MAN FUCK CORRIN TUCKER!!!!!

realmgeorgerealmgeorge Posts: 301
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Just heard fortunate son from Boston 03...... motherfucker she sucks..... so bad in fact, I posted this while driving... sorry oprah.
and love, what a different life had I not had this love with you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Soulfire42Soulfire42 Posts: 404
    Amen
  • yeah she's pretty bad.

i liked Sleater Kinney;s last album though. but man, she is really awful
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    MAN FUCK CORRIN TUCKER!!!!!

Just heard fortunate son from Boston 03...... motherfucker she sucks..... so bad in fact, I posted this while driving... sorry oprah.

Yet another example of why Kat is forced to lock threads. I'm sure there was a much more respectful and gracious way to broadcast your opinion.
  • MAN FUCK CORRIN TUCKER!!!!!

Yet another example of why Kat is forced to lock threads. I'm sure there was a much more respectful and gracious way to broadcast your opinion.

Actually, this is exactly the way this topic needs to be addressed. She was fucking awful. I shudder to think about that performance.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966

I agree with the OP's thoughts on this version of Fortunate Son.......but I'll back you up on this. IBTL.
  • rb115565rb115565 Posts: 222
    Yeah it was pretty bad, The best thing to do is just not listen to it.
    5/30/03 9/2/05 9/4/05 9/5/05 7/22/06 7/23/06 9/21/09 9/22/09 9/21/11 9/22/11
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Yeah well she thinks you suck too! What an offensive waste of forum space. Moron!
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • jamingjamersjamingjamers Posts: 383
    veddertown wrote:
    Yeah well she thinks you suck too! What an offensive waste of forum space. Moron!

dont call him a moron you fucking bully
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    man what i wouldn't give to see corrin post on here and bash the OP. that be amazing.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    veddertown wrote:
    dont put your level down..one word for negativity...IGNORE
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Man fuck Corrin Tucker! You read the thread to see what heinous crime she has commited and it's nothing more than singing on stage because Ed invited her to. I don't think much of her voice either but filling a forum with stuff like this is unacceptable and just leads to others doing the same. Sorry if calling someone a moron is offensive too but this is an all ages forum and it hardly makes a good impression. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a peace loving guy like most people here but this kind of thread really annoys me and I'm sure you can find a forum elsewhere where it's ok to insult perfectly innocent people but I didn't think that was the norm on here. :(
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    somebody lock this one
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    morning old son i take it this corrin person has annoyed you just looked her up god shes ugly . :lol::lol:
    how are you by the way :?:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    redeye wrote:
    somebody lock this one
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    guypjfreak wrote:
    morning old son i take it this corrin person has annoyed you just looked her up god shes ugly . :lol::lol:

What the heck, man? :| Even if that's meant as a joke.. What the heck?
    redeye wrote:
    somebody lock this one
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    eMMI wrote:
    guypjfreak wrote:

redeye wrote:
    somebody lock this one
    opps no a fence old son ;)
  • PushinPaintPushinPaint Posts: 433
    If you guys haven't heard Golden State with Ed and Corin (the 5 track single version - I bought at Easy Street), then you are missing out. She sounds awesome on that track. She definitely can sing - just has different styles. Great song, that Golden State single.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,351
    If you guys haven't heard Golden State with Ed and Corin (the 5 track single version - I bought at Easy Street), then you are missing out. She sounds awesome on that track. She definitely can sing - just has different styles. Great song, that Golden State single.

True! She might of butchered a few Pearl Jam tracks on stage but I really love that Golden State track. Plus I really enjoyed back in '05 when she covered Mother with the member's of Pearl Jam.
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    she has an awesome voice - had the pleasure of seeing sleater-kinney at big day out right before they parted ways. however her voice is definitely suited to her own song writing style. and she's a beautiful lady. you kids couldn't play nice if your lives depended on it!
  • DPrival78DPrival78 Posts: 2,263

absolutely. that version completely blows away the xmas single version, which was just a demo.

corin's great!
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065

You got to be kidding me with a post like this.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    guypjfreak wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    guypjfreak wrote:

I truly don't understand why abuse is ok to some people.

Calling someone a moron is abusive, calling someone ugly is abusive adn as for the OP I am stunned someone has the need to be so vile.

Aw it's just a joke doesn't cut it. Abuse is abuse and I see far too much of it on posts here.

The words we use are energy. They go out into the world.

Perhaps consider what you choose to put out,either verbally or by message.

Emily Dickinson says it far better than I....

A word is dead
    When it is said,
    Some say.

I say it just
    Begins to live
    That day.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • MANKINDMANKIND Posts: 218
    sleater-kinney was the worst band ive ever seen
    Va Beach 08-03-00, Pittsburgh 04-28-03, State College 05-03-03, Hershey 07-12-03, Boston 09-29-04, Reading 10-01-04, Philly 10-03-05, Camden 05-27-06, Pittsburgh 06-23-06, Va Beach 06-17-08, Philly 10-30-09, Philly 10-31-09, Bristow 05-13-10
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813

capacity.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,988
    Put your fukcin phone down and drive, you asshole.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I think some people just can't wrap themselves around the fact that there are women artists who rock hard. If you dislike Corinn Tucker, but deny the fact that you have a problem with women who rock, in general, then list some womens' bands that you like. I can't think of any male band that has been involved with Pearl Jam/opened for them, that has attracted the level of vitriol directed at Sleater-Kinney.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,665

Once you've heard Eliza-Jane Barnes sing Golden State with Ed, you will never be able to listen to the Corin version again!
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,980
    IamTom wrote:

I truly don't understand why abuse is ok to some people.

Calling someone a moron is abusive, calling someone ugly is abusive adn as for the OP I am stunned someone has the need to be so vile.

Aw it's just a joke doesn't cut it. Abuse is abuse and I see far too much of it on posts here.

The words we use are energy. They go out into the world.

Perhaps consider what you choose to put out,either verbally or by message.

Emily Dickinson says it far better than I....

A word is dead
    When it is said,
    Some say.

I say it just
    Begins to live
    That day.

+1 These rude comments are so unnecessary, regardless of what you think of her music or her voice. Good grief....
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • JaneNY wrote:
    I think some people just can't wrap themselves around the fact that there are women artists who rock hard. If you dislike Corinn Tucker, but deny the fact that you have a problem with women who rock, in general, then list some womens' bands that you like. I can't think of any male band that has been involved with Pearl Jam/opened for them, that has attracted the level of vitriol directed at Sleater-Kinney.

No, I just think it's because her singing Fortunate Son at Boston was really bad... I seriously thought it was the big black lady from C&C music factory the first time I heard it.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
This discussion has been closed.