Options

Habit from spectrum 10-30-09

Bulldog88Bulldog88 Posts: 380
edited June 2010 in The Porch
when the song starts eddie is talking about the lights in the spectrum- can someone who was there tell me what was going on at that point? thanks

oh- great version of habit!!! :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ElusiveElusive Posts: 203
    I think Ed's just telling Kille to change the lights. He wanted different lighting on stage, I guess and Kille obliged.
    NY 4/17/94, NY 9/28/96,Camden 9/2/00, Philly 4/28/03,Camden 7/5/03, 7/6/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Holmdel 7/14/03, Reading 10/1/04, Camden 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07, Camden 6/19/08, 6/20/08, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, EV solo 8/5/08, 8/7/09,6/11/09,6/12/09, Chicago 8/24/09, Philly 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, Newark 5/18/10, MSG 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, EV Solo 6/21/11, 6/22/2016, PJ20, Brooklyn 10/18/13, 10/19/13, Philly 10/21/13, 10/22/13, Philly 4/28/2016, NYC
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    first time i heard habit live... great!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    i dont have the boots so i am not 100%, but from being there i do remember him talking about how in the afternoon the light from outside shines down thru the concourse and pours into the arena, creating a "god like" effect. could this be what you are talking about?

then again i may be thinking of the wrong show all together
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I cant really remember from the show, but my guess is he needed lights on his lyrics boardS? Since Habit is rarely played... I'm guessing he needed those specific lights on so he could see the words a bit better.
  • Options
    Dipshit1982Dipshit1982 Posts: 109
    jets521 wrote:
    i dont have the boots so i am not 100%, but from being there i do remember him talking about how in the afternoon the light from outside shines down thru the concourse and pours into the arena, creating a "god like" effect. could this be what you are talking about?

then again i may be thinking of the wrong show all together

That was from the 10/28 show.
  • Options
    Evacuation RulesEvacuation Rules Posts: 2,162
    Something isn't right about the Philly "Habit". It sounds like the band is blasting the crowd with a diarreah canon. They must be tuned really low or something because it doesn't sound anything like the versions from 2000.
  • Options
    Something isn't right about the Philly "Habit". It sounds like the band is blasting the crowd with a diarreah canon. They must be tuned really low or something because it doesn't sound anything like the versions from 2000.

I'm curious if you were at any of the spectrum shows???
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762

Do you just got from thread to thread and shit on Philly shows? What's your deal? Give it a rest.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,683

Do you just got from thread to thread and shit on Philly shows? What's your deal? Give it a rest.

you gotta admire a man who is firm in his convictions!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,981
    Elusive wrote:
    I think Ed's just telling Kille to change the lights. He wanted different lighting on stage, I guess and Kille obliged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YQcbmz9Ids

I've seen many live video bootlegs of Habit and each time the band was one there was no light on stage. The only light they had on was the one beaming behind Matt that would shine on the back's of the band during the whole song.
    drsluggo wrote:
    I cant really remember from the show, but my guess is he needed lights on his lyrics boardS? Since Habit is rarely played... I'm guessing he needed those specific lights on so he could see the words a bit better.

My thought's exactly!
  • Options

It's a serious question, ass munch. They must have played it in a different key or something because it sounds strange.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217

It's a serious question, ass munch. They must have played it in a different key or something because it sounds strange.

But you didn't ask a question? plus you said "it sounds like the band is blasting the crowed with a diarreah canon." that is considered "shitting" on it.
  • Options
    Calm down, girls. I wasn't dissing Philly. I'm just wondering what the deal is with "Habit". Something isn't right and I can't put my finger on it. It sounds like it's in a much lower key or something. Does anybody know?
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    you cant polish shit, and habit sucks...it sucks bad
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    imalive wrote:

you gotta admire a man who is firm in his convictions!
    i think troll would be the word meant for evacuation rules not man. he does have a cool name that much i'll give him.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Only here could you ask a question about a song and get accused of being a troll.
  • Options
    Only here could you ask a question about a song and get accused of being a troll.

You still never asked a question
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,601

I think the rest of us are the ones being blasted with the diarrhea canon for having to read your posts the last few days.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs wrote:

I think the rest of us are the ones being blasted with the diarrhea canon for having to read your posts the last few days.

nice
  • Options
    The more I read about the Philly shows, the more ridiculous it gets. Ever since the boots came out everyone is analyzing everything. Did the keys sound right, was the sound off, blah, blah, blah. Dude, I was at the 10/30 and 10/31 shows. I don't know what all the analyzation is about, but the bottom line is the shows were sick. The 10/30 show was my favorite show I have seen. The crowd was insane and they were playing their hearts out up on stage. I guess I didn't really have time to judge if a note or lyric or two were off while I was at the show, but they sounded pretty fucking good to me. I will leave all the judgements about the best shows of all time to other people and just enjoy my memories of being there at the venue.

Rating shows is getting ridiculous. I was the Hartford show a few weeks ago, and even though they didn't play Lost Dogs in it entirety, I will say that I enjoyed the show and the crowd was nuts that night. But if you weren't there, all you see is a setlist and say oh a greatest hits show, must have sucked.
  • Options
    GL88154GL88154 Posts: 46
    24 shows under my belt including the 03 MSG shows and Hawaii in 06. Philly on 10/30 was the best PJ show I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,785
    Elusive wrote:

I thought whenever he said "kee-ley", he was talking to Kelly Curtis?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    ElusiveElusive Posts: 203
    Elusive wrote:

Nope. When he says Kille.....he's talking to/yelling at Kille to change the lights.
    NY 4/17/94, NY 9/28/96,Camden 9/2/00, Philly 4/28/03,Camden 7/5/03, 7/6/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Holmdel 7/14/03, Reading 10/1/04, Camden 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07, Camden 6/19/08, 6/20/08, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, EV solo 8/5/08, 8/7/09,6/11/09,6/12/09, Chicago 8/24/09, Philly 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, Newark 5/18/10, MSG 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, EV Solo 6/21/11, 6/22/2016, PJ20, Brooklyn 10/18/13, 10/19/13, Philly 10/21/13, 10/22/13, Philly 4/28/2016, NYC
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Elusive wrote:
    Elusive wrote:

Nope. When he says Kille.....he's talking to/yelling at Kille to change the lights.

Yup... poor Kille... a common thread through all the Philly boots is Ed yelling to/at Kille... it is also something I find endlessly amusing about them :lol: Habit is my favourite... closely followed by Porch from Philly 2. I'm collating a list :lol::lol::lol:
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,578
    Tone wrote:

Yup... poor Kille... a common thread through all the Philly boots is Ed yelling to/at Kille... it is also something I find endlessly amusing about them :lol: Habit is my favourite... closely followed by Porch from Philly 2. I'm collating a list :lol::lol::lol:

Kille is famous for all the right reasons. Kille likes pancakes.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Tone wrote:

Kille is famous for all the right reasons. Kille likes pancakes.

Yes! KILLE! WHERE ARE MY PANCAKES!? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol:
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Just watched a video of it from youtube to refresh my memory........it almost sounds like its tuned down further, but its alreay supposed to be played in a drop D anyway? Not sure what they may have tweeked on this version.......still sounds good enough to me though.
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    Here's the deal...having not played Habit in ages, he had the lyrics down by his monitors. the lights for his lyric sheet weren't coming on, so that's what he's calling for. they come on, he thanks her.
    and I'll take this version of Habit any day! Philly fucking ruled. I don't know what the fuck that person was whining about.
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    i love habit, cant wait to get them boots into europe
  • Options
    Bulldog88Bulldog88 Posts: 380
    Thanks for all the responses - appreciate it. I really enjoyed this version of habit- first time I heard it live :D