msgII re-release/cancellation line

2»

Comments

• rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 306
    Vic in Chicago was more difficult, but I actually made it into that one with some trading....

The Vic in Chicago might have been the easiest show i've ever bought tickets for. Logged onto the Goods section, hit F5 once, hit F5 again, saw the "buy" button and put in my credit card info. less than 30 seconds and $160 later, I had Vic tickets! :twisted:
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    rlaidepeas wrote:
    Vic in Chicago was more difficult, but I actually made it into that one with some trading....

The Vic in Chicago might have been the easiest show i've ever bought tickets for. Logged onto the Goods section, hit F5 once, hit F5 again, saw the "buy" button and put in my credit card info. less than 30 seconds and $160 later, I had Vic tickets! :twisted:

I wish I hadnt heard this... I had tickets to a Sox game that day and considered skipping out on it, but ultimately figured I had no chance to pull tickets... FML I shouldve tried :evil:
  • LivingBubbaLivingBubba Posts: 135
    adspj wrote:

what could you have possibly traded to get into that show?!?! :shock: :? :?:

I traded an opened Benny for one ticket. I have never seen a more difficult ticket than that one at the venue, there were people looking everywhere and there were ZERO tickets. Obviously if you breezed through the website when they went on sale, but as far as finding tickets at the show there were none.
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,342
    I have never seen a more difficult ticket than that one at the venue, there were people looking everywhere and there were ZERO tickets.

Yeah it was crazy. People had this look of empty desperation, like the fiends in Traffic.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • LivingBubbaLivingBubba Posts: 135
    Sadly that was me last Friday due to my own stubborness / stupidity. I should have backed out of the cancellation line around 7:00 and hunted for pond scum ...... live and learn!!
  • We waited in that line from about 520 until 9 when they closed it down - was so totally crushed to not get in but was just a major miscalculation on my part. Had a craigslist offer for sec 124 Row A for $220/pair earlier in the week and just stubbornly did not want to pay more than face, felt really broke, wasn't sure what to do - but that would have been so worth it. I'm happy that I scored a 10c single on Thursday night and had an amazing time, but missing this show was just a big mistake. Live and learn - but the way those 10c tickets sold out right away I'm not sure I'll ever have a chance to get them, don't have fast internet at work or the ability to sit there for hours refreshing...