Options

PJ Wedding Song

Comments

• Options
    LastExit23LastExit23 Posts: 32
    I am pretty sure I am going with Parachutes. I always though it would be cool if we were dancing to the song and people dropped down the little Parachute men. Instead of our tables being numbered, each is going to be named after a PJ song with the head table named after the wedding song (parachutes). The light years table is going to be candles for each of our dead family members who couldnt be there. Just a few PJ related ideas. I have.
    let the ocean swell, dissolve away my past...
  • Options
    jryan1981jryan1981 Posts: 35
    Me and my girl friend decided if we got married Just breath would be our first dance song
  • Options
    I'm getting married in 2012 (before the end of the world hopefully :shock: ) and was thinking of "Just Breathe", but think we'll go with "You Are".

Love is a tower / and you're the key
    * Barclays Center NY 10/19/14 * Centre Bell QC 9/7/11 * Madison Square Garden NY 9/11/98 7/8/03 7/9/03 6/24/08 6/25/08 5/20/10 * Wachovia Spectrum PA 10/28/09 * Continental Arena NJ 6/1/06 6/3/06 * Nassau Coliseum NY 4/30/03 * Jones Beach NY 8/23/00 8/24/00 *

• Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Well,on a show in Belfast,just a couple of days ago,Eddie dedicated a song to a newly married couple who had their wedding reception.... at the show! :) They brought 18 of their guests,we were all their guests too i think :D Anyway,the song Eddie dedicated to them was AmongThe Waves. Maybe that's an idea? :)
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    eMJot wrote:
    Well,on a show in Belfast,just a couple of days ago,Eddie dedicated a song to a newly married couple who had their wedding reception.... at the show! :) They brought 18 of their guests,we were all their guests too i think :D Anyway,the song Eddie dedicated to them was AmongThe Waves. Maybe that's an idea? :)

I would go with Amongst the Waves but then again i am biased :D;)

We also had: Hard Sun
    No Ceiling
    You Are
    Love Boat Captain playing in the church while we signed the wedding register but it was that quick we didnt even get the whole way through Hard Sun :lol:

By the way still waiting on everyones wedding gift from that night. :lol:
  • Options
    nyypj10nyypj10 Posts: 33
    Hail, hail. -- Hail, hail the lucky ones I refer to those in love yeah!! I've always thought the "are you woman enough to be my man?" lyric is one of the most brilliant lyrics I've ever heard.
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    Im getting hitched next year myself. Im going with Blood, fuck it :twisted:
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    I'm now getting married... Got engaged in berlin last week... and we've sussed our first dance song already 8-)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    luanisluanis Posts: 159
    so what was the chosen song? :)
    Pearl Jam:
    Restelo Stadium - May 23rd 2000 ; Pavilhao Atlantico - Sep 4th 2006 ; Passeio Maritimo Alges - Jun 8th 2007 ; Optimus Alive! - Jul 10th 2010 ; NOS Alive - Jul 14th 2018

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Sudoeste Festival, Zambujeira do Mar - Aug 3rd 2012 ; Super Bock Super Rock, Meco - Jul 18th 2014
    _____
    Next?
  • Options
    I recently got engaged myself, and the wedding is looking like 2012!!

I think iv convinced my girlfriend on Just Breahte I just love it, she is not a big PJ fan like me but likes some of there songs! I think she is onboard with it though :D as she loves it too.

Have to say after listening to Throw your arms around me a lot!!!!!! lately Im starting to consider it too, great song! hmmmmmmmmmmmm :?

Also at a weding lately and the first song was the Ramones "baby I love you" it was great and went down really well I think!
    Drop the leash, Drop the leash........
  • Options
    I got married in 26 December 2009
    and my friends who got a band of tribute to PJ played in my wedding!
    thhey didn't play blood or wws...I asked to them a god setlist!! you know! It was my wedding

they played
    oceans
    off he goes
    last kiss
    just breath
    ledbetter
    the end

It was beatiful
    I got memories i got shit
  • Options
    MotoDCMotoDC Posts: 947
    I got married in 26 December 2009
    and my friends who got a band of tribute to PJ played in my wedding!
    thhey didn't play blood or wws...I asked to them a god setlist!! you know! It was my wedding

they played
    oceans
    off he goes
    last kiss
    just breath
    ledbetter
    the end

It was beatiful
    Well color me jealous. That friggin' rocks my socks.

The gf and I got engaged a couple weeks ago, looking at a spring wedding 2011. She's not a PJ fanatic like I am, but she supports my habit (haha), so she's willing to consider a PJ song for our first dance. Just Breathe is I think our best bet, but we're still undecided. I almost wish I could find a good cover of it, sung by a softer, more feminine voice. Ed's voice has rocked my eardrums for almost 20 straight years and I wouldn't have it any other way, but he's just a touch too rock and roll for a first dance methinks.
  • Options
    junkyard76junkyard76 Uruguay Posts: 1
    Hi, i´m going to get married next year, and i´ve chosen Thin Air, perfect lyrics, that´s may humble contribution.
    Congratulations for your wedding.
  • Options
    ZimzuMZimzuM Posts: 209
    didnt see this thread before posting mine, im having a similar issue
    2/3/98 Melbourne, 18/2/03 Melbourne, 19/2/03 Melbourne, 20/2/03 Melbourne, 4/9/06 Lisbon, 5/9/06 Lisbon, 7/9/06 Madrid, 9/9/06 Marsielle, 11/9/06 Paris, 7/11/06 Sydney, 8/11/06 Sydney, 10/11/06 Brisbane, 11/11/06 Brisbane, 13/11/06 Melbourne, 14/11/06 Melbourne, 16/11/06 Melbourne, 20/11/00 Melbourne
  • Options
    ElusiveElusive Posts: 203
    I'm getting married in Nov and our song is going to be Parachutes. We used the lyrics on our invitations too. Also, each table is going to be named after a PJ song, rather than a number.
    Also, me and my husband will play Harvest Moon for our guests with our band.
    I was thinking about walking down the aisle to Arc, but then decided on the beginning of Chloe Dancer...just the opening piano part.
    NY 4/17/94, NY 9/28/96,Camden 9/2/00, Philly 4/28/03,Camden 7/5/03, 7/6/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Holmdel 7/14/03, Reading 10/1/04, Camden 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07, Camden 6/19/08, 6/20/08, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, EV solo 8/5/08, 8/7/09,6/11/09,6/12/09, Chicago 8/24/09, Philly 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, Newark 5/18/10, MSG 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, EV Solo 6/21/11, 6/22/2016, PJ20, Brooklyn 10/18/13, 10/19/13, Philly 10/21/13, 10/22/13, Philly 4/28/2016, NYC
  • Options
    How about Longing to Belong?
  • Options
    Sorry to drag up an old thread, but im trying to get a copy of pearl Jams version of Cant help falling in love on cd, as we are using it for our first dance at our wedding. I know its from the christmas single (which i dont have) and presumably its vinyl anyway. just wondering does anyone know can you you buy it anywhere or download it from somewhere and burn to cd? Im not great at changing formats of stuff!! :shock:
    Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated!
    Cheers
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    My wife, let's just say, is not a pearl jam fan. So when we got married, at the time, last kiss just exploded on the radio. She actually liked the song. She obviously refused to have it be our wedding song. But after we danced to that horrible theme song to the movie armageddon by aerosmith, we danced to last kiss :D .
  • Options
    MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    TH223984 wrote:
    Im getting married in 4 weeks and want to have a PJ song as our 1st dance. Its hard to find a song that would work. Any suggestions? I love "Come Back" but having a hard time convincing the future wife.

'Just breathe' no question!!!! :D
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • Options
    "Walk With Me" with Neil Young from Bridge School 10/23/2010 --- it's great.

Makes me think of the amazing man in my life. He's a pretty cool dude that I'd walk awhile with.
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids, MI
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
    09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI
    09/04/11 Alpine Valley, WI
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    MissJam81 wrote:
    TH223984 wrote:
    Im getting married in 4 weeks and want to have a PJ song as our 1st dance. Its hard to find a song that would work. Any suggestions? I love "Come Back" but having a hard time convincing the future wife.

'Just breathe' no question!!!! :D
    I agree. Just breathe is a good one
  • Options
    -pjman--pjman- Posts: 2
    Hello all

I am getting married in June and have been searching for a wedding dance song by PJ. To get across the line with a PJ song(as I cant imagine anything else) I have to find a song to reflect the day and not just a nice tune to dance to. I will report back my final choice.

To be honest, all of the suggestions on this thread have been good but am finding the songs have the right sound and speed but lyrics wise dont get me across the line.

So far I like 'Walk with me' from Bridge School with Neil Young to be honest but the searching will continue.
  • Options
    Oceans, Love boat captain, You are, Smile :D
    Satellite or You're True by Eddie
    They'd be my pick
    Light your pillow lay back watch the flames
  • Options
    MotoDCMotoDC Posts: 947
    One recommendation I'd like to make -- and this is what my wife and I did at our wedding -- is to pick a few songs to be played instrumentally during the ceremony and cocktail hour, rather than as your first dance. We hired an acoustic guitarist for not too much money and he was able to interpret Given to Fly and Just Breathe very well into ceremony-appropriate songs. We walked out of the ceremony to him playing Given to Fly. Awesome.

I suggest it bc I agree, it's hard to find a PJ song with words that are universally-appropriate for a first dance. Most of ed's writing, even his "love songs", tend to have a darker side as well. Awesome for listening and singing along to, not necessarily so awesome for celebrating a new union to. :P

Best of luck either way. I know I was really stoked to be able to fit PJ into my wedding, so I hope you are able to figure out a good way as well!
  • Options
    I think thats a great idea MotoDC, Iv organised an acoustic guitarist to play at our drinks reception in when everyone is mingling and having a few drinks (the first of many id imagine over the course of the night) and he is going to do a lot of the Into the Wild soundtrack by Eddie and some PJ songs! Really looking forward to that just hoping I wont miss all of it wth photos!! :shock:
    MotoDC wrote:
    One recommendation I'd like to make -- and this is what my wife and I did at our wedding -- is to pick a few songs to be played instrumentally during the ceremony and cocktail hour, rather than as your first dance. We hired an acoustic guitarist for not too much money and he was able to interpret Given to Fly and Just Breathe very well into ceremony-appropriate songs. We walked out of the ceremony to him playing Given to Fly. Awesome.

I suggest it bc I agree, it's hard to find a PJ song with words that are universally-appropriate for a first dance. Most of ed's writing, even his "love songs", tend to have a darker side as well. Awesome for listening and singing along to, not necessarily so awesome for celebrating a new union to. :P

Best of luck either way. I know I was really stoked to be able to fit PJ into my wedding, so I hope you are able to figure out a good way as well!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    We had Ukulele Songs playing while all the guests arrived for our garden wedding, and I walked down the aisle (or actually the garden path!) to Melancholy and The Infinite Sadness (Smashing Pumpkins). For our first dance we chose Mazzy Star's Fade Into You.
    We thought long and hard about a Pearl Jam song, but we just couldn't come up with one that had the right meaning or sound. And really, we figured if we were going to dance to Pearl Jam singing a cover and not a PJ original, then we may as well find something that fit a bit better.

There was a decent amount of PJ played though throughout the night. It was awesome. :D:D

Oops!!! hahaha, I have just realised that I have been logged in as my husband and not myself!!! So if you are reading this, imagine that me, Stardust1976, has written it. Because I have, well, just not as me! Hehehe. Hope I didn't confuse anyone! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Jam.HeadJam.Head Posts: 23
    superj72 wrote:
    Live (slow version) cover of "Can't Help Falling In Love".

p.s. If you can't agree on a Pearl Jam song, she's probably not the one. Nice girl no doubt. Just not THE one.

Haha there IS truth to this! I don't think I could marry my fiance if he wasn't a huge fan too. It's far too important...;) I think we're going to get married to either 'Just Breathe' or 'Can't Help Falling in Love', and our first dance will likely be to 'Come Back' (even if it only makes sense to us) ;)
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    We had a bunch of songs that told our story before the ceremony, You Are was one of them.

The first song we played as we walked back up the aisle was Hard Sun.

Around the Bend was the song playing when I danced with my 1 year old daughter.

Can't Help Falling in Love With You, I'm the Ocean, Face of Love and Of the Girl were some others we played at the reception.
  • Options
    Black TunaBlack Tuna Posts: 12
    Lukin...the perfect wedding song