**Favourite Pearl Jam Moment**

2»

Comments

• FeintFeint Posts: 31
    Since I've only been to one show this is pretty easy. The crowd singing Betterman with EV just standing on the stage playing was pretty epic. This was at the Boston show on Monday.
    Pearl Jam - Boston 5/17/10, Worcester 10/15/13, Worcester 10/16/13, Hartford 10/25/13
    EV Solo - Boston 6/16/11, Hartford 6/18/11
    Tres Mts. Boston 3/17/11, RNDM Boston 11/7/12
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    KANO PROPOSI STO OTI EPITELOUS FTASAME STIN ATHINA
    30-9-06
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • MC1173MC1173 Posts: 12
    There was a show I went to awhile back at the old Boston Garden (April 1994 perhaps, but I could have the wrong date). It was one of the earlier shows I went to.

At one point in the show, Eddie busted a hole in the stage floor with his mic stand then jumped though it, disappearing off the stage. My friend and I thought that was pretty damn funny/cool. We had a pretty good view of it, as we were in the balcony area just over the stage.

Oh, and I think they played Breath that night, which made it more cool :)
  • Well, my first PJ show obviously sticks out, as it was MSG 7/8/03 which later became the DVD.

But honestly I'd have to say my "moment" just happened. I won the lottery the other night in Boston, was front row in front of Stone, and when the boys came out for Release, with the blue ambient lighting, it was the single-most surreal experience I think I've had.

The whole night was amazing. So yeah, that would be mine.

You asked me about this in the Review thread, but yeah I must have been very close to you. We were standing right beside the guy in the orange shirt who rocked out the WHOLE time. I can see his arms in a lot of YouTube clips, and then I know I'm right there. :lol:

Anyway, my favorite moment would also have to be that night. Mostly, the second I found out I was front row, and then the second I heard Release...
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    LC wrote:
    7\2\03 - when Ed announced they would not be repeating a song during their 3 nite stand in Mansfield. Wow!

Dammit, you stole mine. ;)

Some others.

Boston Orpheum - 1994 ... hearing a few tunes that I'd never heard, finding out they were some of the best tracks off the upcoming Vitalogy, which is my favorite album (Not for You, Tremor Christ, Betterman) ... this whole show was crazy nuts.

Of the Girl opening Mansfield I in 2000, the best version of this tune I've ever heard.

Hearing them cover Know Your Rights at Mansfield 3 in 2003 ... Joe had passed no more than 6 months earlier, so, this meant a lot to hear.

Getting the feel of GA again during the San Fran run in 2006 ... my first non Boston area shows.

Munich 2007 - my first non US show ... experiencing that show with the Europeans was a treat.

MSG 2 - 2008 ... Ace freakin' Frehley!

Mansfield 2 - 2008 ... Opening with Wash ... wow. Also getting Satan's Bed after all these shows (more Vitalogy!).

Seattle 2009 .... NO WAY, first time in 11 years ... Ed's build up to playing that was fantastic.

And I'll throw in ...

EV solo, Berkeley 2 ... hearing Ed cover Pictue in a Frame ... beautiful, and when they wheeled Mike on stage, classic.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • LC wrote:
    7\2\03 - when Ed announced they would not be repeating a song during their 3 nite stand in Mansfield. Wow!

Me too! Those three nights were SO AMAZING!!!! And what about the acoustic set, too??

*sigh* if only I could meet Eddie, that would top it all....
    8/7/92, 4/12/94,10/2/96,9/15/98, 8/29/00,8/30/00,10/28/00,4/8/03,4/29/03, 7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/25/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/20/10, 9/7/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/25/13, 12/6/13, 4/8/16, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 5/6/22, 5/7/22
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    MC1173 wrote:
    T
    At one point in the show, Eddie busted a hole in the stage floor with his mic stand then jumped though it, disappearing off the stage. My friend and I thought that was pretty damn funny/cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecAXTP6rCys

There is an AWESOME picture of this moment captured in the Pearl Jam Book, Place/Date.

can't believe you were there! nice.

More stories, please :)

bump
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    One moment comes to mind. Opening with Long Road in Copenhagen in 2007 (first time in denmark since.....you know)
    It realli gave me the chills
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • wow so many

98 - first show, MSG , I GOT SHIT , i barley knew the song, i was like wow, then after the amazing show I remember being in the bathroom & people talking about the Jersey show before it & said they played SOLAT, i was like what ? they didnt play that tonight ? when i first realized they change the setlists up so drastically lol

Jones Beach 2 , 2000 - its ok tah

MSG 1 2003 - Breath/Crown of Thorns

MSG2 2010 - whole show, unreal

many more but those are top 3
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • MC1173MC1173 Posts: 12
    MC1173 wrote:
    T
    At one point in the show, Eddie busted a hole in the stage floor with his mic stand then jumped though it, disappearing off the stage. My friend and I thought that was pretty damn funny/cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecAXTP6rCys

There is an AWESOME picture of this moment captured in the Pearl Jam Book, Place/Date.

can't believe you were there! nice.

More stories, please :)

bump

Haha! Yeah, that was the show alright. I had almost forgotten about the part where he put on some basketball shoes before he did that. I think he had made some kind of comment earlier in the show about how there was alot of basketball heritage in the Boston Garden (and heritage in Boston in general).

Good find! Thanks! Brought back some nice memories.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Mansfield Night One, 2008 - the crowd going insane after the first chorus of Betterman. Ed had to back away from the mic for a minute or two...the place felt like it was going to explode.
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    LC wrote:

Me too! Those three nights were SO AMAZING!!!! And what about the acoustic set, too??

*sigh* if only I could meet Eddie, that would top it all....

I met Eddie after after the Toronto show in 2003. This was when he first announced to a group of fans in the parking lot after the show that the band was going to play every song in Boston.

My favorite Pearl Jam moment is either when Neil joined the band in Toledo or finally hearing Crown of Thorns at the last Spectrum show.
  • Corey LynnCorey Lynn Posts: 681
    Grand Rapids 06..I knew I was a part of something. It felt different that night. There was electricity in the air. And then Eddie came out after Baba and said "Grand Rapids, who knew? that was great, If they listen to the tapes its gonna sound like were just bullshitting, but you had to be there, this was really great tonight, thank you so so much" ...and at that moment I knew that they felt it too.

If I knew where it was I would take you there. There's much more than this