Comments

• Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    so how do we know if its real?

I can go get one of those boards and have someone sign it to.

signed stuff on ebay makes me a little weary.....especially at the price that board is going for
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    pceluvpjpceluvpj Posts: 15
    don't know if it's real. Just read up on the Lizzy Alive Board. Didn't know about this. Geez, where have I been, lol. Great story for a great cause. Hope all is well with Lizzy! Wish her nothing but the best!
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    pceluvpj wrote:
    don't know if it's real. Just read up on the Lizzy Alive Board. Didn't know about this. Geez, where have I been, lol. Great story for a great cause. Hope all is well with Lizzy! Wish her nothing but the best!
    geez mate thanks heaps,
    she is doing really well, pretty, healthy and robust 4 and a half year old
    The surfboard should be up again for auction soon.
    Quiksilver Surf company bought it at auction last November and donated it back to me, they just got all their team to sign it at the quiksilver Pro on the gold coast QLD Australia. They should be getting it back to me soon so I can put it back up for sale, starting price this time will be what they paid for it $1500 competition will be tough though. I know Ripcurl surf company and Ocean and Earth surf company want to get it to do the same.
    The generosity is outstanding. not only in $$ but in support and good wish's. Im extremly humbled by this, at first by MARK and Eds efforts but more so by the people I have come to know a bit through this site and my myspace page
    I REALLY HOPE THIS BOARD DOES AS WELL AS WHAT MINE DID.
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    geez mate thanks heaps,
    she is doing really well, pretty, healthy and robust 4 and a half year old
    The surfboard should be up again for auction soon.
    Quiksilver Surf company bought it at auction last November and donated it back to me, they just got all their team to sign it at the quiksilver Pro on the gold coast QLD Australia. They should be getting it back to me soon so I can put it back up for sale, starting price this time will be what they paid for it $1500 competition will be tough though. I know Ripcurl surf company and Ocean and Earth surf company want to get it to do the same.
    The generosity is outstanding. not only in $$ but in support and good wish's. Im extremly humbled by this, at first by MARK and Eds efforts but more so by the people I have come to know a bit through this site and my myspace page
    I REALLY HOPE THIS BOARD DOES AS WELL AS WHAT MINE DID.

Well I actually feel much better knowing I was outbid by Quiksilver who donated it back to you. I went as high as $1,300, so i'm glad it worked out the way it has. Cant wait to see what it goes up to again - ALL THE BEST!!! :):)
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    cheers mate your a legend
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    that sure looks genuine
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Well, that IS Ed holding up the surfboard...

I've been bidding like mad on this thing...for my husband. He's not sick with anything, but he is a good guy...This board would be USED and not hung on a wall or stuffed into a basement corner...that is, if I won...still not sure though...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Cool! That makes me want to take up surfing!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    I can't believe this is up to $911.dammit! Less than an hour left...and crap! I wanted to get this sooooo badly, but for that kind of dough, I could probably take my hubby to hawaii and rent a board.

Well, whoever gets it, I hope they appreciate it as much as I would have - and not turn around and flip it for more $$$...but what are ya gonna do? If I really didn't want that to happen, I'd buy it...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    8 minutes left and its at $1125....too rich for my blood....
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,016
    3 min ....

go gogo
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    too bad for me i didn't see this before i bought my new tv...oh well maybe something cool will be up next tax season.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    ===
  • Options
    $1325...That would pay for a week-long condo rental on Maui...I'd rather do that...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    Well I'm shaking like a leaf and feel sick......has been a long week waiting for this to end!!!!

I just want you all to know that it's coming to a very good home and in no way will it ever be sold again.......I wanted this board more than just about anything I've ever wanter and it's PRICELESS to me. I'm so glad the money is going to such wonderful causes :)

Sorry to any of you that wanted it :o, but I was determined to get it :).
  • Options
    Well I'm shaking like a leaf and feel sick......has been a long week waiting for this to end!!!!

I just want you all to know that it's coming to a very good home and in no way will it ever be sold again.......I wanted this board more than just about anything I've ever wanter and it's PRICELESS to me. I'm so glad the money is going to such wonderful causes :)

Great Job....
    Great Cause !!!

Congrats !!!!

Muddy
    ===
  • Options
    Mudfest wrote:
    Great Job....
    Great Cause !!!

Congrats !!!!

Muddy
    Thanks Muddy :)

Can't wait to get my hands on it now!!!!

FARK! I need a drink....I'm still shaking like anything :eek:
  • Options
    $1325...That would pay for a week-long condo rental on Maui...I'd rather do that...
    Not for me, it wouldn't.
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    Congratulations!

That picture of Ed cracks me up for some reason.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    Congrats, though! You gave me a good run...and some seriously tense moments a whole pile of thinking really hard....

I think I'll get my SUP board early and take it Vancouver and have Ed sign it. Do you think they'll let me in the theatre with it?
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965

Congrats! I'm so happy for you. :) I actually thought about bidding for a second, but have no use for it. I'm sure it's in it's perfect home. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,603

well done :) here's hoping the board has a safe trip down to you, enjoy it!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    Congrats from the mob at the Australian thread Kylie! :):D
  • Options
    is this the board on ebay?

Cause if you can't tell, that is ed's board.

lol.
    :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,930

Congratulations! Hope that you enjoy it.

Cheers!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Mudfest wrote:
    Great Job....
    Great Cause !!!

Congrats !!!!

Muddy
    Just got final shipping price :eek: US$965.00 :eek: (I kinda expected it....but FARK!!) I wouldn't mind if that money was going to the charities, but begrudge it going to a shipping company :(

Oh well.....it's paid for and should be in my hot little hands by 31st March :D WOO-HOO!!!
  • Options
    Just got final shipping price :eek: US$965.00 :eek: (I kinda expected it....but FARK!!) I wouldn't mind if that money was going to the charities, but begrudge it going to a shipping company :(

Oh well.....it's paid for and should be in my hot little hands by 31st March :D WOO-HOO!!!

$1000 for shipping??! Ouch! Are they flying it First Class by any chance? And here I was worred I'd have to pay $200 for shipping....Man, that really sucks...but hey, you got something very one-of-a-kind...are you gonna use it, or display it?? I was planning on actually using it. Good job you got it!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    $1000 for shipping??! Ouch! Are they flying it First Class by any chance? And here I was worred I'd have to pay $200 for shipping....Man, that really sucks...but hey, you got something very one-of-a-kind...are you gonna use it, or display it?? I was planning on actually using it. Good job you got it!
    Yeah, I started getting quotes last week and that was the cheapest :eek:

It still came within the budget we'd set for this board, so it's fine - the board's PRICELESS in my oppinion, but as I said.....I'd be a lot happier if all that money was going to charity :)

I was planning on using it as both art, hanging on a bracket on the wall AND taking it for at least 1 ride in the Indian Ocean :D
    BUT
    I need to wait til I get it. I know the pick has just been glued on and assume the waves and signatures have just been put on with texta for the auction. So if that's the case, I won't be putting it in the water because, it would all wash off.
  • Options
    Another FANTASTIC PJ related board up for auction, raising money for another wonderful cause :)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220313208544