Tonight's NYC Pearl Jam Poster! :)

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,355
edited May 2010 in The Porch
http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspo ... -york.html

jeff+soto+pearl+jam+psoter.jpg

Good looking poster for the first of two nights in New York by Pearl Jam at Madison Square Gardens. Jeff Soto is the artist.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    thanks for posting, D
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,355
    I found it just seconds ago logging into my Facebook account! Can't wait to see the final tease!
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    demetrios wrote:
    http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspot.com/2010/05/tonights-pearl-jam-poster-from-new-york.html

jeff+soto+pearl+jam+psoter.jpg

Good looking poster for the first of two nights in New York by Pearl Jam at Madison Square Gardens. Jeff Soto is the artist.

Can someone just post the image in the thread, I can't open the link at work
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
    better POSTER pic:::

from @DirtyFrankDahmr witter

http://twitpic.com/1ph9wg
    103262560.jpg
  • i'm not feeling this one at all....in fact there weren't too many good ones on this whole tour IMO....bring back Brad!!!!!!! 1 poster from him isn't nearly enough!
  • arqarq Posts: 8,003
    It's a litho or a screenprint poster?
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    really awful
    arq wrote:
    It's a litho or a screenprint poster?

Screenprint!
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    So the up close pics beg the next question... sports shirt tonight? ;)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    This is a result of that damn PJ w/Cats thread!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    i'm not feeling this one at all....in fact there weren't too many good ones on this whole tour IMO....bring back Brad!!!!!!! 1 poster from him isn't nearly enough!
    yeah..i like New Orleans and Hartford only so far
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    The "block" on the head of the thing in the poster appears to be the NYC Sculpture, Alamo(The Cube) by Astor Place

Alamo (The Cube) is an outdoor sculpture by Bernard (Tony) Rosenthal, located on Astor Place, on the island of Manhattan in New York City. It takes the form of a black cube, 8 feet (2.4 m) long on each side, mounted on a corner. The cube weighs about 1100 kg (about 2500 lb). The faces of the cube are not flat but have various indentations, protrusions, and ledges. It is not widely known as Alamo, the name given on a small plaque on one corner of the base. Generally it is simply called The Astor Place Cube or The Cube.

Installed in 1967, it has since become a popular meeting place in the East Village. It stands in the middle of an intersection, across the street from both entrances to the Astor Place station of the New York Subway and the Cooper Union.

The Cube's distinguishing feature is that it can be spun on its vertical axis. One person can usually push it slowly with some exertion, and two or more people without trouble. Many people who move to New York consider turning the Cube to be a ritual signaling that they have "arrived" in the city. Sitting or sleeping in the shade of the Cube is also popular.

On March 10, 2005, the Parks Department removed the Cube for maintenance. The original artist and crew replaced a missing bolt, and made a few other minor repairs. A makeshift replica of pvc tubes named the Jello Cube in honor of Peter Cooper was placed in its stead. As of November 2005, the Cube returned with a fresh coat of black paint, still able to spin.

The identical Rosenthal Cube (officially titled Endover) stands on the campus of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan between the Michigan Union and the LSA Building. Rosenthal earned a bachelor of fine arts degree from the University of Michigan. The cube was donated by the class of 1965 and was installed in 1968. The Rosenthal cube also rotates but its pivot is sunken into the ground, as opposed to the pivot of the Alamo, which is on a separate platform.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    KO282453 wrote:
    This is a result of that damn PJ w/Cats thread!
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    drsluggo wrote:

Over @ the Given To Fly section, it's posted that there's no sports shirt tonight!
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    demetrios wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:

Over @ the Given To Fly section, it's posted that there's no sports shirt tonight!
    Wow... I'm surprised. Maybe inside only? Either way, thanks for letting me know! :)
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    interesting story about the spinnable cube, The Alamo.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • -decodified--decodified- Posts: 2,686
    demetrios wrote:
    The "block" on the head of the thing in the poster appears to be the NYC Sculpture, Alamo(The Cube) by Astor Place

Alamo (The Cube) is an outdoor sculpture by Bernard (Tony) Rosenthal, located on Astor Place, on the island of Manhattan in New York City. It takes the form of a black cube, 8 feet (2.4 m) long on each side, mounted on a corner. The cube weighs about 1100 kg (about 2500 lb). The faces of the cube are not flat but have various indentations, protrusions, and ledges. It is not widely known as Alamo, the name given on a small plaque on one corner of the base. Generally it is simply called The Astor Place Cube or The Cube.

Installed in 1967, it has since become a popular meeting place in the East Village. It stands in the middle of an intersection, across the street from both entrances to the Astor Place station of the New York Subway and the Cooper Union.

The Cube's distinguishing feature is that it can be spun on its vertical axis. One person can usually push it slowly with some exertion, and two or more people without trouble. Many people who move to New York consider turning the Cube to be a ritual signaling that they have "arrived" in the city. Sitting or sleeping in the shade of the Cube is also popular.

On March 10, 2005, the Parks Department removed the Cube for maintenance. The original artist and crew replaced a missing bolt, and made a few other minor repairs. A makeshift replica of pvc tubes named the Jello Cube in honor of Peter Cooper was placed in its stead. As of November 2005, the Cube returned with a fresh coat of black paint, still able to spin.

The identical Rosenthal Cube (officially titled Endover) stands on the campus of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan between the Michigan Union and the LSA Building. Rosenthal earned a bachelor of fine arts degree from the University of Michigan. The cube was donated by the class of 1965 and was installed in 1968. The Rosenthal cube also rotates but its pivot is sunken into the ground, as opposed to the pivot of the Alamo, which is on a separate platform.

http://www.tonyrosenthal.com/Alamo.htm
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
    demetrios wrote:

http://www.tonyrosenthal.com/Alamo.htm

Thanks! :)
  • TresentPenseTresentPense New York City Posts: 551
    Anyone know what table that was at? Because...it seems to have most/all of them!
    '98: 8/22
    '00: 8/23 8/24 8/25
    '03: 4/30 7/2 7/3 7/8 7/9 7/11
    '04: 10/1
    '06: 5/13 5/27 5/28 6/1 6/3
    '08: 6/24 6/25 6/27 6/28 7/1
    '09: 10/30 10/31
    '10: 5/15 5/18 5/20 5/21 6/25
    '11: 9/3 9/4
    '12: 9/2 9/22
    '13: 7/19 10/18 10/19 10/21 10/22 11/23 11/24
    '14: 10/19
    '15: 9/26
    '16: 4/8 4/9 4/11 4/28 4/29 5/1 5/2 8/5 8/7
    '17: RNRHOF 4/17
    '18: 9/2 9/4
    '21: 9/18
  • Sick. I love this.
  • -decodified--decodified- Posts: 2,686
    another pic...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_N5VYaU-tcbw/S ... 3+EDIT.JPG

sorry I don't know how to post pics here...
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    i'm not feeling this one at all....in fact there weren't too many good ones on this whole tour IMO....bring back Brad!!!!!!! 1 poster from him isn't nearly enough!

I resemble this comment.

Not the best, but definitely not the worst! ::cough:: Noblesville ::choke::
    [sic] happens
  • arqarq Posts: 8,003
    i'm not feeling this one at all...

+1 this poster is kind of "meh" :roll:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    that poster is not cool... BUT i didnt realize the keys were oping up for them! how long has that been going on? damn, both the keys, and BOH new albums are AMAZING!! especially BOH
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    That's possibly the worst poster I've seen in a long time!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    2010-05-20190712-1-2.jpg

I think it's fucking awesome. The Astor Place cube seals the deal for me. Spun the thing my first day at NYU over 10 years ago. I've always liked it for some reason. Not to mention the colors really pop and the detail is great.
  • JW0422JW0422 Posts: 170
    I think it's one of the worst I have seen too, the Newark poster was pretty cool I got one Tuesday nite, I am not sure if anyone has posted a picture of it on the forums but it kinda looks like Mike in flourescent green with a guitar and a peace of his head exposed with a look in to see some gears or something like that! Glad I got it, ames bros did it!
  • MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    I really like this poster. I need one... ;) Hook me up peeps!
    The Stars, the Snow, the Fire