The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,606
    Let’s go Tommy lad!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    edited March 2020
    Here is a link to a hole by hole tour of Cypress Point.  I had never seen this. Jim Nance narrates.

I knew the course was at the top but I am just in shock at how amazing this course is.  

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    Anyone been to the Secrets in Cabo? Wife and I are going there in a few weeks. Has a course on the resort that I'm looking to play a couple times. 9 holes designed by Jack, with the other 9 designed by Greg Norman--sounds kind of odd to me. I would assume the front and back will be pretty different. Anyone ever played there?

Also......maybe I am being paranoid, but what are your thoughts on traveling flying to Mexico with all this Corona virus nonsense going on? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,748
    Also......maybe I am being paranoid, but what are your thoughts on traveling flying to Mexico with all this Corona virus nonsense going on? 
    I don't think you're being paranoid. Being in airports, on planes, and in hotels seem like a little risky....but nothing that you can't combat with taking precautions. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750
    Anyone been to the Secrets in Cabo? Wife and I are going there in a few weeks. Has a course on the resort that I'm looking to play a couple times. 9 holes designed by Jack, with the other 9 designed by Greg Norman--sounds kind of odd to me. I would assume the front and back will be pretty different. Anyone ever played there?

I haven't been to the Secrets in Cabo but I've been to the location in Cancun.  Very nice place.  And we're actually going to the Riviera Maya location at the end of April for my friends wedding.  There's a Greg Norman designed 18 hole course there that I'm guessing we'll try to play.  I'm starting to get a little concerned about all this corona virus stuff too....should have bought the travel insurance on this one!!!
  • Options

I haven't been to the Secrets in Cabo but I've been to the location in Cancun.  Very nice place.  And we're actually going to the Riviera Maya location at the end of April for my friends wedding.  There's a Greg Norman designed 18 hole course there that I'm guessing we'll try to play.  I'm starting to get a little concerned about all this corona virus stuff too....should have bought the travel insurance on this one!!!
    I think you can still buy the insurance up until a day before you leave...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Supposed to speak at a massive Microsoft summit at their headquarters. Huge career break and the fucking thing is gonna at least get postponed, praying not cancelled 
  • Options
    Here is a link to a hole by hole tour of Cypress Point.  I had never seen this. Jim Nance narrates.

I knew the course was at the top but I am just in shock at how amazing this course is.  

Sweet fucking Jesus. That looks glorious, and hard. How do you hit some of those greens?

I think I like Augusta more though

Pine valley, Augusta and cypress point. Some lucky people get to play those 3
  • Options
    Supposed to speak at a massive Microsoft summit at their headquarters. Huge career break and the fucking thing is gonna at least get postponed, praying not cancelled 

That really sucks!  I'm sure you've already put a ton of work into.  Hopefully they reschedule. 
  • Options
    Is it the Mr Palmer circle jerk week?
  • Options
    YIIIIIIIIIIIKES. 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840
    Tiger not playing Sawgrass.
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    Tiger not playing Sawgrass.
    It ain’t good. 

How about Matt every going 65-85. Golf is wild 
  • Options
    Was easy to get excited after the Zoso and Pres Cup.   Obviously he is not practicing that much which makes it all the more impressive that he can still win tournaments.  

• Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Yeah I'm going all 4 days to The Players next week so I'm a little bummed I won't get to follow Tiger but there will be a ton of other great groupings. Especially the first 2 days. 
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    Yeah I'm going all 4 days to The Players next week so I'm a little bummed I won't get to follow Tiger but there will be a ton of other great groupings. Especially the first 2 days. 
    All four days?! Enjoy it man.

I am really disappointed Tiger won't be there. Hopefully he'll be at Augusta but I'm not holding my breath or expecting much now. Sucks. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:

I am really disappointed Tiger won't be there. Hopefully he'll be at Augusta but I'm not holding my breath or expecting much now. Sucks. 
    Back has to be bad. 2 months off going into e masters with no competitive golf is not good. If anyone can show up at that course and play it’s him, but definitely not ideal 
  • Options
    1 round under par yesterday. Absolutely love it.  Hope the wind kicks up this afternoon.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    bflynn1 said:

Yep all 4! Can't wait. I follow a group for 18 holes in the morning, then break for lunch, then follow an afternoon group for 18 holes. That'll be Thursday-Friday. On the weekend I'll follow a group around mid morning for 18 holes then catch the leaders teeing off on #1 and follow them the rest of the day.
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    The price of badges on the secondary market is tumbling, due to virus concerns.  And now that I'm not going to see PJ in AZ, I've got an open weekend.  Maybe I should take the plunge and dump a bunch of cash on a badge this year!  Of course, it's possible they could end up playing the tournament without fans if the virus gets really bad.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,840

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,526
    bflynn1 said:

Elin’s nine iron to the back is the gift that keeps on giving!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    bflynn1 said:

Yep all 4! Can't wait. I follow a group for 18 holes in the morning, then break for lunch, then follow an afternoon group for 18 holes. That'll be Thursday-Friday. On the weekend I'll follow a group around mid morning for 18 holes then catch the leaders teeing off on #1 and follow them the rest of the day.
    Scratch that... just one day I guess
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    bflynn1 said:
    bflynn1 said:

Scratch that... just one day I guess
    Sucks man...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Well it looks like golf will be the only sport going for the foreseeable future.  And not sure how long this will actually last....
  • Options
    Well it looks like golf will be the only sport going for the foreseeable future.  And not sure how long this will actually last....
    I mean, I hope they do so there is at least something to watch, but they can't be the ONLY sport that continues to play, right?
  • Options
    I mean, I hope they do so there is at least something to watch, but they can't be the ONLY sport that continues to play, right?
    Them and the XFL at this point, I think.
    lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Golf TV Ratings could go way up... Only sport on tv.. 20 golfers never coming close to each other..no caddies..no fans..remote controlled cameras... Greens and Tees Disinfected after each player ... 

let's hope not.. ;)
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    And boom goes the dynamite.
  • Options
    Well now there's officially no sports to watch.  This is crazy.  Was surprised the PGA was even trying to keep going....