Cold Weather SUPER BOWL It's Coming To A City Near You

g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
ny_a_eli_576.jpg

Weather Will Make The Super Bowl Speacial

Thoughts on a cold weather Super Bowl because it's going to happen? I'm fine with it as long as I'm not there freezing my *tuchas* off brrrrr.

ny_u_manning02_200.jpg
Some of the game's greatest games were played in inclement weather. Manning asks: Why would the Super Bowl be different?

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i don't see it happening anytime soon. all the corporate sponsors were crying when it was up in detroit a few years back
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    They play all the other playoffs games in cold weather, why not the Superbowl?

The only reason they wouldn't do this is money, risk of losing sponsorship at the stadium ... but you don't think New Yorkers (or those from Jersey) or folks in Green Bay, New England, Seattle, whereever, wouldn't love to go to a superbowl? No matter the weather.

They had an ice storm in Atlanta and it was a downpour in Miami for the Colts v Bears. They need to move this game around so Arz, SD, NO and Florida aren't constantly getting it.

Finally, if I was on the team trying to pitch the new Meadowlands superbowl ... this would be my speech ...

ahem ....

4 words ladies and gentlemen ....

BON JOVI HALFTIME SPECTACULAR!!!!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    They play all the other playoffs games in cold weather, why not the Superbowl?

The only reason they wouldn't do this is money, risk of losing sponsorship at the stadium ... but you don't think New Yorkers (or those from Jersey) or folks in Green Bay, New England, Seattle, whereever, wouldn't love to go to a superbowl? No matter the weather.

They had an ice storm in Atlanta and it was a downpour in Miami for the Colts v Bears. They need to move this game around so Arz, SD, NO and Florida aren't constantly getting it.

Finally, if I was on the team trying to pitch the new Meadowlands superbowl ... this would be my speech ...

ahem ....

of course it's all about hte sponsor. it's not like the common fan would be able to get tickets in gb....or maybe they could since all the panty waste corp people would stay home.

hey Roger....how bout chicago
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    apparently the new giants stadium is going to get it pretty soon...

i am all for it.
    www.myspace.com
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724

i am all for it.
    +1

Football isn't meant to be played on sunny days. It should be nasty.
    NERDS!
  • I live in Indianapolis, and I believe we are hosting the Super Bowl in 2012. I was actually against the Super Bowl being here, and this is why. The weather in Indy typically sucks early February when the Super Bowl is held. I believe in '07 when the Colts won there was a blizzard here the day after the game. I mean, we have a stadium with one of those retractable roofs, but it won't matter if people can't get to the game due to whether.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889

i am all for it.
    +1

I agree, but there could be some backlash.

Imagine a Superbowl with two strong offensive teams (think Saints vs Colts)... Two marquee QB's that they have been overhyping for the 2 weeks leading up to the game... Now that game is in Denver with 6 inches of snow falling, and the game is just a bogged down 9-3 game... Football fans would love the snow, but the millions of casual fans who just watch the superbowl would be bored to tears.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    Those fuckers get paid enough i say make them play in the worst weather ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724

i am all for it.
    +1

Imagine a Superbowl with two strong offensive teams (think Saints vs Colts)... Two marquee QB's that they have been overhyping for the 2 weeks leading up to the game... Now that game is in Denver with 6 inches of snow falling, and the game is just a bogged down 9-3 game... Football fans would love the snow, but the millions of casual fans who just watch the superbowl would be bored to tears.

True, but the casual fans are getting trashed and just watching the commercials anyway. :lol:
    NERDS!
    you know, if they want to do outdoors, then they should return the game to the fans and let the team with the best record host the super bowl.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited May 2010
    astroturf
    big huge dome stadiums heated and cooled

i'm willing to wager that 3/4 of all football players are light in their loafers, yes/no?

play in the weather you pansies.
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    all the cold weather cities are gonna vote yes so their team has a chance . I say it passes
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I think NYC will get it because it's NYC(NJ).

I love foul weather football games but I think this is a bad idea. I want to see the biggest sporting event of the year played in ideal conditions. The weather could make the game boring, not that it hasn't been in years past. Do we really want another IceBowl or Tuckrule game determining the champ? The good weather also levels the playing field, some teams and players are more practiced at playing in foul weather.
    #FHP
    81 wrote:
    you know, if they want to do outdoors, then they should return the game to the fans and let the team with the best record host the super bowl.

That would be ideal, but this monster has gotten so big that they just can't wait until 2 weeks before to confirm where it's at. It currently takes months to staff and get organized locally.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    if you can't smash people and break bones in a blizzard or freezing rain you are a candy ass little school girl.
    this is fact.

some huge muscle bound animalistic multi millionaire cries due inclement weather?
    this is preposterous...

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    if you can't smash people and break bones in a blizzard or freezing rain you are a candy ass little school girl.
    this is fact.

some huge muscle bound animalistic multi millionaire cries due inclement weather?
    this is preposterous...

It's not the players who are against it, it's the League and the hundreds of millions of dollars that are spent around the event.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    chadwick wrote:
    this is fact.

this is preposterous...

It's not the players who are against it, it's the League and the hundreds of millions of dollars that are spent around the event.
    you're right, this is true.
    either way... ppl have turned candy ass.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    Well it's official now 2014 it will be here i'm glad ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jimed14 wrote:

YES!!!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Only one time in the past 10 years has the temperature been below 30 degrees in the city of east rutherford on February 2nd . Last year the temperature was 60 degrees on February 2nd.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• smg97791smg97791 Posts: 151
    This has the potential to be one of the best things to happened to the NFL in a long time. No American sports event gets more international viewers than the Super Bowl and I feel images of players getting tackled in the snow and snow drifting down right before the ball is snapped would do nothing but boost international interest in American football and the NFL. If anything, I think the Super Bowl should NEVER be played in a dome. I don't know, just my opinion.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,241
    Considering Wellington Mara's statute among owners and the fact that he was among the owners who allowed every team to get a portion of the TV revenues, it's due. And given the financial states of both New York and New Jersey, I can't see a problem with this.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I hope this starts a trend. I'd love to see it come to Chicago.
    Considering Wellington Mara's statute among owners and the fact that he was among the owners who allowed every team to get a portion of the TV revenues, it's due. And given the financial states of both New York and New Jersey, I can't see a problem with this.

I didn't know you listen to da pope. I figured you as a mike kay guy.

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,241
    metsfan wrote:

I wasn't listening today, but if he said that I agree with him on it.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    metsfan wrote:

I wasn't listening today, but if he said that I agree with him on it.
    yea he was driving that point all damn day. It got old after the 5th time he said it.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,973
    PLAY ALPINE VALLEY!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    I'm fine with a cold weather Super Bowl, BUT it just better not be New York then. Let's see in the future then cities like Green Bay (ok I'm bias on this and it is without a doubt the most storied venue in the NFL and with the renovation they had a few years back it's more than sufficeient, it may be out because their isn't enough hotels and stuff, but I still think it would be great if they have it their in the cold, leave all the cold corporate pansies at home). If not Green Bay, then at least Chicago, or Seattle, Philly, Foxboro. This better not just be a NY thing, cause if it is it's BS, reward the other cities too.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,973
    pureoc wrote:
    I'm fine with a cold weather Super Bowl, BUT it just better not be New York then. Let's see in the future then cities like Green Bay (ok I'm bias on this and it is without a doubt the most storied venue in the NFL and with the renovation they had a few years back it's more than sufficeient, it may be out because their isn't enough hotels and stuff, but I still think it would be great if they have it their in the cold, leave all the cold corporate pansies at home). If not Green Bay, then at least Chicago, or Seattle, Philly, Foxboro. This better not just be a NY thing, cause if it is it's BS, reward the other cities too.
    does green bay have enough strip clubs? :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613

i am all for it.
    +1

no they wouldn't. they would be enthralled by how cool the game would look in those conditions. they're gonna watch either way
    www.myspace.com