get riot act back in the game!

2»

Comments

• jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    Bushleaguer could seem dated now, thankfully can't say that about (m)any other PJ songs.....but I agree, more 'Riot Act' live! That was the ONLY problem I had with the MSG-2 set last Friday. I mentioned that to the friend I went with shortly after the show was over -- and then we continued jabbering about how insanely great the show was...a talk which lasted the entire weekend.

but I'd take less 'Riot Act' to get more 'Binaural,' which is the other neglected album lately.
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • swm77swm77 Posts: 18
    two words - HELP HELP

Oh yeah that song, or is it a song?
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Pearl Jam like to stay away from fire alarms at the shows.
    I saw the Riot Act tour five times and the reaction to the songs was pretty poor.
    I was amazed how strong the crowd reacted to the Backspacer songs this tour.
    I like some of Riot Act, but don't think many of the songs translate that well live.
  • ya know...it pisses me off when people talk shit about the songs on Riot Act....."oh that song's a set killer"

well guess what? there is a whole fucking spectrum of music that parallels emotion!...not every song is about jumping around and rocking out!! some of it should be mellow...some of it brainless....some of it cerebral...some of it fast & some of it slow.....but there is still one constant....all of it is AWESOME!!

to me..that's what makes this band so special and why i haven't grown tired of listening to their music over the past almost 20 years....to have so much variety from one band is a fucking amazing thing! Riot Act is testament to that amazing-ness!!...so if you don't like or care for a particular album or song, it's not the band...IT"S YOU!!!!

and yeah...there are a few songs in the PJ catalog that i dislike...but it is my personal preference...i don't say the band fucked up or that the song is shit (hey...they didn't write last kiss so :P ) that is disrespectful to the artist (who may have a deeper connection to the song than you are aware of)

so next time you are at a show and they go to play a song you don't like....just zip it!( or go to the bathroom and unzip it :mrgreen: )..there are 20,000 other people at the show who may disagree with you and have been waiting to her that song....like ME!!!
  • ya know...it pisses me off when people talk shit about the songs on Riot Act....."oh that song's a set killer"

well guess what? there is a whole fucking spectrum of music that parallels emotion!...not every song is about jumping around and rocking out!! some of it should be mellow...some of it brainless....some of it cerebral...some of it fast & some of it slow.....but there is still one constant....all of it is AWESOME!!

to me..that's what makes this band so special and why i haven't grown tired of listening to their music over the past almost 20 years....to have so much variety from one band is a fucking amazing thing! Riot Act is testament to that amazing-ness!!...so if you don't like or care for a particular album or song, it's not the band...IT"S YOU!!!!

and yeah...there are a few songs in the PJ catalog that i dislike...but it is my personal preference...i don't say the band fucked up or that the song is shit (hey...they didn't write last kiss so :P ) that is disrespectful to the artist (who may have a deeper connection to the song than you are aware of)

so next time you are at a show and they go to play a song you don't like....just zip it!( or go to the bathroom and unzip it :mrgreen: )..there are 20,000 other people at the show who may disagree with you and have been waiting to her that song....like ME!!!

AMEN!
    Love ain't Love until you give it up!