Options

Sleeper show of the Tour?

RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
edited June 2010 in The Porch
I'm still saying Cleveland, yeah I was there but it's not just that, wash is my absolute favorite song (or it's in contention between 4), so is Immortality, leash was amazing, just thought it was the most solid, not all that talked up show.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BH198990BH198990 Posts: 174
    Cleveland was really outstanding...lot of talk whether the crowd was good or not, but who cares, the boys were on top of their game, and the setlist had an unreal flow to it....Might not have had the crazy rarities, but Wash was top notch, and Immortality could not have been more perfect. First show of the tour to end with Indifference, which was awesome....i could go on and on....

cheers
  • Options
    hinsey21hinsey21 Posts: 582
    was at cleveland and buffalo.....i enjoyed buffalo more then cleveland...show and setlist wise
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    MSG II :P
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    InsideManInsideMan Posts: 261
    Newark. Crowd was disappointing, but the set list was dynamite.
    2009: Philly 3 & 4
    2010: Newark, MSG I
    2011: EV Philly
    2012: Philly MIA
    2013: Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Philly 1 & 2, Baltimore
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,573
    Kraven wrote:
    MSG II :P

:lol: . Yea, we heaven't heard about that show. Can you enlighten us on it?> :lol:

How about Newark? I listen to a AUD recording and it sounded pretty good.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    therk17 wrote:

Yeah this would be my 2nd pick, not only was this show not talked up, it was talked DOWN after the bosten show and having the msg shows coming up, was very suprised and excited for you guys when I saw how great the setlist was.
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Indy was just incredible....highly underrated.
  • Options
    3legged dog3legged dog Posts: 896
    BOSTON :idea:
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    HbudjrHbudjr Posts: 150
    Columbus for sure. We got Mike pre set treat!!! Oceans!! and one of the best versions of Crazy Mary I have heard yet. Dont forget "Alone" as well. Crowd was into it as well as Ed mentioned a few times that night.
    8/23/2009- Chicago- United Center
    5/6/2010- Columbus- Nationwide Arena
    6/26/2011- Detroit- Fox Theater- EV Solo
    9/22/2012- Atlanta- Piedmont Park
    10/11/2013- Pittsburgh - Consol Energy Center
    11/26/2013 - Oakland - Oracle Arena
    10/1/2014 - Cincinnati - US Bank Arena
    10/16/2014 - Detroit - Joe Lewis Arena
    4/26/2016 - Lexington - Rupp Arena (Hometown Show)
    8/20/2016 - Chicago - Wrigley Field
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Wash is overrated. Gimme Release or Just about any other opener really.

I think both shows I caught are pretty decent candidates for sleeper....Indy or St Lou
  • Options
    Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    newark was the sleeper show of the tour....idk what people were talking about when they say it wasnt good. the setlist was amazing my swats were real good fourth row mikes side first section up. they were on fire that night. the bootleg will prove this true
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    Definitely, without question, Hartford.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    i went to Columbus . but i would have to say it was Cleveland . or both . those shows sat there for days with ten club tickets available . for days .
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    DewieCox wrote:

Strongly disagree.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 552
    id say newark. most people didnt have hopes for it but i enjoyed it more than msg1. if they switched setlists, omg :shock: . msg1 and 2 wouldve been the best 2 show run ever. plus they probably wouldve kept breath, leaving here, and no way on the setlist. but still getting alone, brother, of the girl, immortality, go, etc was great enough plus the band sounded awesome.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
  • Options
    SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    I was at 7 of the shows. I would have to say Cleveland. Just slightly over Buffalo.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    morgie2 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Strongly disagree.

It was cool to catch once but it just didn't do anything to the crowd and that was in Boston. It's not even close to bein the opener that Release or Long Road is IMO.
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    morgie2 wrote:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    LoveBoatAdmiralLoveBoatAdmiral Posts: 1,191
    morgie2 wrote:

Of the Bristow>Hartford>Boston>Newark run I did, Boston was by far the best show. Second was Newark. I wasn't feeling Hartford like a lot of others were.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    morgie2 wrote:

Of the Bristow>Hartford>Boston>Newark run I did, Boston was by far the best show. Second was Newark. I wasn't feeling Hartford like a lot of others were.
    No? Maybe that's cuz you were in your plan B seats, rather than plan A. :lol::lol:

Really though, you weren't feelin Hartford? We loved it. My only problem with Hartford, and I've bitched about it before, was you couldn't hear Mike's guitar on our entire side. Most notably during Low Light and Severed Hand. They got it all fixed by the time I Got Shit was played.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 563
    RiotZact wrote:
    therk17 wrote:

Yeah this would be my 2nd pick, not only was this show not talked up, it was talked DOWN after the bosten show and having the msg shows coming up, was very suprised and excited for you guys when I saw how great the setlist was.

yeah seriously, Newark gets no love

obviously i enjoyed MSG, but this show blew it out of the water if you ask me...
  • Options
    WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 563
    and hartford, i loved that one too!!!
    who didn't like hartford??
  • Options
    LoveBoatAdmiralLoveBoatAdmiral Posts: 1,191

No? Maybe that's cuz you were in your plan B seats, rather than plan A. :lol::lol:

Really though, you weren't feelin Hartford? We loved it. My only problem with Hartford, and I've bitched about it before, was you couldn't hear Mike's guitar on our entire side. Most notably during Low Light and Severed Hand. They got it all fixed by the time I Got Shit was played.

Nah, the seats were great, I honestly think was just a little burned out from the drive to Virginia, back to Boston, and down to Hartford in 2 days. The day off after Hartford was my first real "rest" day in over a week.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Sawyer wrote:
    Indy was just incredible....highly underrated.

1000% +1
  • Options
    elevation622elevation622 Posts: 926
    Newark was great. The setlist was awesome, and the band was tight. Even the sound to me was crystal clear. Maybe that's because the crowd thought they were at a library?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    I dont know what "sleeper show" means after the fact.

Judging by chatter....

I would say that Cleveland, Hartford, Newark, and probably MSG I are held in high regard....

Boston and MSG II are the highest rated.

New Orleans, KC, St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville, Buffalo, Bristow are the shows that are kid of "forgotten". So I guess if one of those are worthy of the "high regard" level, that show would be the "underrated" show.
  • Options
    Dark EnergyDark Energy Here Posts: 203
    Cleveland was an absolutely fantastic show-despite the crowd-.
    This was show # 15 for me, and I would have to say it was the quietest crowd of all of them. Somehow, the guys made for their own vibe, rather than feeding off the crowd, and proceeded to put on a great show, with a really good setlist. I was really surprised to not see more people singing along to even the big hits, I kind of understand about the new songs, but you would figure to have quite a few singing to "Smile", "In Hiding". Even Corduroy, a song which even the most casual fans know, did not get much audience feedback. Although I did see one of the craziest things: the guy in front of me actually bawled like a baby during "Just Breathe".
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    Of the 6 I saw (KC - BUF), Cleveland was 1A followed closely by Columbus 1B. Buffalo is 1C. Indy was the bottom IMHO. I think that was more due to the venue than the show though.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    NEWARK forsure!!!! Why u ask, because it was my 58th show and I finally got to hear BROTHER!!!! The crowd was asleep but the boys rocked the rock that nite!!! Sound was incredible, set list was sick and my seats were unreal!!! I did Hartford, Newark and both MSG shows, Newark was my sleeper forsure...
  • Options
    It's difficult to say, I fall asleep at so many of them.