Options

London drinks Thurs 24/6 - no booking, just show up

Comments

• Options
    philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    chime wrote:
    philthehip wrote:
    chime wrote:
    Don't want to rain on your guys parade :oops: .... oh yeah what about rain :P

Think someone needs to look into the rules for using the park ;)

I don't think you are allowed really large gatherings without permission and their may be fees ... also no loud music :?

Yer I was thinking about the law side of it. No fun allowed in England :lol:

It makes sense though ... loads of families trying to enjoy the park and then a few hundred people are allowed to turn up and disturb the peace (not us you understand ... but other groups if it was allowed ;))

We would never cause a booze fuelled ruckus in Hyde Park :D
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    philthehip wrote:
    chime wrote:
    philthehip wrote:
    Yer I was thinking about the law side of it. No fun allowed in England :lol:

It makes sense though ... loads of families trying to enjoy the park and then a few hundred people are allowed to turn up and disturb the peace (not us you understand ... but other groups if it was allowed ;))

That would be just perfect .... everyone getting banned from Hyde Park the day before the show :evil: :lol:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    chime wrote:
    philthehip wrote:
    chime wrote:

That would be just perfect .... everyone getting banned from Hyde Park the day before the show :evil: :lol:

Hahaha shall we go somewhere else :lol:
  • Options
    Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    which teams play at 24th?

Denmark vs Japan

Cameroon vs Netherlands

Slovakia vs Italy

Paraguay vs New Zealand
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159

Denmark vs Japan

Cameroon vs Netherlands

Slovakia vs Italy

Paraguay vs New Zealand
    nothing special...so where we meet?? :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642

Denmark vs Japan

Cameroon vs Netherlands

Slovakia vs Italy

Paraguay vs New Zealand
    nothing special...so where we meet?? :D

Nothing special? its the world cup, every game is special :roll:
  • Options

Nothing special? its the world cup, every game is special :roll:
    better to chat and drink with friends..+ its not the nock-out matches where are the whole story..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Hub. wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    Edit: How about somewhere with a garden? For if the weathers nice.

You never can be sure the weather will be good and since you have, in some way, to "book" the pub really early, I don't think you can take the risk. :(

Or, maybe you mean a pub with a garden, is that it? ;)

Most definately!!
  • Options
    theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    when is greeces first game..opps i forgot they didnt make it...dimi you can be the eurofan boy...keep everyone happy..england will more then likely be out by then.

come on someone has to be loaded and have a big house...whos garden can we use.

Is the queen a pearl jam fan :?:
  • Options
    when is greeces first game..opps i forgot they didnt make it...dimi you can be the eurofan boy...keep everyone happy..england will more then likely be out by then.

THEY DIDNT MAKE IT???DREAM SMALL BOY....
    12/06 GREECE vs KOREA
    19/06 GREECE vsNIGERIA
    22/06 PEARL JAM ...i mean GREECE vs ARGENTINA :D
  • Options
    SkosnikSkosnik Posts: 46

12/06 GREECE vs KOREA
    19/06 GREECE vsNIGERIA

D., pray for EU not to scratch your attendance at world championship... ;)
    just kidding.. I couldnt resist :)
    peace and love
    Prague 2000, 2006, 2012, Vienna 2006, Katowice 2007, Berlin 2010,2012
  • Options
    Skosnik wrote:

12/06 GREECE vs KOREA
    19/06 GREECE vsNIGERIA

D., pray for EU not to scratch your attendance at world championship... ;)
    just kidding.. I couldnt resist :)
    peace and love
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVDoHFiuYfA
    ;)
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Hinn wrote:
    Intrepid Fox, a Goth place around the corner as well, is bigger and might be an option.
    Does that mean we all have to wear black eyeliner? Oh well, I'm just gonna follow your ass anyway :P
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    chime wrote:

I don't think you are allowed really large gatherings without permission and their may be fees ... also no loud music :?
    Time like this i love Greece for not be organized and everybody can do what they want!! :)
    whatever people want im in..i guess hinn will find the best choise,so wait and see :D
    I got side-tracked, had beers in Richmond (hi Rita!) and then went back to doing Be At One cocktails in Putney all afternoon. Then all evening. Which isn't central London so it's a trek for people to get to.

I suck at organising.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    Hinn wrote:
    chime wrote:

Time like this i love Greece for not be organized and everybody can do what they want!! :)
    whatever people want im in..i guess hinn will find the best choise,so wait and see :D
    I got side-tracked, had beers in Richmond (hi Rita!) and then went back to doing Be At One cocktails in Putney all afternoon. Then all evening. Which isn't central London so it's a trek for people to get to.

I suck at organising.
    all will be ok!!!u doing a great job hin!!!no worries..we wait u to update us..
    + there is always the option all come to your house!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hinn wrote:
    .....had beers in Richmond (hi Rita!)

:wave:
  • Options
    how many people do you think will turn up.

Think Manchester pre-party was a couple of hundred??? ... Waxy's before London 07 similar
  • Options
    chime wrote:

Think Manchester pre-party was a couple of hundred??? ... Waxy's before London 07 similar
    this time will be more....
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,989

Well, hinn could update the first thread post, could you? ;)

I mean, those who are going to the pre-party could tell and give the number of people coming them.

For instance, I'll be there with my girlfriend.
  • Options
    Hub. wrote:

For instance, I'll be there with my girlfriend.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Hinn you could look through these http://www.traditionalpubslondon.co.uk/

The one called The Old Explorer says it has a room that holds 160 ... some of the others say they can hold over a hundred

These websites also list some

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/re ... m_for_hire

http://www.citypublife.co.uk/functionrooms9.htm
  • Options
    chime wrote:

The one called The Old Explorer says it has a room that holds 160 ... some of the others say they can hold over a hundred

Hinn - The Explorer would be alright (and it is literally across the road from The Phoenix). It has a good downstairs area and if there are more people that make it then they could spill over into the upstairs area. I can make some inquiries about it if you want.

Otherwise the Intrepid Fox sounds good.

We should try and lock something down shortly. Let me know if want any help.
  • Options
    chime wrote:

Hinn - The Explorer would be alright (and it is literally across the road from The Phoenix). It has a good downstairs area and if there are more people that make it then they could spill over into the upstairs area. I can make some inquiries about it if you want.

Otherwise the Intrepid Fox sounds good.

We should try and lock something down shortly. Let me know if want any help.

I had thought about where you had the Immagine screening but thought it may not be large enough ... plus the room didn't have it's own bar :shock: ;)
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    I had thought about where you had the Immagine screening but thought it may not be large enough ... plus the room didn't have it's own bar :shock: ;)

Yeah that place in Soho (called The Bath House) is unfortunately nowhere near big enough.

It would be good to get out own area and bar somewhere - I'm happy to come to the party with a deposit for a place (if it is reasonable).

I'd also like for there to be some kind of fundraising effort in conjunction with Wishlist or even just for a local charity - I'd be willing to organise this but we need a place before anything can be sorted.
  • Options
    Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    redrock wrote:
    Bastards flashing their money! I like the Intrepid Fox, decent music. A couple of years ago, a bunch of us ended up there. Don't really expect PJ though, and you don't really get 'requests'. There is a 'band' space upstairs. Might be free seeing it's a Thursday. Should get Pearl Jammed to come and play!
    Ahhhhh good times :D

Although I don't like the pub, that was a great night :thumbup:

Alas, I have no preference though... we will not be there as we don't get into London until about 12pm on the 25th.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

Although I don't like the pub, that was a great night :thumbup:

Haha, yeah it was! Jaysis I remember being quite drunk, shite talking at Dave about Soundgarden I think. He had a :eh: look on his face. Some things never change :lol:

ETA: I don't arrive till the 25th either, my contribution is useless :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!