Options

Breaking Bad...

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Not in the way that he isn't dead, more of that he had a contingency plan, in case this sort of thing happened. Something through a character like Mike, who was conspicuously absent from the finale. I think Gus himself is dead as a doornail.

Gotcha. Could be. It's going to be a long winter. :lol:
  • Options
    NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    So what the hell actually happened to the cigarette?

Also, I am not a fan of the overuse of the word "epic," but that is exactly what everything about Gus' death was... fucking epic.
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Me and the wife last night:

"How the hell did Gus survive that blast?! ....oh... Holy fucking shit!!"
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Not in the way that he isn't dead, more of that he had a contingency plan, in case this sort of thing happened. Something through a character like Mike, who was conspicuously absent from the finale. I think Gus himself is dead as a doornail.

Conspicuously absent? Mike got shot and was recovering down in Mexico. He'll be back next season.

You think Gus is dead? He is dead!!! There are a lot of flashbacks so I wouldn't be surprised to see Gus again at some point.
  • Options
    I also said, "so that's why the title is Face Off..." :shock:
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Am I the only one who firmly believes that by the time it's all said and done, Breaking Bad will not only be the best show on TV, but the best show ever?

It may already be the best show ever. I've never seen a show that gives me so much anxiety. It's amazing that the last 10 seconds of the finale completely changed what I thought was going on. The writing, acting, and directing are all impeccable.
    62698 E Troy, 81800 Indy, 42303 Champagne, 42503 Cleveland, 10204 Toledo, 10304 Grand Rapids, 91105 Kitchener, 51606 Chicago, 51706 Chicago, 62606 St. Paul, 8507 Chicago, 82109 Toronto, 82309 Chicago, 82409 Chicago, 5910 Cleveland, 9311 E Troy, 9411 E Troy, 91111 Toronto, 92112 Pensacola, 71913 Chicago, 101113 Pittsburgh, 101213 Buffalo UPCOMING: Cincy, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, St Paul, Milwaukee
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    DS1119 wrote:
    EZ1221C wrote:
    I don't want to wait til next summer for this show to come back. That was absolutely nuts. Something inside tells me Gus ain't out just yet.

You did see half of his head blown off right? Also, they mentioned during the news cast in the show that three poeple were confirmed dead. If they write Gus back into the show after this damage to the head it would be very hard to swallow. :lol:

breaking-bad-gus-face.jpg

Aside from the neat special effects, am I'm the only one that thought this was kind of a stupid inclusion?

Did the writers even consider being realistic?

I think the scene would've been much more powerful had they just sat on the explosion for a bit, people running up to the room, and then cut to the next scene.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I think the scene would've been much more powerful had they just sat on the explosion for a bit, people running up to the room, and then cut to the next scene.
    I thought that was what made the episode, I see Gus come walking out, fixing his tie, and I am thinking oh shit this guy just wont die and next season is gonna be an all out war-then the camera pans to the other side of his whats left of his face and he drops-awesome drama.

but I did notice that the right of his face was farthest from the bomb-that was the goof-it would have been the left side that got blown off. I think.

And Walt will have to answer to the cartel at some point-he just cut off one of their big money makers and an elder was killed. The last season ends with walt blowing up mexico! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Get_Right wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I thought that was what made the episode, I see Gus come walking out, fixing his tie, and I am thinking oh shit this guy just wont die and next season is gonna be an all out war-then the camera pans to the other side of his whats left of his face and he drops-awesome drama.

but I did notice that the right of his face was farthest from the bomb-that was the goof-it would have been the left side that got blown off. I think.

And Walt will have to answer to the cartel at some point-he just cut off one of their big money makers and an elder was killed. The last season ends with walt blowing up mexico! :lol::lol:
    I'm pretty sure Gus cut off all ties with the cartel after he murdered a bunch of them.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

:

A little geekish here by me but...he would have turned to his left to spin towards the door of the room to escape. That's how I think the right side of his face was blown off. :ugeek:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

:

A little geekish here by me but...he would have turned to his left to spin towards the door of the room to escape. That's how I think the right side of his face was blown off. :ugeek:

Yeah, wasn't that the way that he turned when he realized there was a bomb under the wheelchair??
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

:

Yeah, wasn't that the way that he turned when he realized there was a bomb under the wheelchair??

I believe it was..now I'm going to watch it on demand tonight because I have to know!! :lol:
  • Options
    NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    when gus walked out, it was like "holy shit, yo, this dude is freaking impossibly bad ass..."

i think it is awesome that the writer's were able to get the entire audience to simultaneously go, "WTF."

that's all the show was going for... and who's to say it's not possible to have happened that way?

there are a bunch of directions the show could go next season.

i think the only guarantee is walt v. hank.

walt v. jesse is possible, of course, but walt never revealed that he let jesse's girl die, so... unless walt made a mistake and left evidence of his poisoning the kid, or if walt neglects to throw away the flower and jesse realizes what the flower is, i don't know if we'll get to see walt v. jesse... if the kid had died, however, i would think differently.

can't believe we have to wait another 9ish months...
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure Gus cut off all ties with the cartel after he murdered a bunch of them.
    That is true.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

:

I didnt notice if he turned or not.....
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    I didnt notice if he turned or not.....

I thought he turned that way. Maybe I was imagining that...
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    NoCode416 wrote:
    when gus walked out, it was like "holy shit, yo, this dude is freaking impossibly bad ass..."

i think it is awesome that the writer's were able to get the entire audience to simultaneously go, "WTF."

that's all the show was going for... and who's to say it's not possible to have happened that way?

walt v. jesse is possible, of course, but walt never revealed that he let jesse's girl die, so... unless walt made a mistake and left evidence of his poisoning the kid, or if walt neglects to throw away the flower and jesse realizes what the flower is, i don't know if we'll get to see walt v. jesse... if the kid had died, however, i would think differently.

Jesse has to find out about what Walt has done to him eventually (at least about Brock) and I think Mike is how that happens. Mike is not gonna be happy when he gets back, he already hates Walt, and Jesse has already started to have a similar (but better) relationship with Mike as he does with Walt. My prediction is Walt Vs. Jesse next year, Walt vs Hank in the 6th and final season.
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Heisenberg wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:

Jesse has to find out about what Walt has done to him eventually (at least about Brock) and I think Mike is how that happens. Mike is not gonna be happy when he gets back, he already hates Walt, and Jesse has already started to have a similar (but better) relationship with Mike as he does with Walt. My prediction is Walt Vs. Jesse next year, Walt vs Hank in the 6th and final season.
    Season five is the last year. AMC is giving them 16 episodes to wrap everything up.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

Season five is the last year. AMC is giving them 16 episodes to wrap everything up.

They have said that they may break it up into 2 seasons. I sure hope they don't do that. Getting another 8 episodes and then having to wait for the final 8 would be brutal.
  • Options
    Great ending to the season. Even though it seemed like the big stuff happened sort of quick. And not really a cliff hanger or anything.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    Ok....I am half-way through season 2

I am at the point where Jessie's parents took his house away and he's in an apartment and he's got those 3 lackeys working for him

Walt's brother-in-law just threw Tuco's grill into the river :lol:

Wow..what a show so far

The acting is phenomonal
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options

I am at the point where Jessie's parents took his house away and he's in an apartment and he's got those 3 lackeys working for him

Wow..what a show so far

The acting is phenomonal

It's one of those shows you watch and wonder "how the hell did this end up on AMC"? I wonder how many bigger cable channels passed on it before it was brought to AMC.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Wow..what a show so far

The acting is phenomonal

It's one of those shows you watch and wonder "how the hell did this end up on AMC"? I wonder how many bigger cable channels passed on it before it was brought to AMC.

Thats absolutely why I missed 4 seasons of the show

I never watched AMC much. Maybe the occassional movie but never faithfully

Yeah these TV studios have to be kicking themselves big time

• Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Wow..what a show so far

The acting is phenomonal

Thats absolutely why I missed 4 seasons of the show

I never watched AMC much. Maybe the occassional movie but never faithfully

Yeah these TV studios have to be kicking themselves big time

I'm sure someone at HBO got an earful about the show. :lol::lol: Maybe even some network stations.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'm sure someone at HBO got an earful about the show. :lol::lol: Maybe even some network stations.

Definitely !!

Would have been a great HBO series

When I click on this thread I just scroll down as fast as I can not to read any spoilers

:lol:

• Options
    DS1119 wrote:

Definitely !!

When I click on this thread I just scroll down as fast as I can not to read any spoilers

:lol: It's a great show. Enjoy!!!
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    DS1119 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Definitely !!

:lol: It's a great show. Enjoy!!!

Why would it ever have needed to be on HBO? They pretty much do and say whatever they want on AMC. While most of the best shows on television do belong to HBO, I think sometimes they go a bit overboard by adding shit you can't do on network or regular cable just because they can, not necessarily because it's needed.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Why would it ever have needed to be on HBO? They pretty much do and say whatever they want on AMC. While most of the best shows on television do belong to HBO, I think sometimes they go a bit overboard by adding shit you can't do on network or regular cable just because they can, not necessarily because it's needed.

At least I now know what your name is about

;)

• Options
    The acting is phenomonal
    Can't remember if I mentioned this in this thread already but my old roommate and I were big fans of Bryan and he was pretty much the reason we watched Malcolm in the Middle. We knew he would go on to do something incredible, wow, did he ever!

I'm not going to give anything away for you Phantom, just want to say the guy that plays Gus is amazing.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I started watching it after some twitter buds raved about it continually, and found it to be super addicting. The 4th season finale is one of the most amazing hours ever. The level of intrigue, double and triple plotting, the convoluted loyalties, are mind boggling. I have a lot of sympathy for Jesse who still seems a very poignant character.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008