Why can't every day be like Friday was...

2»

Comments

• samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Post Pearl Jam depression is the worst!!!!

Now that I've seen them live, it's like a drug! I need more!!!

Today was a really tough day at school- all I could think about was Pearl Jam!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    friday was pretty awesome

took the circle line around the island

had lunch in the village with a friend

pre-party

2 hours and 45 minutes of rock and roll

hanging with friends after the show

in bed by 5:30am

thanks pearl jam

:mrgreen:
  • Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    This was my first tour where I've seen more than just one show. I went to Newark and msg2. How the hell do you all do it?!?!?!? Some of you go to around 5 shows in one tour. I saw PJ twice in one week and now I've just been sitting home depressed! I'm watching live at the garden as I type this and it's just making me miss MSG more!

2 shows is enough for me, any more and I may become clinically depressed!
    Hi, I'm not clinically depressed...
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    PJ withdrawal has strongly sunk in.
    the 4 shows i saw this tour was just so fucking good.
    i neeed moreee
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • bosdiegobosdiego Posts: 11
    Yeah, my wife and I's reenactment of john candy and steve martin from trains, planes and automobiles yesterday on the way to JFK was a real kick in the nuts....and then I woke up this morning. I don't even think I can listen to PJ for a week because I might have a breakdown. Hford, Bos, and MSG x2 were fucking incredible. What a vacation. Love this band so much.
    Dodge Music Center - Sep 13, 1998 * Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003 * Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003 * Fleet Center - Sep 28, 2004 * Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004 * Cox Arena - Jul 07, 2006 * The Forum - Jul 09, 2006 * Eddie Solo - Spreckels Theater - April 15, 2008 * Gibson Amphitheater - Sep 30, 2009 * Gibson Amphitheater - Oct 01, 2009 * Gibson Amphitheater - Oct 06, 2009 * Gibson Amphitheater - Oct 07, 2009 * Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009 * Mt Smart Stadium - Nov 27, 2009 * AMI Stadium - Nov 29, 2009 * XL Center - May 15, 2010 * TD Banknorth Garden - May 17, 2010 * Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010 * Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
  • jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    norm wrote:

pre-party

thanks pearl jam

Right! No doubt lots of us had great days even BEFORE the 5/21 Show of Legend (which we might as well dub it, by now). Me & Billy: Central Park/Strawberry Fields; visiting various locations of NYC KISS lore (Dressed to Kill album cover corner, their original practice spot; mindblowing pizza at Lombardi's; wandering east/Greenwich village...would've been a great day right there, but then Pearl Jam BLEW OUR MINDS. Amazing amazing amazing day.
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    jwagner wrote:
    norm wrote:

pre-party

thanks pearl jam

Right! No doubt lots of us had great days even BEFORE the 5/21 Show of Legend (which we might as well dub it, by now). Me & Billy: Central Park/Strawberry Fields; visiting various locations of NYC KISS lore (Dressed to Kill album cover corner, their original practice spot; mindblowing pizza at Lombardi's; wandering east/Greenwich village...would've been a great day right there, but then Pearl Jam BLEW OUR MINDS. Amazing amazing amazing day.

im still in awe.. three days later :P Seriously..like how the heck did i pull off 12th row center(which felt more like 8th row center with how the floor at the garden is set up).. for such an epic show .. i am humbled .. that is all :cry:
  • Little ItalyLittle Italy Posts: 404
    Great thread Mandi! Withdrawals SUCK!!! but I agree, if we had the opportunity to see them everyday it wouldn't be as special!!!!!

Hell Id be happy if i could just see all my pj buddies more than just when pj tours lol at least i could talk to people who "get it" .. its just nice having people to hang out with who like good music.. its harder to come by than one might think in everyday life.

Likewise. Stop using telepathy on me!
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Great thread Mandi! Withdrawals SUCK!!! but I agree, if we had the opportunity to see them everyday it wouldn't be as special!!!!!

Hell Id be happy if i could just see all my pj buddies more than just when pj tours lol at least i could talk to people who "get it" .. its just nice having people to hang out with who like good music.. its harder to come by than one might think in everyday life.

Likewise. Stop using telepathy on me!

Im in your brainz... thinking up all your thoughts :mrgreen:
  • KatyaKatya Posts: 12
    I'm from Toronto and when I first went to the Buffalo show on May 10 I was so pumped, dying of anticipation for the 2 amazing shows yet to come at MSG. When I saw the first show in NYC I was speechless and delirious and unexplainably happy and just kept thinking how incredible it was that I still had the second show to look forward to. After the most amazing craziest engaging show on the second night, when I walked out of MSG I just put my hands at my sides and the first thought running through my mind was "What do I do with my life now?!?!?" :cry: I was dreading that moment so much!! But those 2 shows will be lingering in my mind for the rest of my life (just like all the other ones that I have seen over the years) and will put a huge smile on my face whenever I remember that I was lucky enough to be part of all of that amazing energy.

Knowing that all you guys are in my boat with me definitely gives some comfort :)

Thank you PJ for giving me a reason to smile randomly like a crazy person while I listen to your songs on the way to my boring job, and for giving me something incredible to look forward to, and for giving my emotions a direction!

Now we have the next PJ shows to look forward to, which will come sooner than we think :)
    This city is so filthy, like my mind in ways