Options

Worst Pearl Jam Song

124»

Comments

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,371
    um... why has no one said 'just breathe' yet? the only time i would ever sit through it is if it was at a show or *maybe* on the radio

Because it's a very powerful, poignant and beautiful song? I actually think it's a bad fit when they play it live in an arena but, on the record, it's fantastic.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 456
    Who You Are. Just never got into it.

Although when they did it at WPB 08, I gotta admit it sounded good.
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    SPEED OF SOUND, THE REST ARE ALL AMAZING
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    nykoellenykoelle Posts: 80
    wow lot of hate toward Parachutes! We're actually using that for our first dance at our wedding. I picked it, the to-be husband went along with it. Its sing-song-y, sort of sweet. Not typical Pearl Jam, I like how all their stuff doesn't sound the same.

Not a fan of EVACUATION!!!! (thank you all for agreeing with me on this). There's a song on Yield called... Pilot I believe? " Like Pilot I have a dog!!!" wtf? didn't work for me. I love that album though.

ps: last song at the reception is going to be Yellow Ledbetter. I figure, MSG 2 was awesome, and it ended with Yellow Ledbetter, so should my wedding, cause it'll be awesome too :p
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    The songs I dislike are-Help Help, Mankind, Sweet Lew, Gremmie Out Of Control, Whale Song, Around the Bend (I just can't ge into this song! I've tried time and time again... I feel lucky I haven't seen it yet in my 18 times! I think it would be a show killer but that's just my humble opinion!)

I like Evacuation and almost all of Riot Act...

to each their own! Rock n Roll Cheers,

Jim
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    bat2144bat2144 Posts: 33
    I can't stand Habit.

There, I said it.
    i was a fool b/c i thought the world
  • Options
    Jurassic MarcJurassic Marc Posts: 152
    i got to the person who said comeback and i threw up all over the computer screen.

i hate you all.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,093
    Off He Goes
    God's Dice
    MFC
    Marker In The Sand
    Inside Job
    Come Back
    Speed of Sound

Don't do it for me.

But I love HELP HELP!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    A few lost dogs aren't my cup of tea, likewise a few Xmas single tracks but album songs, even the daft little ones like Pry To, Aye Davanita, Red Dot etc pretty much float my boat too. Riot Act once my least favourite album is now one where I can't see what I didn't like? At a push I'd say Big Wave, Marker In The Sand. But... the loser by a country mile is....... SPEED OF SOUND! Wretched sounds I never thought I'd hear. I even prefer the song of the same name by Coldplay. :(
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Gone never did it for me.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,371
    nykoelle wrote:
    wow lot of hate toward Parachutes! We're actually using that for our first dance at our wedding. I picked it, the to-be husband went along with it. Its sing-song-y, sort of sweet. Not typical Pearl Jam, I like how all their stuff doesn't sound the same.

Love the song, but it seems like it would be hard to dance to with the odd meter.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Hitchhiker/Whale Song/Don't Gimmie No Lip

these 3 came to mind first.

There are songs i don't like, like Marker in the Sand. But i don't think it's their worst.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,937
    This is not the "worst song" thread this is the "i don't like X song" thread :lol:

Pearl haven't made a bad song NEVER and they never will!

But i don't like evacuation, but like i've said before if they play it in one of the concert i attend I'll sing my lungs out! :)

Time for...
    Evacuaaaaaaaaaaaatiooooooon!!!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    jester59388jester59388 Posts: 150
    BF25394 wrote:
    Of album tracks that are meant to be taken seriously, I think "Habit" is the nadir.

Couldn't agree more ...... unless Whale Song was meant to be take seriously. I can't tell if that one was intended to be a joke or not ....

Habit is the only PJ song that when it comes up on the Pearl Jam A to Z playlist my first reaction is "What is this horrible piece of shit? .. Oh yeah, it's Habit" ....
    a fool not a fucking god ....
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Almost impossible to believe how rude some comments in this thread are.

When someone creates art, especially by a group of people that people supposedly like enough to visit their website and forums, it's important how something is said. If you say, I don't connect with such and such song or ________ song is not one of my favorites, then that's criticism delivered at least delivered politely. When delivering criticism, it's MORE important HOW something is said.

See Posting Guidelines at top of page.

Admin
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.