Friday Night Lights

mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Why doesn't anyone watch this show? I've been watching the new season and every week it's another great episode but the ratings are horrible. I just don't get it.
Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i watching it,but the last season finnish 3 months ago..they are up to season 5 in fall i think
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I don't understand either, my wife and I love it. Most good shows are unpopular, unless there is a forensic crime solver or some type of "reality", most people don't watch... BTW they used "Come Back" in a season one episode, great song and great scene!
  • mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    edited May 2010
    i watching it,but the last season finnish 3 months ago..they are up to season 5 in fall i think

You must have satellite. They are just now airing Season 4 on NBC.
    Post edited by mbangel10 on
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
    mbangel10 wrote:

You must have satellite. They are just now airing Season 3 on NBC.
    torrent style..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    mbangel10 wrote:

You must have satellite. They are just now airing Season 3 on NBC.
    torrent style..

I should have done that.... but I figured I'd wait and see it on regular broadcast. Don't spoiler me. :lol:
    mbangel10 wrote:

I should have done that.... but I figured I'd wait and see it on regular broadcast. Don't spoiler me. :lol:
    ofcourse not..exept all dies..lol
    mbangel10 wrote:

Oh no... Christian Shepard is going to show up at the end, isn't he?
    mbangel10 wrote:
    mbangel10 wrote:

Oh no... Christian Shepard is going to show up at the end, isn't he?
    yep,cos must to let go .....
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    I love this show!
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • is back!!seaon 5 episode 1...awesome :)
  • is back!!seaon 5 episode 1...awesome :)

+1 I friggin' love this show
  • It sucks that I don't have directv and have to wait until NBC will air this final season next summer!
  • It sucks that I don't have directv and have to wait until NBC will air this final season next summer!
    torrent..
    torrent..

Ehhh, I wouldn't even know where to start with torrents and all that....I tried it once and I had no clue what to do. I think I can wait...
    torrent..

Ehhh, I wouldn't even know where to start with torrents and all that....I tried it once and I had no clue what to do. I think I can wait...
    i can burn u the episode in dvd :D u dont need subtittles :lol:
    Since it's the final season I may have to torrent it. I'm just gonna miss not having Riggins in every episode... :(
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    I like Friday Night Lights. I always thought it was a pretty good show and never got why a lot of people constantly dissed it. Looking forward to finishing it out this year, although I will wait for it to come back on NBC.
  • I dug it for the first couple seasons. Now it's just Beverly Hills 90210 with a football.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,091
    I absolutely LOVE this show. I've been watching since the beginning and I have not found it lacking in the least.

:clap:
    We’ll meet again, but not yet…not yet. 
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I've watched every season, very good show, definitely one of the better sows on TV.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    I dig this show.

Are you guys saying that there are new episodes airing someplace other than NBC?
  • Get_Right wrote:
    I dig this show.

Are you guys saying that there are new episodes airing someplace other than NBC?

Yeah, this is the 3rd year in a row that Directv has aired the new season in the fall. NBC then usually waits until late spring/summer to air it.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,810
    Get_Right wrote:
    I dig this show.

Yeah, this is the 3rd year in a row that Directv has aired the new season in the fall. NBC then usually waits until late spring/summer to air it.
    Thanks, I never knew that.
    Torrents here I come! :mrgreen:
  • watching last night episode...this is a great show...anyone knows where i can find the song in the tittles?cos i find it but in a different version..i mean this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCqSYDBO ... re=related
    thanks

btw,this is the final season?
  • awesome episode last night!!!!!this show plays so well with character feelings and thoughts,,brilliant.!!
  • what an amazing episode last night..so emotional...
    .i read was the last episode ever..no more seasons... :(
  • PJ212PJ212 Posts: 822
    I just watched all five seasons of Friday Night Lights in two weeks (haven't had much of a social life the last couple of weeks, sometimes that happens).

This show is amazing. Not surprising that the episode that hooked me was from the first season and ended with PJ's "Come Back". Episode 3 - Wind Sprints.

Also, can't believe I went five years without knowing of the existence of Taylor Kitsch.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 2021: SHN, Ohana 2 & 3, 2022: LA 1 & 2, PHX, OAK 1 & 2, Fresno, MSG, BNA, B&B, STL, OKC, DEN, 2023: MSP 1 & 2, CHI 1 & 2, DFW 2, AUS 1 & 2, 2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, LV 1 & 2, SEA 1 & 2
    PJ212 wrote:

Also, can't believe I went five years without knowing of the existence of Taylor Kitsch.
    :lol: good one
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791
    I miss igotid88
  • susannjsusannj Posts: 664
    Awesome show! One of my favs! It's a shame this is the final show. The writers and cast are great.
    -See the waves on distant shores, awaiting your arrival...

Stanhope, New Jersey 08-12-1992
    Randall's Island, New York 09-28-1996
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 09-08-1998
    Wantagh, New York 08-24-2000
    New York, New York 07-09-2003
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey 06-03-2006
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    Brooklyn, New York 10-19-2013
    New York, New York 05-01-2016
    New York, New York 09-11-2022