Options

Breaking Bad...

Comments

• Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    When Gus gets his revenge, he gets his revenge!

Very cool that he saved Jesse's life too. Could have easily got rid of him.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    voidofman wrote:

This show gets better every week. What an episode that was on Sunday.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

This show gets better every week. What an episode that was on Sunday.

This last Sunday's episode may have been the best of the entire series.
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    voidofman wrote:

Jesse could have done the same if you really think about it. The show is so awesome!
  • Options
    walt can just die now as far as i'm concerned. this show is now all about Jesse. even the skyla tax department storyline is better then what walt has been up to the last few Eps.

jesse, mike and gus are carrying the show now. no hank this week either after his awesome scene last week??
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    now go get me my phenylacetic acid, asshole.
    wah
  • Options
    walt can just die now as far as i'm concerned. this show is now all about Jesse. even the skyla tax department storyline is better then what walt has been up to the last few Eps.

jesse, mike and gus are carrying the show now. no hank this week either after his awesome scene last week??

Walt won't be dying anytime soon. He's the main character! Walt really hasn't done much the past few episodes, but I think that is just how they are showing Walt is out of the loop right now and Jesse is definitely more loyal to Mike/Gus than he is to Walt. That has become pretty obvious now since Jesse could have easily taken out Mike/Gus after Mike got shot.
  • Options

Walt won't be dying anytime soon. He's the main character! Walt really hasn't done much the past few episodes, but I think that is just how they are showing Walt is out of the loop right now and Jesse is definitely more loyal to Mike/Gus than he is to Walt. That has become pretty obvious now since Jesse could have easily taken out Mike/Gus after Mike got shot.

Well he's got to die sometime. I'd like to think walt dying doesn't mean the end of the show. They way they are building the Jesse storyline and how he handled showing the cartel how to cook I think shows that he can easily carry on with out walt. Walt's death can also bring up new skyla/walt jr storylines, and can also bring up new leads in hanks case some how.

And I don't think Jesse could have easily taken out mike and gus after mike has been shot, he still needed Gus to get back out of Mexico. But after the way he handle the cartel I wouldn't be surprised now if Gus approaches Jesse about being able to continue without walt and start thinking about if he needs to keep walt around after the shit he has been trying to pull on mike and Gus lately.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    It just came up on Netflix...5 episodes in and I'm HOOKED!!!!

:mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    thefixer9 wrote:
    It just came up on Netflix...5 episodes in and I'm HOOKED!!!!

:mrgreen:

:thumbup:
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Does Jesse's loyalty actually lie with Gus now though? I can't see him and Walt ending the season being totally apart from each other.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Jennytree wrote:
    Does Jesse's loyalty actually lie with Gus now though? I can't see him and Walt ending the season being totally apart from each other.

I can't see that either. I think some how Walt will get back in the loop of things.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

I can't see that either. I think some how Walt will get back in the loop of things.

I think Jesse's loyalty was w/ Walt before they had that fight. Like I said earlier in the thread, Jesse could have easily taken out both Gus and Mike at the end of last episode, but he chose not to.
  • Options
    According to Wikipedia (take it as you will):

"On August 14, 2011, AMC announced that Breaking Bad was renewed for a fifth and final season. The season will consist of 16 episodes to end the series, instead of the usual 13."

It looks like Season 5 will be the final one.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    How has no one posted about last Sunday's episode....

That was some intense shit near the end...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

Dude, how does this show keep getting better every week? It's unreal.

Every episode has been so intense. Only 2 more left this season!
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

Dude, how does this show keep getting better every week? It's unreal.

Every episode has been so intense. Only 2 more left this season!

I honestly don't know what to expect. I mean, Walter is in a real shit creek situation here.

Even with Gus's threat, how does Walt not intervene. Just like he said to Saul, Hank doesn't deserve what's coming to him, and if he does get it, Walter has to live with that... if he is able to.

Even with Gus being really the villian in this, I think he's my favorite character on the show. He's ruthless, yet at first he seemed very welcoming and the ideal business partner.

Skylar really drove a nail in the coffin so to speak., but I understand why she had to do it. However she has always rode Walt's case for bad communication, which he does have, but she intentionally kept him in the dark about it when she herself said if they were going to succeed at this there must be no secrets. Obviously Walt hasn't been truthful since then either, but Skylar's little secret is really the turd in the punchbowl here.

Don't get me started on Ted, that guy was a fucking douchebag idiot.

The only thing I can possibly think of is that Jesse actually goes through with poisoning Gus.... if he does, what rammifications will there be seeing that Don Eladio is dead, Mike is in critical condition...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I honestly don't know what to expect. I mean, Walter is in a real shit creek situation here.

Even with Gus's threat, how does Walt not intervene. Just like he said to Saul, Hank doesn't deserve what's coming to him, and if he does get it, Walter has to live with that... if he is able to.

Even with Gus being really the villian in this, I think he's my favorite character on the show. He's ruthless, yet at first he seemed very welcoming and the ideal business partner.

Skylar really drove a nail in the coffin so to speak., but I understand why she had to do it. However she has always rode Walt's case for bad communication, which he does have, but she intentionally kept him in the dark about it when she herself said if they were going to succeed at this there must be no secrets. Obviously Walt hasn't been truthful since then either, but Skylar's little secret is really the turd in the punchbowl here.

Don't get me started on Ted, that guy was a fucking douchebag idiot.

The only thing I can possibly think of is that Jesse actually goes through with poisoning Gus.... if he does, what rammifications will there be seeing that Don Eladio is dead, Mike is in critical condition...

Gus is great! Definitely my favorite character on the show. Giancarlo Esposito is a great actor.

Walt and Skylar have both fucked up big time. I'm glad that Ted is gone....was never really a big fan of that whole storyline.

That would be crazy if Jesse went through w/ taking out Gus. Does that mean Jesse would be the new druglord??? Can't wait for Sunday.
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I loved it when Walt was in the crawl space, realized just how fucked he was without the money to get them all out because his wife gave most of it to her former boss that she fucked and just started laughing.
  • Options
    voidofman wrote:
    I loved it when Walt was in the crawl space, realized just how fucked he was without the money to get them all out because his wife gave most of it to her former boss that she fucked and just started laughing.

His laugh was maniacal!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    I hope they reveal how the kid was actually poisoned. From the cast interviews on AMC it seems like Gus had nothing to do with it.

Best show on tv.
  • Options
    NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    I hope they reveal how the kid was actually poisoned. From the cast interviews on AMC it seems like Gus had nothing to do with it.

Best show on tv.

i doubt they'd do it this way, but it would make for quite a twist...

they didn't show what walt was up to earlier that day when jesse showed up at his place... what if walt viewed this as his only option... poison the kid to get jesse's attention and then convince jesse that it was gus, to get jesse on his side. that is the only way walt could even potentially get gus to come out in the public (to kill gus). at this point, killing gus is walt's only chance... perhaps he justified the possible loss of the kid's life?

again, i can't really see the show portraying walt in this way, but from what we saw, it is a possibility.. and it would be nucking futs, which this show is great at achieving.
  • Options
    How the hell did Gus know that Walt had something planted in his car?!?!? That last scene was so intense...my heart was literally racing as Gus stood there looking out from that parking garage. WTF is going to happen in this season finale...I can't wait.
  • Options
    How the hell did Gus know that Walt had something planted in his car?!?!? That last scene was so intense...my heart was literally racing as Gus stood there looking out from that parking garage. WTF is going to happen in this season finale...I can't wait.

very intense... gus must have realized that jesse is pissed at him... meaning that jesse may be with walt now... but know that jesse is pissed at him would require him to know that jesse once had intentions of poisoning him... shouldn't that be an automatic death sentence? who knows?

i thought it was strange that the two dudes with gus didn't really react to the fact that gus was just standing there for what seemed like 30 minutes.

can't wait for next sunday... it will be very difficult for the show to meet my expectations, but somehow i think it will.
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    NoCode416 wrote:

Best show on tv.

they didn't show what walt was up to earlier that day when jesse showed up at his place... what if walt viewed this as his only option... poison the kid to get jesse's attention and then convince jesse that it was gus, to get jesse on his side. that is the only way walt could even potentially get gus to come out in the public (to kill gus). at this point, killing gus is walt's only chance... perhaps he justified the possible loss of the kid's life?

again, i can't really see the show portraying walt in this way, but from what we saw, it is a possibility.. and it would be nucking futs, which this show is great at achieving.
    I can't remember where, but there was an article where the creator of the show said we'd end up hating Walt by the end of the series.
  • Options
    NoCode416 wrote:

I can't remember where, but there was an article where the creator of the show said we'd end up hating Walt by the end of the series.

I can't see them turning Walt into someone who would kill a child. Shouldn't we already hate Walt anyways? At first, this was all about making money for his family to survive on after he died from cancer. Now his health is better and he stayed in the drug game and endangered the lives of his family and almost got his brother in law killed.

I don't get how this is going to go on for 16 more episodes after next week's finale!
  • Options
    NoCode416 wrote:

I can't see them turning Walt into someone who would kill a child. Shouldn't we already hate Walt anyways? At first, this was all about making money for his family to survive on after he died from cancer. Now his health is better and he stayed in the drug game and endangered the lives of his family and almost got his brother in law killed.

I don't get how this is going to go on for 16 more episodes after next week's finale!

walt would have left the drug biz, but he knew he couldn't because he knew too much in gus' eyes.

i can't imagine what next season will be either... gus must survive on sunday night, in my opinion... otherwise, why would walt bother with meth?

there must be some crazy twist on sunday, right? walt poisoned the kid, or jesse dies, or maybe walt's wife gets killed by gus...

i just can't see them killing gus. but maybe that will be the crazy twist...
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    They don't seem to like Jesse to have his shit together for very long. I'd be willing to bet the kid simply got the cigarette out of Jesse's bag to "be like him" which will send Jesse into another tailspin of self-loathing because he will once again lose the only thing he has that is even close to a family. No way Gus knew about it, and no way Walt would do something like that.

There is no show on television that is nearly as good as Breaking Bad. It still boggles my mind that "Mad Men" is the AMC show that gets most of the attention.
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    http://i52.tinypic.com/2lkbgnc.png

This is a poisonous plant, White Monkshood.

(Heh...White)
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    GD274660 wrote:
    http://i52.tinypic.com/2lkbgnc.png

This is a poisonous plant, White Monkshood.

(Heh...White)

Wow...nice investigative work. I hope it isn't the case that Walt poisoned Brock, simply because I think it's thin. Walt doesn't know anything about that kid, where to find him, etc. It's also thin that he would think, if I do this, Jesse will come after me, I can trick him into thinking it's Gus and then we can kill Gus?