Slow Lukin

2»

Comments

• doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    RiotZact wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    Not that i didn't like the slow version but it dosn't have any "mezmorizing" lyrics in it, it's a plain old story about a crazy lady that shows up at his house after he cant find his keys, saying that he raped her and got a son out of it.

Drive down the street, can't find the keys to my own fucking home
    I take a walk, so I can curse my ass for being dumb
    I make a right after the arches, stinking grease and bone
    Stop at the supermarket, people stare like I'm a dog

I'm goin' to Lukin's...
    I got a spot at Lukin's...
    I knock the door at Lukin's...
    Open the fridge, now I know life is worth

I find the key, but I return to find an open door
    Some fucking freak who claims I fathered, by rape, her own son
    I find my wife, I call the cops, this day's work's never done
    The last I heard the freak was purchasing a fucking gun

Yeah I love the fast version and the slow is good to but I don't see how people are saying that the lyrics are giving them goosbumps and that there deep touching lyrics, and if they were they still would be fast.

for me the way he's singing them given them a different.. ending.. like when he sings "the last i heard, last i heard, last i heard the freak was purchasing a fucking gun" makes it sound less like.. oh dear, she's got a gun, what's she gonna do? and more like "oh dear, she had a gun, what has she done?" like... it's not a risk, it's a tragedy.

i dunno. that's how it sounds to me now. i for one adore this version. this could be the xmas single song and i'll be happier than a pig in shit :)
  • rolenrockrolenrock Posts: 312
    Does anyone has audio of slow Jeremy or a date that it was played?
    2009: Philly Night 2
    2010: MSG Night 1 and Night 2
    2011: Eddie Vedder Solo in Philly, PJ20 Alpine Valley Day 1 and Day 2.
    2012: Berlin Night 1(7/4)
    2013: Wrigley Field, Philly 1 and 2
  • DewieCox wrote:
    Fast Lukin is just a crap song. A waste of a minute...This slow Lukin sounds intriguing...Better go check it out.

edit: It's better but kinda cheesy sounding from the better vids I can find.

LOL a waste of a minute? thats .0066 of a 2 1/2 hour show.
    How I choose to feel is how I am.
  • WritingjunkieWritingjunkie Posts: 178
    I've always had a weird attraction to Lukin...

For some reason, it just makes me smile... Plus I think most of my friend find it insane that I can nail every word when it comes up on random in the car (by nail I mean soncially slaughter).

Best Live moment involving Lukin for me was definitely the "Let's play some Jazz" right into it for the second song at Jazz Fest... I know for a fact that I grinned immensely as soon as I heard the first notes.

As for this slow Lukin, I've yet to track it down but look forward to checking out the boot as soon as it's available...
    If Adam and Eve had Taco Bell they would have never eaten that filthy fruit...
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    rolenrock wrote:

it was played at red rocks in 95

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap7wEwkiuGE
  • rolenrockrolenrock Posts: 312
    Musically... I don't think that "version" of Jeremy is any kind of Alternate. It is more raw and unfinished like an original working...

After listening to it.. it sounds like how the lyrics and tone were originally meant to sound...

The producer and the band most likely polished it for the album. As a stand alone song.. its great as a raw piece. but on an album like Ten? It would not be able to keep the album together as it does and would be over shadowed. It would be interesting to know if it is indeed the original working of the tune.

The slow Lukin was a reworking ... and you can feel that it was.
    2009: Philly Night 2
    2010: MSG Night 1 and Night 2
    2011: Eddie Vedder Solo in Philly, PJ20 Alpine Valley Day 1 and Day 2.
    2012: Berlin Night 1(7/4)
    2013: Wrigley Field, Philly 1 and 2
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    I've seen fast lukin, lukin with strings and slow lukin with strings and slow lukin with strings blows away any version. It was really weird to actually understand it finally and to sing along to it. Msg crowd was amazing on lukin. New jeremy kicks ass. I wish they would play it that way more. they've fooled around with alive a bit. Melborune night 2 (I think it was night 2) 95 has this cool intro with jack and stone.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    StoneAment wrote:
    ...not as good as original Lukin. Sorry it had to be said.

I thought the fast version with the string quartet was mental last year. I want to hear that! Actually I've never seen it live at all so I don't care if its electric, acoustic, with a string quartertet whatever - I just want to be the fast/mental song we all know and love.

I hate when people say "sorry, it had to be said." No, it really didn't.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Here is a version of it shot from behind Eddie. I just love the crowds response as they realize what song it is. Lucky bastards, some of them are practically on top of the stage.

(Also check out the guy in the dharma jumpsuit :lol: )
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rafie wrote:
    Here is a version of it shot from behind Eddie. I just love the crowds response as they realize what song it is. Lucky bastards, some of them are practically on top of the stage.

i can totally see what you are saying....but i've got super powers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    rafie wrote:

Ha, the guy in the second row leaving as the song starts.

~
    doompony wrote:
    rolenrock wrote:

it was played at red rocks in 95

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap7wEwkiuGE

Alternate version was also played in Sacramento that tour.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    :oops: Guess I forgot to put the link. :oops:
    Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Nrau1u6DQ
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • StoneAmentStoneAment Posts: 393
    long red wrote:
    StoneAment wrote:
    ...not as good as original Lukin. Sorry it had to be said.

I thought the fast version with the string quartet was mental last year. I want to hear that! Actually I've never seen it live at all so I don't care if its electric, acoustic, with a string quartertet whatever - I just want to be the fast/mental song we all know and love.

I hate when people say "sorry, it had to be said." No, it really didn't.

Haha, I guess you're right, I apologise. Let me rephrase:

Slow Lukin - not as good as original Lukin. I just wanted to put that out there.
    Mike McCready makes the energizer bunny look tired.