Options

PJ Wedding Song

13»

Comments

• Options
    Tora74Tora74 Posts: 107
    Welp I walked down the isle to Just Breathe :) On May 18th. I really don't think you can pick a better one but there are soo many go ahead and try

Oyeah might wanna follow it up with Without You by Eddie but I feel bad leaving the other guys out so they gotta play backup hehe

Anything you pick will be perfect trust me I know OH as long as it is Pearl Jam :mrgreen:
    Things were different then. All is different now.
    3.29.94 St. Pete, FL
    9.21.12 Pensacola, FL
    11.1.13 New Orleans, LA
    10.14.14 Memphis, TN
    4.13.16 Jacksonville, FL
    EV 11.21.12 Memphis, TN
    EV 11.28.12 Orlando, FL
  • Options
    Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924
    Future days is the song me and my girl have decided to dance to.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Update: sirens would be a great song for a weddjng, just behind just breathe.
  • Options
    Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924

I don't think so.. Lol
  • Options
    ethanpoundethanpound Posts: 1
    Sirens is quite ambiguous at points, which is one of the reasons I like it and other songs. I don't necessarily want to know what the meaning is, just that I like it, and that I enjoy listening to it over and over... Good for a wedding? Maybe - but I prefer it quite loud in my car as I come home...

As others have pointed out, Just Breathe is very appropriate - one of the few love-song-like tracks really... My wife and I danced to it as our first dance, and neither of us had a second thought, although she's "just" a fan. For us, it was a reference to meditative thought, to simplification, to "boiling things down" to the important parts. Forget everything else, just trust in what you have and believe in the moment, because that's all we have. I like the somewhat optimistic tones sprinkled in to some songs on their last couple albums, which are actually some of my favorites even though I was in high school when Ten came out.
    ELP
  • Options
    dicodico Posts: 3
    Got married September 18th 2010, strangely the same day as Eddie!! Decided on just breathe as our wedding dance,my wife isn't even a fan but she loves it. Also played yellow Ledbetter as the last song of the night. Beautiful day , great memories. Good luck with your big day.
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited May 2014
    PEARL JAM performs JUST BREATHE to open up the first encore at their concert live in OKLAHOMA CITY, OK at Chesapeake Energy Arena on 11/16/13. Eddie chats with the crowd beforehand and talks about who in the band went to college, going on to say that "I Won't Tell You What Stone Sticks in My Face." lol Ed. Then a girl in the crowd gets Ed's attention to tell him that she wants to propose to her boyfriend,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIv42F2rjp8&list=RDkIv42F2rjp8#t=3
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Versus13Versus13 Vancouver, BC Posts: 192
    Sirens might be good
    Pittsburgh, PA 10/11/13
    Detroit, MI 10/16/14
    Tampa, FL 4/11/16
    Jacksonville, FL 4/13/16
    Toronto, ON 5/12/16
    Chicago, IL 8/22/16
    Chicago, IL 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL 8/20/18
    Boston, MA 9/4/18
    Ottawa, ON 9/3/22
    Hamilton, ON 9/6/22
    Toronto, ON 9/8/22
  • Options
    mandm621mandm621 moran, mi Posts: 93
    just breathe, its beautiful, perfect for a wedding.

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited May 2014
    Treyert14 said:

Future days is the song me and my girl have decided to dance to.

I'm a wedding photographer and that is the winner. Just Breathe is good too, but to me it's more of an end song than a beginning song.

All of Me by John Legend is going to be a big choice this summer.

Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Angie-laAngie-la Posts: 44
    Strange request, can anyone help?
    I'm in the middle of moving so all my CDs are packed away in storage. I'm getting married in the fall and am going to put a PJ quote on my invites but I really want to make sure I get it just right. It's the last 2 lines of parachutes:
    And Love,... What a different life
    Had I not found this Love with you

Any chance someone could post a pic of the lyric page from the album for me? I want to make sure it looks just right (and confirm the lyric credit goes to Eddie? The PJ website just credits Pearl Jam as the artist)

Thanks!
    Vancouver 1998 - Calgary, Edmonton 2005 - San Francisco I & II 2006 - Vancouver I & II 2008 (EV) - Calgary, Vancouver, San Diego 2009 - Dublin 2010 - Seattle 2011 (EV) - Alpine Valley, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, 2011 - Stockholm, Copenhagen 2012 - Phoenix, LA1, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver 2013 - Mountain View 2014 - Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto 2016 - NYC 2017, London, Seattle, Missoula 2018
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863

I was waiting for someone to say Sirens....I would love that one, I think I may pick it for my vow renewals if my hubs and I do that....I think it's gorgeous!

Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited June 2014
    Hubs and I met at PJ20 and got married before the EV solo show in Memphis. We have YOU ARE engraved in our wedding bands and also danced to it at our wedding party. When we started out, I was still living in Germany. We had a long distance relationship for a year or so while we were waiting for my visa to come through. You Are was a song that somehow appealed a lot to us, it just fit perfectly. We're going to have our second wedding anniversary this November :)

I do love the Parachutes lines as well, I chose these for my fan portrait in Buffalo last fall.
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on