Cold Weather SUPER BOWL It's Coming To A City Near You

2»

Comments

• pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    imalive wrote:
    pureoc wrote:
    I'm fine with a cold weather Super Bowl, BUT it just better not be New York then. Let's see in the future then cities like Green Bay (ok I'm bias on this and it is without a doubt the most storied venue in the NFL and with the renovation they had a few years back it's more than sufficeient, it may be out because their isn't enough hotels and stuff, but I still think it would be great if they have it their in the cold, leave all the cold corporate pansies at home). If not Green Bay, then at least Chicago, or Seattle, Philly, Foxboro. This better not just be a NY thing, cause if it is it's BS, reward the other cities too.
    does green bay have enough strip clubs? :?

Yes they do. As far as the "talent", that might be something they'd want to fly in for the week!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • FirstExitFirstExit Posts: 973
    "I've seen people lost in their New York Giants memorabilia, who come to think of it actually play in New Jersey. Maybe they should be called the New Jersey Giants..."
    -Bruce Springstee, 6-15-2000, Madison Square Garden, NYC.

That is all.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    pureoc wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    pureoc wrote:
    I'm fine with a cold weather Super Bowl, BUT it just better not be New York then. Let's see in the future then cities like Green Bay (ok I'm bias on this and it is without a doubt the most storied venue in the NFL and with the renovation they had a few years back it's more than sufficeient, it may be out because their isn't enough hotels and stuff, but I still think it would be great if they have it their in the cold, leave all the cold corporate pansies at home). If not Green Bay, then at least Chicago, or Seattle, Philly, Foxboro. This better not just be a NY thing, cause if it is it's BS, reward the other cities too.
    does green bay have enough strip clubs? :?

Yes they do. As far as the "talent", that might be something they'd want to fly in for the week!

what this guy said...they'll be coming from all corners of the country :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    pureoc wrote:

i'm with you 100% If you are gonna have the SB play in cold weather give it to Soldier Field or Lambeau Field at least. Least there is some tradition there. I get it's New York and all, but still. On the way to the PJ show on Friday we drove by it (I think it was off the turnpike?) Looked nice from the outside.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,448
    this is a stupid idea. the proponents of this say the average temperature if 42 degrees on Feb. 2nd. Yes but the 42 degrees is between 2 and 3 pm - the Super Bowl is played at NIGHT. Do you know freakin cold it can get in the Northeast at night in February? Best case scenario the game is played in the 30s. this is stupid. I understand the want to play in the New York area for the media and entertainment but playing the game outdoors in the Northeast is as dumb as playing outdoor baseball in Colorado and Minnesota. dumb idea.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    this past year it was 19 degrees :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    who would be tough enough to play the halftimeshow?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    they'll just put some visqueen over the top of the stadium and bring in some heaters
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg