Habit from spectrum 10-30-09

2»

Comments

• Options
    Habit is pretty cool live.
  • Options
    Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
    UpSideDown wrote:
    Just watched a video of it from youtube to refresh my memory........it almost sounds like its tuned down further, but its alreay supposed to be played in a drop D anyway? Not sure what they may have tweeked on this version.......still sounds good enough to me though.

I'm used to the 2000 versions and I've never heard a version this crunchy and deep before. It's a noticeable enough change that it's hard to tell exactly what they're playing until the vocals come in. It just sounds unsettling to me. I wonder if it was an experiment...
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,826
    Bulldog88 wrote:
    when the song starts eddie is talking about the lights in the spectrum- can someone who was there tell me what was going on at that point? thanks

oh- great version of habit!!! :D

I dont know if this has correctly been answered or not because I didn't feel like reading thru all the posts, sorry. But I was there right next to the stage and Ed must not know the lyrics too well because he had them on the floor in front of him and he had to ask for the light to be turned on. It was a big bright light coming from like behind Matt, and it lit the whole stage and he was able to read the lyrics. He was looking down quite a bit the whole song
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,785
    So i'm now officially confused.

Kille is NOT Kelly Curtis?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Aaron 23Aaron 23 Allen, TX Posts: 543
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YQcbmz9Ids

It sounds like they drop it a step.

A show from 2000 for comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFdBBXBZNSM
  • Options
    jjheel13jjheel13 Durham, NC Posts: 222
    This version of Habit blows. In fact, one thing I've noticed over the course of the Philly bootlegs is how loose the band is. I think the 2010 shows were far superior...
    Bristow 10
    Boston 10
    Moline 14
    Greenville 16
    Hampton 16
    Columbia 16
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206

NO! Why would Kelly Curtis be manning the lighting controls? :lol::lol::lol: That job lies with the lighting director... Kille Knobel... and despite countless people thinking that Kille is a male... SHE is not.

I would also like to reiterate that I will be very disappointed the next time I hear HABIT if Ed doesn't sing it as follows:

*yells* KILLE! Not these these lights! KILLE, these lights! *growls* See it happen to a couple of friends *yells* KILLE! *growls* see it happen and the message it sends *normal voice* thank you *growls* takin' off for what's an obvious fall, just to see what all the fuss is about. GOLD! Makes me laugh. I think it's the "thank you" in between lines that really tips me over the edge :lol::lol::lol:
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,578

Wha? No? Wait! Isn't HE the Frontman's babysitter way back when in Chicago? I thought HE was moonlighting as the lighting guy for some extra cash to help out with the excessive touring addiction.

Then again, I might be wrong.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    pghaspghas Posts: 128
    Aaron 23 wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YQcbmz9Ids

It sounds like they drop it a step.

A show from 2000 for comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFdBBXBZNSM

Correct - they drop it I believe a full step, maybe it's just a half, my ear isn't good enough to tell and I don't feel like getting my axe out right now. Personally I like the old way much better, but I'm sure that the entire band does, too and that's why they don't play it - then again I doubt I would have noticed if someone hadn't pointed it out, I probably like the old way better because he isn't yelling at the lighting guy the whole time. I mean no offense to them or to Ed - I think they sounded better this year at MSG than they ever have, and I mean it (listen to Corduroy from Soldier Field, or even Last Exit, and tell me those songs aren't 100 x better now) - but Ed is 45 years old - and man I hope he does this until he's at least 55 - but that shit cannot be easy to sing. (ie, the reason they dropped it by a step is so it would be easier to sing)
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    SOLAT319 wrote:

Wha? No? Wait! Isn't HE the Frontman's babysitter way back when in Chicago? I thought HE was moonlighting as the lighting guy for some extra cash to help out with the excessive touring addiction.

Then again, I might be wrong.

Ahh crap! I had it all wrong... yes... Kille/Kelly/Keely is all things... babysitter, lighting guy... thanks for enlightening me :lol::lol::lol:

Wait, who's Kelly Curtis? :lol:
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,578
    He and Bierman are the same dude :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Sawyer wrote:
    you cant polish shit, and habit sucks...it sucks bad

Watching Lost is also like being blasted by the aforementioned diarrhea cannon ...
    ;)
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    Don't care what anybody says it sounds awesome! I love how eddie needs the lights turned, and matt tears it up sooooo bad at the end.
  • Options
    jjheel13 wrote:
    This version of Habit blows. In fact, one thing I've noticed over the course of the Philly bootlegs is how loose the band is. I think the 2010 shows were far superior...

They were drunk off their asses and played like shit. Try explaining this to 95% of the board however.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,531
    diarreah canon.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: