Friday Night Lights

2»

Comments

• musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    susannj wrote:
    Awesome show! One of my favs! It's a shame this is the final show. The writers and cast are great.

its not only that, its the full package. the show introduced a majority of the non hipster crowd to explosions in the sky, which is only a good thing.

I really could care less about sports. the whole win at all costs, ethics, morality, and humanity be damned idea never appealed to me, and is one of the major reason i dont watch sports.

But what FNL is able to do, is to make someone like me, care about the Dillon panthers. When they show those football scenes with explosions in the sky soundtracking it all, thats about as good as it gets folks!
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I don't watch it. I think it's about football or something.? A bunch of lunkheads.
    I'll be back
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    Amazon has a deal for today May 10 for 11.99 a season

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?i ... g=abswo-20
    I miss igotid88
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Wow I just watched the last show.
    I will miss this show SO much.
    Such a great show.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    they're giving it a nice sendoff with emmy nominations
    I miss igotid88
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    igotid88 wrote:
    they're giving it a nice sendoff with emmy nominations
    thanks for the info :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    their loss as it is about as good a show that was out there, probably thought it was either like the movie or all about football.

get the DVDs people, you won;t be disappointed
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Love this show and I don't even like (american) football!! So sad that it's done.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Finally watched the finale yesterday...great show, great way to end the series.
  • breath_girlbreath_girl Posts: 189
    I just watched all the seasons and loved it. I really wasn't ready for it to end but liked how they wrapped it up.

If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favour and check it out. Great acting and you don't have to be a football fan to latch on. Season 2 was a little meh but don't let it derail you it gets better.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    any show where explosions in the sky is pretty much all the music is a good one too

it was a lot of fresh new faces who were all pretty damn great actors. It is all about the lives of the team and community, football itself is a small part, just the common thread.

TEXAS FOREVER
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Great show, too bad it never got the ratings it deserved- thought the finale was good
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • PJ212PJ212 Posts: 822
    A Friday Night Lights movie is in the works?!?!?!!!

http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/tca-pet ... tart-eyed/
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 2021: SHN, Ohana 2 & 3, 2022: LA 1 & 2, PHX, OAK 1 & 2, Fresno, MSG, BNA, B&B, STL, OKC, DEN, 2023: MSP 1 & 2, CHI 1 & 2, DFW 2, AUS 1 & 2, 2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, LV 1 & 2, SEA 1 & 2
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    PJ212 wrote:

:o awesome
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    PJ212 wrote:

:o awesome

+1. Kyle Chandler mucho mucho yummier than Billy Bob Thornton :mrgreen:
  • The wife had never seen FNL. Started watching it on Netflix streaming over the weekend. Already 10 episodes in. So great to go back and watch this show from the beginning again.
  • The wife had never seen FNL. Started watching it on Netflix streaming over the weekend. Already 10 episodes in. So great to go back and watch this show from the beginning again.
    i miss that show!!