :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Everything in Manchester and really close by is already booked up for the weekend- I got a hotel just for Sunday night before the drive back in a town about 20 miles out. If you're going to get a hotel, do it now before PJ and everyone else is announced

I took your advice and tried to book a hotel and you're right about every place being booked up already.
  • Options
    daughter68 wrote:
    I took your advice and tried to book a hotel and you're right about every place being booked up already.
    There are a few towns 15-30 miles out that still have rooms, but book it NOW before they announce the line-up
    www.RLMcDaniel.com