get riot act back in the game!

DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
edited May 2010 in The Porch
it's been on the bench too long.
i'm not talking about rare songs, i'm talking about songs that completely DISAPPEARED off setlists. not even 1 performance in years.

thumbing my way
all or none
help, help
bu$hleaguer
get right

WHY!? this seems to be the only album where this is the case.
not to mention, though they have showed up here and there, the following riot act songs have become extremely rare as well:

ghost
cropduster
love boat captain

i wonder why they have neglected or forgot about songs from riot act (incredible ones) more then any other album. and PLEASE don't give me that -"because riot act sucks" shit. it does not suck. it's phenomenal. also, this is not a complaint at all. i saw 4 UNBELIEVABLE shows this year and i think their setlists now are better then ever. just a little observation.
2006: Hartford
2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
2011: Ed Solo Hartford
2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    'Cuz Bushleaguer sucks a nut.
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    craigb wrote:

maybe he shouldnt of got on a majority of people's bad side...that way eddie wouldnt of written it about him...but riot act is very underrated lots of gems in there
  • LoveBoatAdmiralLoveBoatAdmiral Posts: 1,191
    Ghost is a top 5 song for me, and I don't think it's been played since the Mansfield experiment on the RIOT ACT tour.

I was hoping to see Can't Keep at one of my 4 shows this year but that's another one that hasn't made an appearance since Hartford 08.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    craigb wrote:

the studio version is odd and not that great. live it is amazing.
    but even forgetting bu$hleaguer ... thumbing my way and all or none are INCREDIBLE and have vanished!

Ghost is a top 5 song for me, and I don't think it's been played since the Mansfield experiment on the RIOT ACT tour.

I was hoping to see Can't Keep at one of my 4 shows this year but that's another one that hasn't made an appearance since Hartford 08.

can't keep you are correct about.

however, ghost was played night 1 in philly. first and only time since mansfield experiment.
    i feel super lucky to have caught can't keep in hartford and ghost in philly :mrgreen:

i fuckin' love riot act!
  • Riot Act is great...really great!!... i mean all or none is beauty and full of melancholy and have a great solo at the end... 1/2 full has one of the best lines ever "don't see some men as half empty, see them half full of shit"... the i am mine lyrics are one of the greatest i ever heard, love boat captain is so damn preatty and intense, thumbing my way touch my soul and i like the rythim of get right...

well i think you get the point right? :lol:
    Love ain't Love until you give it up!
  • GiventoFallGiventoFall Posts: 217
    I love Riot Act but I think even the band realizes it's their least appreciated album. Some of em may even feel its their weakest effort. I think this is why their last two albums have had a lot of heavy rock and pop songs on them and have been promoted by the band as "getting back to their roots". I think the band was really hurt by the reaction they got after releasing Riot Act. I clearly remember seeing a show on the Riot Act tour where half the crowd went to the bathroom during Get Right. Shit it was pretty common of them at that time to play evenflow directly after a song like ghost or green disease to get the crowd lively afterwards.
    Get over here!
  • Riot Act needs to be played more, they should stop playing shit like Sweet Lew and bring back this great album!
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Can't Keep and All or None need to be played!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    Where has Thumbing My Way gone?! Not even Ed's solo shows though it fits perfectly with Into the Wild.

And it would fit in beautifully after Just Breathe. Bring it back!!!

As for LBC, expect at least one performance in Europe. It WILL be played in Berlin.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    bump!
  • Riot Act is in my top 4 PJ albums.....that's how bad ass it is!!!!!!!!!!
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    bump for riot act
  • KarleyKarley Posts: 506
    Can't agree with the hate towards Riot Act either. It's an amazing album which offers a great variety of styles. I would love to hear Thumbing My Way live some day...Oh, and you all love Save You and I Am Mine, don't you?
    <object height="305" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="305" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" favorite tracks!</a> by <a href="
  • Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    I've seen Can't Keep open two shows(Cleveland 03 and SC 08) and it was great both times. One of my favorite openers, truly. Save you and I am Mine I love from Riot Act, but the rest is really nothing I'd care to hear now live. I believe I've heard the entire album live at some point, and the songs just didn't do it for me. Trust me, Riot Act songs from PJ beat just about anyone elses best but if I'm going to hear deeper album cuts, I'd rather they be from No Code, Yield, or Binaural.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I agree. In the 5 shows I've been to the only Riot Act song I've seen live is Save You........3 times. :roll:
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • pearljamchrispearljamchris Posts: 282
    i completely agree! riot act is my favourite album n all ive seen live from it are green disease, save you, bushleaguer and half full, i want more!! jus play the whole damn album in dublin.......... if not atleast play i am mine still havent seen it live and i love it!
    IF YOU HATE SOMETHING,.. DONT YOU DO IT TOO
  • Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    I was listening to a live version of 'Get Right' the other day (I think it was Uniondale) it was amazing. They really need to put some of these songs back inot rotation.
  • Jurassic MarcJurassic Marc Posts: 152
    riot act is awesome. ITS AWESOME!! they will bring them back. leash gets played very often now for example - seems like sometimes songs go into storage but come back with a vengeance.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    edited May 2010
    i enjoy the riot act as well.

Uniondale ' 03 they performed Bu$hleaguer ,

the crowd reaction ruined that show and the mood,

i hear there were some other gems scratched from the set that night,

ended kinda abruptly .
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Help,Help from St.Louis in 03 is absolutely amazing, way better than the studio version. I think there's several songs on Riot Act that are way better Live!
    " Things were different then, all is different now "

Seattle 09-16-96, Vancouver 07-19-98, Seattle 11-05-00, Seattle 12-09-02, Vancouver 05-30-03, Vancouver 09-02-05, Gorge 07-23-06, Seattle 09-21-09, Seattle 09-22-09, Vancouver 09-25-09
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    i love, love, love, riot act album!!
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Riot Act is in my top 4 PJ albums.....that's how bad ass it is!!!!!!!!!!
    Amen brother!

#1. Vitalogy
    #2. No Code
    #3. Ten
    #4. Riot Act!!!
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • KarleyKarley Posts: 506
    And don't forget about the Outtakes of this period - Down, Undone..two amazing songs!
    <object height="305" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="305" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" favorite tracks!</a> by <a href="
  • Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    Get Right is the only studio song of theirs (exlude Lost Dogs) that I have not heard live.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Seeing You Are played twice was pretty sweet.
  • AlltheWay23AlltheWay23 Posts: 159
    Hands down the worst PJ album. Keep those songs in the attic.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Get BU$HLEAGUER and YOU ARE back on the SET!...:)
  • swm77swm77 Posts: 18
    I've heard You Are, 1/2 Full, Cropduster, Thumbing My Way, Save you, Green Disease LBC, I am Mine, off Riot Act live, the only songs I would like to hear in a concert now would be Save You, and well that is it, not that these songs are bad I really do enjoy them, but they had their place. The one song I would not like to hear is Cropduster out of those along, with Bushleaguer(Bush is not President anymore), Ghost.

Songs I would like to hear off Riot Act but would opt for other songs would be All Or None, Can't Keep.

Funny thing is Riot Act was my first Pearl jam Album I bought, and really enjoyed it but in my catalog is my least favourite.

And another thing, I wish that Binaural was released with its original song line up.

And another thing Pearl Jam please come back to Toronto!

Canadian Tour Part Deux.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    two words - HELP HELP
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Even PJ realized their folly with that album. And playing Bu$hleaguer (that dollar sign in the title is so adolescent)now would just be plain ridiculous, since he isn't president anymore.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx