anyone else sad?

2»

Comments

• starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    I'm relieved it's over actually. No more worrying about tickets... money... buying merch... travelling... will my flight be cancelled, pissing off my boss by missing work, etc. There is a lot of stress that goes into attending multiple shows and, although they were amazing shows (the ones I saw anyway), I'm glad to get back to life for a while. Yes the shows are supposed to be a relief and therapeutic in a sense but that's not "real life".

It's like going to an amusement park as a kid or something... you always want to go back! Only we're not kids anymore and most of us have responsibilities we can't neglect.

I've found that listening to the boots is enough to keep me going until the next time and there will ALWAYS be a next time. :D

But, yes, that "ah, fuck, it's over" feeling lingers a little bit for a week or so. 8-)
  • veddergirl232veddergirl232 Posts: 157
    I completely agree with you. I feel exactly the same way. As much as I love this band, it is not really reality...as long as you keep it all in perspective it's perfectly fine, but I know for me, it can become an addiction for me. That happened to me in 1994 when I first got into them, and that's why I had to pull away. I am 31 years old now, not a child anymore, I work full time, am going back for my masters degree and have bills to pay. It's hard for me to pay to travel to see them, buy merch, tickets etc. It's all great and it was awesome to see them 4 times this tour, but I know now I gotta get back to reality, until I see them on their next tour! ;)
    I'm relieved it's over actually. No more worrying about tickets... money... buying merch... travelling... will my flight be cancelled, pissing off my boss by missing work, etc. There is a lot of stress that goes into attending multiple shows and, although they were amazing shows (the ones I saw anyway), I'm glad to get back to life for a while. Yes the shows are supposed to be a relief and therapeutic in a sense but that's not "real life".

It's like going to an amusement park as a kid or something... you always want to go back! Only we're not kids anymore and most of us have responsibilities we can't neglect.

I've found that listening to the boots is enough to keep me going until the next time and there will ALWAYS be a next time. :D

But, yes, that "ah, fuck, it's over" feeling lingers a little bit for a week or so. 8-)
    "If you knew me you wouldn't love me"- EV April 17, 1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    alisonk wrote:
    I completely agree with you. I feel exactly the same way. As much as I love this band, it is not really reality...as long as you keep it all in perspective it's perfectly fine, but I know for me, it can become an addiction for me. That happened to me in 1994 when I first got into them, and that's why I had to pull away. I am 31 years old now, not a child anymore, I work full time, am going back for my masters degree and have bills to pay. It's hard for me to pay to travel to see them, buy merch, tickets etc. It's all great and it was awesome to see them 4 times this tour, but I know now I gotta get back to reality, until I see them on their next tour! ;)

I'm totally addicted as well... aye there's the rub ;)
  • nykoellenykoelle Posts: 80
    My only regret is that I chose fiscal responsibility and only went to two shows. Next tour... definitely going to double that. MSG 2 was too awesome.
  • sabreleafsabreleaf Posts: 310
    I had the privelage of going to Cleveland,Buffalo and Hartford this tour. Now I am taking one for the team and I am taking my wife to Bon Jovi July 9th at the New Meadowlands Stadium. How can I go from deep well thought out music and amazing talent to candy ass pop music. Oh, well I can't wait to check out the new football stadium. Wife loves PJ too.....
    Going to be weird now going to a show without the intesity from both myself and the band.
    Ohh were half way there..Oh.oohh I'm going to pull out my hair.
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    Am I sad? Hmmm... Not in the slightest!

Now I don't have to keep reading incredible setlists and wishing I could have been there.

I'm pretty damn happy the tour's over, as it happens... cos the next time PJ are on stage, it'll be in my hometown.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2