Why do people feel the need to throw stuff at Ed??

2»

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,954
    LukinFan wrote:
    Which is worse though - throwing a sign or a shirt up on stage with a song request or for someone to hold up a sign right in front of you, blocking your view through entire song or songs?

Howabout someone who brings two LICENSE PLATES to a show and insists on holding them up every time any of the 5 band members remotely glances in his direction.

I get the idea that you probably have personalized Pearl Jam plates and for some reason you want to share them, but for the love of God... put them away after the first song.

Totally inconsiderate.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Well so much for my plan to throw my puppy at Ed. And she was going to be wearing Victoria's Secret (not clairack bellywarmers) and holding a sign requesting "Leash."
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 973
    PJ5a1 wrote:
    Whoever started this post should just watch concerts on tv drinking warm milk and a cup of sanca OR the person should just take midol cause he or she or it has their period. What a dunce this person is. I HATE PEOPLE LIKE this one.
    People will do what they want when they want and how they want to do it. If you don't like it then fuck off and crawl in a hole.

lol are you fucking with me right now dude? I go fucking nuts at concerts and I've been to hundreds since I was 7 years old. Yes when I was 7 years old I was at the infamous Hartford 98 show. So don't tell me I'm the one who should stay home from the fucking shows, because if it's something that can happen at a concert, I've probably seen it. You're gonna call me a dunce and that you hate "people like me"? Based on what??

Do you even understand why I made this post? I made it because I LOVE PEARL JAM and I LOVE GOING TO PEARL JAM CONCERTS and when people do things like throw their shirts on stage it puts all of us in jeopardy. Anyone who knows the basic history of Pearl Jam knows how much they DISLIKE opening themselves to incidents, and that even though they go through every effort to prevent them, they still happen. If you were up there on stage, would you want shit being thrown at you??? Don't you think that Ed would trust a crowd a little bit more if he didn't think that shit could come flying up at him at any minute??
  • PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
    Jeopardy for what? Throwing a shirt? I can see it now... "stop throwing your shirts and signs on stage or else!!!." if that happened I would laugh and then ask the band to check if their balls are still connected to their body.
    Let me ask you an honest question. When has the band ever mentioned their dislike of people throwing shirts or signs on stage?
    This is just something that irritates you and that means you have a problem. So you should go see a psych so they can help you get over this problem
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • 3legged dog3legged dog Posts: 896
    enough with the air jordan sweat bands too.......... :lol::lol::lol:

dude....i purchased those FOR Ed...it was a gift from one fan to another......so shut it Edith! :lol:

delete your avatar and give me my pic back you fuck!! :mrgreen:
    Eat my ass E.....lol. I know u did, busting ur balls son. I'm sure he loved it and who ever started this thread should stop being a commie running around telling people what to do :lol:
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576

dude....i purchased those FOR Ed...it was a gift from one fan to another......

all right E, I'm calling BS on this post. Do you honestly think Ed is a "fan" of Pearl Jam? Are you a fan of the company or business you work for?

That's what I thought. You were trying to kiss his ass and you know it! :lol:
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    he meant fan of air jordan son :lol:
  • he meant fan of air jordan son :lol:

ummmmm........yeah!!! ERR!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

wtf is Mark sipping on tonight? :lol:
    I got ur back!
  • RiotZact wrote:
    I think he dosn't mind when you hold up signs or shirts with requests but he gets mad when you throw them on the stage, he seemed enraged when two people threw him their shirts in cleveland and he whipped them right back.

while actually what happened was ed motioned to a girl in the 2nd row to throw him her fancy silk scarf and she didn't and 2 guys (not me) threw him up their towels that they brought from their hotel room (because they were jumping around going nuts and sweating) and he threw those back....
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    The fellas dont know whats being thrown and though you may think its harmless or furthering what you think is important in your little fkn life, it sucks for the band as well as the rest of us wanting them to just jam. humans :roll:
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    It makes them feel like there's a chance the band will connect with them. Which..,,I thought that's what they were already doing.
    Great responses in here by the way. Calling out the OP and stuff is good work. Intellect rules once again!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I love how some people think they can decide what's best for the band and that their assumptions put them above everyone else....what a fucking joke! :lol::lol:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    I love how some people think they can decide what's best for the band and that their assumptions put them above everyone else....what a fucking joke! :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited May 2010
    If you haven't you should give this thread a read ;)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=131374

Few good videos to watch too ... including one of when the item was thrown up that shows Ed having fun with it http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 1&comments :P

EDIT: I've been near people that have thrown things ... one person Ed made a point of then throwing them a tambourine in return ... another at the end of the show Mike took his setlist and folded it up with some picks inside and threw it to them so from what I've seen they don't seem totally against it.
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    he meant fan of air jordan son :lol:

ummmmm........yeah!!! ERR!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

wtf is Mark sipping on tonight? :lol:

Duh, I'm a fuckin retard. Sorry dude. I seriously had about 20 beers yesterday. Ask Nate, he was over sharing a few with me.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    chime wrote:
    If you haven't you should give this thread a read ;)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=131374

Few good videos to watch too ... including one of when the item was thrown up that shows Ed having fun with it http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 1&comments :P

EDIT: I've been near people that have thrown things ... one person Ed made a point of then throwing them a tambourine in return ... another at the end of the show Mike took his setlist and folded it up with some picks inside and threw it to them so from what I've seen they don't seem totally against it.
    I don't want anything thrown back at me! Just put on the damn mullet for 3 seconds so someone else can take a picture (can't be arsed bringing a camera to shows anymore) of them being ridiculous looking. And dammit, Ed, if Mike wants to put it on, let him!

:mrgreen:

Might not need to do it at Werchter. It appears Inez and Kinney already know it'll be there, they can just send their tech to borrow it again and leave it on stage for everyone to come after them, on a mic stand or something :)
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!