14 years and counting...

Comments

• And offered an ounce of compassion.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Having several hundred trying to bum-rush the border sure doesn't help their cause... and certainly doesn't hurt Trump's message either

Trying to overwhelm and storm through the border by force might even be called an invasion by some 
    nnnnnope.
    Ok bud, tell that to the American public.

Things are a little more complicated than "orange man, bad" 
    they're also a little more complicated than "brown man invasion"
    No doubt, never said any different. 

Canada can hop in and help at any time 
    help with what? y'all out of tear gas? maybe we could give some pointers on how to kick puppies or punch babies until they cry too. 
    from what I've learned here from my canadian friends undocumented immigrants cant get a drivers license, attend school, or get medical care in Canada... even children

Whats that about kicking puppies?

My point is it's easy to Monday Morning QB when it's not your border and not your problem. You think its a bad thing Americans don't want hordes of people just rushing across the border? 

Nobody questions the adults that try to bum-rush the American border by force with children? Its just the evil Americans fault right? What are they supposed to do, high five everybody as they run past them? Lol

A VAST majority of America has no issue with immigration if done legitimately and legally,  but to even discuss it people are quick to label that person as "afraid of the other" or some dumb shit... there is some real Trump Derangement Syndrome going on now, it's either let everyone stampede in or you're a fucking nazi. Ridiculous. 

Keep it up, youre playing right into their hands, and there are more Trumps coming in the future, they will just be better politicians.

Team Trump Treason could have called a cabinet meeting and directed his SOS to work with the OAS and UN to head this off and offer up US aid and assistance.  That’s what a world leader would have done.
    What has the Canadian leader offered?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,871
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Having several hundred trying to bum-rush the border sure doesn't help their cause... and certainly doesn't hurt Trump's message either

Trying to overwhelm and storm through the border by force might even be called an invasion by some 
    nnnnnope.

help with what? y'all out of tear gas? maybe we could give some pointers on how to kick puppies or punch babies until they cry too. 
    from what I've learned here from my canadian friends undocumented immigrants cant get a drivers license, attend school, or get medical care in Canada... even children

My point is it's easy to Monday Morning QB when it's not your border and not your problem. You think its a bad thing Americans don't want hordes of people just rushing across the border? 

Nobody questions the adults that try to bum-rush the American border by force with children? Its just the evil Americans fault right? What are they supposed to do, high five everybody as they run past them? Lol

A VAST majority of America has no issue with immigration if done legitimately and legally,  but to even discuss it people are quick to label that person as "afraid of the other" or some dumb shit... there is some real Trump Derangement Syndrome going on now, it's either let everyone stampede in or you're a fucking nazi. Ridiculous. 

Keep it up, youre playing right into their hands, and there are more Trumps coming in the future, they will just be better politicians.

Team Trump Treason could have called a cabinet meeting and directed his SOS to work with the OAS and UN to head this off and offer up US aid and assistance.  That’s what a world leader would have done.
    They aren't at the Canadian border. :confused:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,406
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

These guys should maybe sit the next few plays out.

What a stupid argument.
    www.myspace.com
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

These guys should maybe sit the next few plays out.

What a stupid argument.
    no, it's not

the central american failed states and ensuing crime is a hemispheric issue, not an American issue... the reason they are coming here is because they know America has generally lax laws and approach to immigration and undocumented immigrants compared to other wealthy nations in the hemisphere... in short, they know social benefits will be available to them and that they and their children can stay if they give birth... that coupled with the presence of a thriving Hispanic culture in America is why they are coming here, but that doesnt mean it should just be America's problem... 

I was honestly shocked to learn from my friends here how tight the Canadian system is compared to us... makes it seem like our sysytem is ripe for abuse and taking advantage of, because frankly it is 

What are the other leaders in the hemisphere doing to help in Central America? What are they doing about the migration crisis? Besides pointing the finger while we do all the heavy lifting, again
    edited November 2018
    ^
    Nope. Not the issue at hand right now.

You seem to agree with Trump that there is an "invasion" at our border right now. Then you say "Canada can hop in and help at any time."

So what do you expect a country 2,300 miles to the north do to assist us with this "invasion" of women and children on foot? And if there is something they can do, why oh why, hasn't Trump demanded their assistance?

Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • Do we know what has been conveyed to the members of the caravan? What information were they fed at the outset of their journey and what did they understand about what to expect at the border?

I think it is reasonable to work with the US for a shared response to this issue. Unfortunately, how does that happen with our two goofball leaders?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited November 2018
    ^

You seem to agree with Trump that there is an "invasion" at our border right now. Then you say "Canada can hop in and help at any time."

So what do you expect a country 2,300 miles to the north do to assist us with this "invasion" of women and children on foot? And if there is something they can do, why oh why, hasn't Trump demanded their assistance?

Wtf are you talking about, that is EXACTLY the issue
    my2hands said:
    ^

So nothing they can do, right now, at the moment at the border then? K thanks. 
    www.myspace.com
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

You did not pay attention in class. “Illegal” immigrants do indeed get health care, education, etc, once they go through the preliminary registration and before their claim is heard. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    ^

This is the problem. People are obsessed with Trump. Try to have a real conversation and people just put their fingers in their ears and think you agree with Trump, it's ridiculous. Why does he define the issue for the hemisphere? Why do countries, or the UN, need his permission to help? 

These failed states and related migration are an issue for the entire hemisphere. So you would think with the stance the current administration has taken, these other major countries in the hemisphere would step up. Why do they have to be asked by Trump? Why does America have to request UN help? Why can't Mexico request UN assistance? They arent even coming from a border country, they are coming from thiusands of miles away. Is the UN intervening in the states they are fleeing? Is Canada? Brazil? Mexico? Wtf are they doing? Sitting with a thumb in their ass, that is what.

And yes, when several hundred show up and try to storm the fucking border, that fits right into the bullshit Trump narrative.  
    my2hands said:
    ^

So these people just magically showed up? Nobody knew they were coming from thousands of miles? This hasnt been civered by the news for weeks? Nobody knows about the ongoing crisis in Central America and migration crisis? Yeah, everyone is being caught totally off guard???

Lol, fucking laughable. 

Trump has destroyed common sense on both sides 
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    ^

So these people just magically showed up? Nobody knew they were coming from thousands of miles? This hasnt been civered by the news for weeks? Nobody knows about the ongoing crisis in Central America and migration crisis? Yeah, everyone is being caught totally off guard???

Lol, fucking laughable. 

Maybe you're confused about what you were talking about in the first place (notice how you were the one to mention Trump first here?):

"Having several hundred trying to bum-rush the border sure doesn't help their cause... and certainly doesn't hurt Trump's message either
    Trying to overwhelm and storm through the border by force might even be called an invasion by some."

Talking about the hear and now. Sure big picture stuff can be addressed, but I think you agree that Canada can do absolutely nothing, right now, to help what you think is an "invasion" at our southern border. Thank you for clarifying. 

(and thanks for replying to my post twice for some reason)
    www.myspace.com
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    ^

Lol, fucking laughable. 

Maybe you're confused about what you were talking about in the first place (notice how you were the one to mention Trump first here?):

"Having several hundred trying to bum-rush the border sure doesn't help their cause... and certainly doesn't hurt Trump's message either
    Trying to overwhelm and storm through the border by force might even be called an invasion by some."

Talking about the hear and now. Sure big picture stuff can be addressed, but I think you agree that Canada can do absolutely nothing, right now, to help what you think is an "invasion" at our southern border. Thank you for clarifying. 

That is frankly the weakest argument i may have ever seen. 

Those countries have had major issues for quite a while now and present an ongoing humanitarian crisis, it's open knowledge.  Also, we've known about the caravan and openly discussed it for a month now. Plenty of opportunities for countries to step up, but what have they done to help those people? Squat. 
    And offered an ounce of compassion.
    I agree. But where is the compassion from the other countries in the region and hemisphere? Nobody can step up?

They aren't because it's politically convenient for those countries to allow the USA to be the heavy and the bad guy, as they do nothing 
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    ^

Lol, fucking laughable. 

That is frankly the weakest argument i may have ever seen. 

Those countries have had major issues for quite a while now and present an ongoing humanitarian crisis, it's open knowledge.  Also, we've known about the caravan and openly discussed it for a month now. Plenty of opportunities for countries to step up, but what have they done to help those people? Squat. 
    Well, I'm super sorry you feel that way. We were discussing what was happening today at the border and you said Canada should be helping. Other replies to you indicate I wasn't the only one to interpret your post literally. Perhaps you were being vague on purpose? Who knows. Either way, we're in agreement that Canada can do nothing at the border right now. 

Also, it appears you have some things wrong regarding Canada's treatment of Illegal immigrants so you might want to double back on those stances too. 
    www.myspace.com
  • my2hands said:
    I agree. But where is the compassion from the other countries in the region and hemisphere? Nobody can step up?

They aren't because it's politically convenient for those countries to allow the USA to be the heavy and the bad guy, as they do nothing 
    Why would any of those countries help Team Trump Treason in a “crisis” of his own making? Why would any of those countries ask the UN to intervene on behalf of the “richest” country on the planet? Have you forgotten Team Trump Treason’s disparaging remarks and tough guy bravado? Why should Canada help the US? The UN? NATO? EU? He disparaged them all.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:

Why would any of those countries help Team Trump Treason in a “crisis” of his own making? Why would any of those countries ask the UN to intervene on behalf of the “richest” country on the planet? Have you forgotten Team Trump Treason’s disparaging remarks and tough guy bravado? Why should Canada help the US? The UN? NATO? EU? He disparaged them all.
    Because it's about helping the migrants, not Trump?
  • my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

You are correct. But Trump has managed to make it about him. And as such... nobody is too inclined to help ‘him’.

All the things that should matter don’t matter anymore.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

No doubt he wants this to be an issue he wants confrontations between his forces and the human flow ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

That’s where you’re mistaken. An adult president who didn’t offend two of our closest and most important allies with trade tariffs, disparaging comments and other bullshit might have been able to pick up the phone, have an adult conversation, discuss what the US was prepared to do and request their assistance. But we don’t currently have an adult President.

Brilliantati©
  • my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

That’s where you’re mistaken. An adult president who didn’t offend two of our closest and most important allies with trade tariffs, disparaging comments and other bullshit might have been able to pick up the phone, have an adult conversation, discuss what the US was prepared to do and request their assistance. But we don’t currently have an adult President.

Bingo
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,129
    I don’t agree with people just rushing through !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

If you are an undocumented immigrant in Ontario, you are not getting free health care.  You need to show a health card to get treatment...or pay the hospital visit before you leave.  The ER has a debit and credit card machine ... lol. I'm sure they treat people who have no means to pay, but I assume they also call the police at that point as well.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

They weren’t at the American border either until very recently. I love the arm chair nations telling us how to do it and what we’re doing wrong. 
  • PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

They weren’t at the American border either until very recently. I love the arm chair nations telling us how to do it and what we’re doing wrong. 
    I know.

The nerve eh? Telling you that shooting canisters of tear gas at those filthy bastards isn’t cool? Very unchristian of them.
  • PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

I know.

The nerve eh? Telling you that shooting canisters of tear gas at those filthy bastards isn’t cool? Very unchristian of them.
    So you want to blame the border patrol agents for firing tear gas instead of bullets  into people throwing rocks at them attempting to illegally cross the border while using women and children as shields?
  • No. I want to blame the Christian Americans that are frothing at the mouth for the action with their chosen man at the helm.
  • PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

I know.

So you want to blame the border patrol agents for firing tear gas instead of bullets  into people throwing rocks at them attempting to illegally cross the border while using women and children as shields?
    I gotta ask, what would you do if you were in that situation that they border patrol agents were in?
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

nnnnnope.

I know.

I gotta ask, what would you do if you were in that situation that they border patrol agents were in?
    We'd greet them with Tim Horton's coffee and Timbits of course...
    Give Peas A Chance…