holy GUATEMALA... volcano, hurricane, and GIANT SINK HOLE?!

2»

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    To put it in perspective, if the Statue of Liberty was in it, you wouldn't see it :shock: :? [/color]
    How tall is the Statue of Liberty? The Statue is 305ft. 1in. from the ground to the tip of the flame. It is the equivalent height of a 22-story building. In 1886, it was the tallest structure in New York.

that's insane.
    good luck filling it up.
    that thing may always be working its way into making a hole no matter how it's filled.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    that is a beautiful looking hole dont you think???
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    Hey that looks exactly like a hole near...... wait a sec. ;)

I´m afraid I live in this city.

Someone I know, is a friend of the owner of the 3 story building that went down that hole. Nobody was there a the time, as it was a small factory with over 40 workers. And it all happened at night, it seems. So, although he lost everything (over 180,000 dollars), I must say I consider him lucky. He and his workers are alive.

Just as the other hole, someone posted early on this thread, this is all the city hall´s fault. The sewers was the problem. In 2007 several people were killed by the deep in the hole. The same case. It seems that sewers of around the area coincide in the same spot. Bad infrastructure that collapsed after a heavy rain caused them both.

And right after the first hole, neighbors complained about this situation. Where the second one just happened! And still no one did anything. Two fucking years, and nobody did anything!

The mayor´s office is currently being investigated if they actually had any kind of information that would have implied they permitted this to happen. I would be amazed if they would be found guilty for this.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    force-10 wrote:
    Hey that looks exactly like a hole near...... wait a sec. ;)

I´m afraid I live in this city.

Someone I know, is a friend of the owner of the 3 story building that went down that hole. Nobody was there a the time, as it was a small factory with over 40 workers. And it all happened at night, it seems. So, although he lost everything (over 180,000 dollars), I must say I consider him lucky. He and his workers are alive.

Just as the other hole, someone posted early on this thread, this is all the city hall´s fault. The sewers was the problem. In 2007 several people were killed by the deep in the hole. The same case. It seems that sewers of around the area coincide in the same spot. Bad infrastructure that collapsed after a heavy rain caused them both.

And right after the first hole, neighbors complained about this situation. Where the second one just happened! And still no one did anything. Two fucking years, and nobody did anything!

The mayor´s office is currently being investigated if they actually had any kind of information that would have implied they permitted this to happen. I would be amazed if they would be found guilty for this.
    Yeah my bf has a house there we were thinking of going down there next year but I dno I might end up in Australia if I fall in one of those holes
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Is that Serena Williams's a'hole?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014