Options

Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Mexico to deport those that violently rushed the border and caused the chaotic scene on Sunday.  Agree or disagree with this move?
    https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/11/26/us/san-ysidro-port-of-entry-migrant-arrests/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    PJPOWER said:
    Mexico to deport those that violently rushed the border and caused the chaotic scene on Sunday.  Agree or disagree with this move?
    https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/11/26/us/san-ysidro-port-of-entry-migrant-arrests/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F
    They are in Mexico. And tried to illegally cross the border. I think Mexico should deal with them in accordance with their laws. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    They are in Mexico. And tried to illegally cross the border. I think Mexico should deal with them in accordance with their laws. 
    I agree.  These people were warned numerous times not to throw things or rush barriers, so I have little sympathy for the ones getting deported for doing exactly this.  Maybe this will get a few of the trouble makers out of the crowd and the rest will be able to continue being processed the correct way.  
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I agree.  These people were warned numerous times not to throw things or rush barriers, so I have little sympathy for the ones getting deported for doing exactly this.  Maybe this will get a few of the trouble makers out of the crowd and the rest will be able to continue being processed the correct way.  
    Im fine with this too,  assuming the premise is accurate. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    Yes, they need to be processed, fairly and properly. I am getting the impression that Trump wants to make it as difficult as possible for them of course. I'm sure lawyers while be on that.
    But as for those rushing the border... No, I don't think they should be allowed to cross like that... but NO. THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT BE WILLFULLY HARMING CHILDREN. And no, hurting little children is not the only option FFS.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mrussel1 said:
    People hire illegal immigrants to pay less than the market wage.  I blame the business owners. 
    Exactly, I think everyone’s issue is in regards to illegal immigration.  The consequences to hiring illegal immigrants should be higher than the benefits.  But why do people get so upset when illegal immigrants get deported?
    literally no one does. it's the separation of families and incarceration of children is where people get upset. 
    I hear all the time we should not be deporting anyone who isn't violent or a criminal. Especially if they've been here a while.
    Based on that I assume they get upset when it does happen.
    The problem appears to be the people you are hearing these things from.

You still bracing for invasion too?
    Took a week off from doing anything while family was here.
    Who's bracing for an invasion?
    I just responded to another statement, never made mention of that.

• Options
    tbergs said:
    my2hands said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    How is that even a legitimate question? 
    It was posited by someone who chooses not to vote anyway. I’m going with illegitimate. 
    I guess it depends if we are talking about federal or municipal.  I think there are few places where undocumented immigrants are allowed to vote, but US code is crystal clear about the illegality of this.  I have never personally heard of any lawmaker of any importance support a change to that.  
    I appreciate your use of undocumented immigrant.

I'm not a fan of using the term illegal immigrant or alien... 
    I agree. Alien is the dumbest descriptor of another human being ever and calling a human illegal is disgraceful.
    I’m still down with calling it like it is.  Illegal alien, merry Christmas, retarded, gay- I grew up when everyone said it, now people
    act like they can’t believe someone would say it.  I would never say it if I thought it would offend someone but no need to rename something everyone know. It’s hipocrasy, baby.
    I see nothing wrong with the first 2. But retarded and gay? Come on. You can't be so dumb to not know people are offended by that. Maybe you just think they shouldn't be, but you know they are. Why not let people who were born before 1964 use the N word too then?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    edited November 2018
    gay is offensive now? it's the second damn letter in LGBTQ
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    You're right, I don't think it is offensive when it applies correctly.
    I was thinking  more like "that's so gay" or "that's retarded." Something every kid said in the 80s and 90s. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I was thinking  more like "that's so gay" or "that's retarded." Something every kid said in the 80s and 90s. 
    ok, gotcha. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    Things seem to have ratcheted up a notch or two in recent days leading up to Trump's rally tonight and a runoff election that's closer than it should be in a red state. Interesting. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Having several hundred trying to bum-rush the border sure doesn't help their cause... and certainly doesn't hurt Trump's message either

Trying to overwhelm and storm through the border by force might even be called an invasion by some 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    This ^ I think the criminals  may be using the woman and children as shields in a sense for the media thinking that even if they use violence to get through, the media will use the woman and children as a draw for viewers and it will help get them in more easily. Only Trump ain’t budging on this. They are ruining the chance for the people who are truly seeking asylum from violence in their country. This is really f’cked up and sad. They need to move away from this caravan that’s drawing so much attention, go to another border and try to seek asylum. Or, they may be better off staying in Tijuana for a while or seek asylum from the US embarrassy in Mexico. I’m it sure how but they need to separate themselves from the troublemakers.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    This ^ I think the criminals  may be using the woman and children as shields in a sense for the media thinking that even if they use violence to get through, the media will use the woman and children as a draw for viewers and it will help get them in more easily. Only Trump ain’t budging on this. They are ruining the chance for the people who are truly seeking asylum from violence in their country. This is really f’cked up and sad. They need to move away from this caravan that’s drawing so much attention, go to another border and try to seek asylum. Or, they may be better off staying in Tijuana for a while or seek asylum from the US embarrassy in Mexico. I’m it sure how but they need to separate themselves from the troublemakers.
    At least Mexico is doing something about it now.  Weed the violent crazies out of the crowd and it should shorten processing  times for everyone else, right?  I read that they deported in the range of 500.  I guarantee these assholes were probably making life miserable for the non-violent asylum seekers that are trying to jump through the right hoops.

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    ok, gotcha. 
    Correct original meaning was excitedly happy. I went to school with a girl named Gaye, She had a twin sister named Gail. I wonder since Gay has been changed to mean homosexuality if she changed her name? I wonder if she kept it, if strangers get in an uproar when someone calls her name.  https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gay?src=search-dict-box

• Options
    my2hands said:
    Having several hundred trying to bum-rush the border sure doesn't help their cause... and certainly doesn't hurt Trump's message either

Trying to overwhelm and storm through the border by force might even be called an invasion by some 
    nnnnnope.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.
    Ok bud, tell that to the American public.

Things are a little more complicated than "orange man, bad" 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

they're also a little more complicated than "brown man invasion"
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

Not for the 30% of his base he targets this message towards. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

Not for the 30% of his base he targets this message towards. 
    I think a good 30% of those who hate him also fall for this message TBH.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

No doubt, never said any different. 

Canada can hop in and help at any time 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

How exactly do you find that comment useful, helpful, or anything other than a big dumb red herring during the flow of this little conversation? I mean, I sincerely don't understand what you expect to get out of such a comment. Are you aware of the useless passive aggressiveness you display with out-of-place comments like that? Or is it really more of a knee-jerk problem?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

help with what? y'all out of tear gas? maybe we could give some pointers on how to kick puppies or punch babies until they cry too. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

help with what? y'all out of tear gas? maybe we could give some pointers on how to kick puppies or punch babies until they cry too. 
    Ha!
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

We're gonna need some pointers on how to apologize after we finally get rid of trump 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

from what I've learned here from my canadian friends undocumented immigrants cant get a drivers license, attend school, or get medical care in Canada... even children

Whats that about kicking puppies?

My point is it's easy to Monday Morning QB when it's not your border and not your problem. You think its a bad thing Americans don't want hordes of people just rushing across the border? 

Nobody questions the adults that try to bum-rush the American border by force with children? Its just the evil Americans fault right? What are they supposed to do, high five everybody as they run past them? Lol

A VAST majority of America has no issue with immigration if done legitimately and legally,  but to even discuss it people are quick to label that person as "afraid of the other" or some dumb shit... there is some real Trump Derangement Syndrome going on now, it's either let everyone stampede in or you're a fucking nazi. Ridiculous. 

Keep it up, youre playing right into their hands, and there are more Trumps coming in the future, they will just be better politicians.

• Options
    NOBODY has said it's a bad thing that Americans "don't want hordes of people just rushing across the border". Again, you're just inventing your own little narrative inside your head, obviously partly out of some sense of patriotism, and ignoring all the points that already explained to you something opposite to what you seem to think.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

from what I've learned here from my canadian friends undocumented immigrants cant get a drivers license, attend school, or get medical care in Canada... even children

Whats that about kicking puppies?

My point is it's easy to Monday Morning QB when it's not your border and not your problem. You think its a bad thing Americans don't want hordes of people just rushing across the border? 

Nobody questions the adults that try to bum-rush the American border by force with children? Its just the evil Americans fault right? What are they supposed to do, high five everybody as they run past them? Lol

A VAST majority of America has no issue with immigration if done legitimately and legally,  but to even discuss it people are quick to label that person as "afraid of the other" or some dumb shit... there is some real Trump Derangement Syndrome going on now, it's either let everyone stampede in or you're a fucking nazi. Ridiculous. 

Keep it up, youre playing right into their hands, and there are more Trumps coming in the future, they will just be better politicians.

Team Trump Treason could have called a cabinet meeting and directed his SOS to work with the OAS and UN to head this off and offer up US aid and assistance.  That’s what a world leader would have done.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©