Options

Cancer

13»

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    unsung, I am so very sorry about your father. I not only relate on the loss but on the stepmother front (two weeks before dying, he "signed" a revision to his will, essentially changing my sister and I collectively receiving half to 1/16 each of everything he worked for).

I hope you can get it sorted out without too much pain in the process. Grief coupled with anger, not good for the soul.

Wishing you well, and hope you do check in from time to time as I've appreciated your input here.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,802
    Good thoughts going out for you, unsung. It's hard enough to lose a loved one but to have to battle someone over the aftermath. Your advice is well taken. I'm very fortunate to have family who work together to sort these things out.

After spending some time with him recently, I'm guessing I'm not too far away from losing my own father. That will be a major emotional hurdle considering what he and I have been through. I'm just glad we have the legal details pretty much in order. It's a good idea to get that sort of thing in order as much as possible ahead of time. At my age even, I have to start looking at my own affairs that way.

Thanks for putting out your honest thoughts. Lots of support for you here.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,190
    im so sorry for your loss Unsung. i am even sorrier about what you are having to go through with the family. it is never easy when parties are fighting over the same things and one of them is being selfish about it. i hope that it all works out smoothly and that happiness and good fortune will find you.

i miss your posts here. i take months off at a time because sometimes life gets in the way, and sometimes i just don't feel like talking to people online.

your advice is well received. my g/f had some gi issues going on starting about 9 months back. they tried to give her pills but she was allergic to them. she demanded an endoscopy and got one relatively quickly. it came back negative for cancer but it took them 5 months to make a correct diagnosis.

take care and hope to see you around here whenever you are ready.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    My thoughts are with you unsung. Miss your input.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG