anyone else sad?

veddergirl232veddergirl232 Posts: 157
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Sad that there east coast tour is over. Of course, I'm happy and greatful to have gotten to see them both MSG shows and Buffalo and Newark, but now I want more. PJ is like a drug to me, i really hope they come back to the east coast this fall , though they probably won't, or at least sometime next year. There MSG 2 show was one of the best concerts I've ever been to in my life. Thanks PJ!!!
"If you knew me you wouldn't love me"- EV April 17, 1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Post tour depression sucks.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Nope , i'm good.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    sad that i didnt get to see them at all... yes :(

next time around

parents just gave me some frequent flyer miles... ill go see em somewhere cool
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    i've been sad for nearly 6 months..
  • joeybucketsjoeybuckets Posts: 511
    at least we will have the boots soon. :D
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    ill be like that at 11th july...now im freakin happy!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • idreaminredidreaminred Posts: 314
    I feel the same way...I think a trip out west might be in my near future. My company is HQ'd in Seattle, so I might have to coordinate a 'business trip' once they schedule a west coast tour. ;)
  • MoonTurtleMoonTurtle Posts: 752
    very

I did a bit of comm service , trying to snap out of it -- I felt like an idiot being sad about concerts.

IT SOOO DIDN'T WORK!!!!!

blah :arrow:
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    hold on to the thread
    the currents will shift

...next stop Ireland...

WOOHOO :D
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • veddergirl232veddergirl232 Posts: 157
    I'm sad that I didn't get to meet Eddie. It's always been a dream of mine...but I did give him a letter at the Newark show on Tues. Well I gave to the sec. guard and they said they'd get it to him for me. I think they did bc he played BRY at the garden 2 and I requested him to in my letter. So I can't complain. I travel all over the US for my job, I'm thinking if there's a chance to go somewhere where they will be, I'm going! I'll be in Seattle next month for a few days, it'd be great to see them there if they play. Can't afford to go all the way to Europe, but if I could, I would.
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    alisonk wrote:
    I'm sad that I didn't get to meet Eddie. It's always been a dream of mine...but I did give him a letter at the Newark show on Tues. Well I gave to the sec. guard and they said they'd get it to him for me. I think they did bc he played BRY at the garden 2 and I requested him to in my letter. So I can't complain. I travel all over the US for my job, I'm thinking if there's a chance to go somewhere where they will be, I'm going! I'll be in Seattle next month for a few days, it'd be great to see them there if they play. Can't afford to go all the way to Europe, but if I could, I would.

thats so cool that they played BRY after you had mentioned it in letter

the band really listens to their fans - myself and my wife pretty much asked matt and stone for the guys to come north of dublin and play a show in belfast for a change - three months later tour dates come out and lo and behold there we are dub & felbast on the same tour - magic! :D
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    Yeah, I also got a letter from Ed and front row tix to his NYC Paramount show in 1994...I think he is great, and I know he really cares about his fans. That's what I love so much abt this band!
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763
    I have serious tour hangover... It really sucks that it is over and I have no idea when I will get to see them again....

I have tickets to Neil young at a small venue I Houston, iron maiden, MGMT, and tool all in the next month... And the depression is still setting in since Monday in Boston..
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    I know how you feel. I slept until 1pm today. I think we are all just spoiled...it's like the more we get the more we want, at least that's how I feel. It sucks that they only come to NYC every 2 years. I have been out of the whole PJ loop since around 1998 and only recently got into them again. After my experience with Eddie in 1994, I just got so into it, and I felt like it was taking over my life, because I lived and breathed Pearl jam every moment. Now that I saw them again after so many years (last time to see them was 2003 at MSG) it brings back a lot for me, I realize how wonderful they still are. I have so much respect and admiration for them. I just want to see them again soon! :cry:
  • realmgeorgerealmgeorge Posts: 301
    I'm pretty bummed. the string of 5 shows I went to was so awesome, I thought the band was really on fire this tour... my first two MSG shows, oh my god...words cannot describe the energy or the experience in that room. I will not miss an MSG show ever.

The only bummer was that loser guy who brought his kid in section 11. He got a setlist because his kid was there and people were getting thief pics taken with the set.. a nice girl asked to have her picture taken and while her sister was taking it, he felt her up.... twice! she struggled to get him off and looked really offended. I considered beating his ass, but instead went off on him and told him behaving like that is pathetic, much less with his young son there..... I don't understand who guys think they are when they pull shit like that. I felt so bad for that girl....

last night I was section 11 row L..... the people behind me were so fucking cool. a couple from San Fran and 2 dudes, I don't remember where they were from, just a wonderful bunch of hardcore pj fans. hunger strike absolutely floored our whole section.

so sad it's over, so thankful for this band. SEE YOU IN SEATTLE IN OCTOBER!!!!
    and love, what a different life had I not had this love with you.
    Hoping that works for me

I asked Ed on Thurs night to return :mrgreen: (with PJ) to a venue he played during his solo tour -- he made note and motioned to the guy with him if he remembered. So yay!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

belfast1 wrote:
    alisonk wrote:

thats so cool that they played BRY after you had mentioned it in letter

the band really listens to their fans - myself and my wife pretty much asked matt and stone for the guys to come north of dublin and play a show in belfast for a change - three months later tour dates come out and lo and behold there we are dub & felbast on the same tour - magic! :D
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    I got a little bit of post tour depression. At least the bootlegs will be here in a few weeks.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    I'm pretty bummed. the string of 5 shows I went to was so awesome, I thought the band was really on fire this tour... my first two MSG shows, oh my god...words cannot describe the energy or the experience in that room. I will not miss an MSG show ever.

The only bummer was that loser guy who brought his kid in section 11. He got a setlist because his kid was there and people were getting thief pics taken with the set.. a nice girl asked to have her picture taken and while her sister was taking it, he felt her up.... twice! she struggled to get him off and looked really offended. I considered beating his ass, but instead went off on him and told him behaving like that is pathetic, much less with his young son there..... I don't understand who guys think they are when they pull shit like that. I felt so bad for that girl....

last night I was section 11 row L..... the people behind me were so fucking cool. a couple from San Fran and 2 dudes, I don't remember where they were from, just a wonderful bunch of hardcore pj fans. hunger strike absolutely floored our whole section.

so sad it's over, so thankful for this band. SEE YOU IN SEATTLE IN OCTOBER!!!!

that is sad abt that girl...terrible...are they really playing in October?? If that's true I'll have to make a trip out there for business then!
  • alisonk wrote:
    I know how you feel. I slept until 1pm today. I think we are all just spoiled...it's like the more we get the more we want, at least that's how I feel. It sucks that they only come to NYC every 2 years. I have been out of the whole PJ loop since around 1998 and only recently got into them again. After my experience with Eddie in 1994, I just got so into it, and I felt like it was taking over my life, because I lived and breathed Pearl jam every moment. Now that I saw them again after so many years (last time to see them was 2003 at MSG) it brings back a lot for me, I realize how wonderful they still are. I have so much respect and admiration for them. I just want to see them again soon! :cry:

Get help.
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    Support group needed
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763
    Support group needed

The only support group I need is AA... and i ducked out of that 10 minutes in... :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    This was the first tour where I've been to 2 shows instead of just one.... The suckage definitely increased for me.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    The only thing that will brighten my spirits is the Philly box set in my mailbox or on the doorstep in the following days.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    no support group needed at all...
    He stayed... in his room with memories for days
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    I'm sad I was only able to catch one show.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    I'm sad I was only able to catch one show.
    GO HAWKS :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Post Pearl Jam Performance Syndrome.

Please refer to recent bootlegs and DVDs to alleviate the symptoms,

and just hold on until the next tour.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org