Tears of Joy to be Spent on Friday at MSG

hasigawahasigawa Posts: 55
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Just a big thank you to my family, friends, the boys in PJ and the PJ community as my life the last few months have been an emotional roller coaster and somehow through some luck, the advancement in medicine, family, friends, and a few kick ass songs we've found a way to smile through it all.............

To sum it all up, last year started out well, we had our second child and soon after it was announced that PJ would be closing out the Spectrum for 4 nights at what was one of my favorite venues of all time. Was looking forward to the event the whole summer as I had my tickets and was raring to go, but my life was thrown for a curve in September when my wife was diagnosed with an advanced stage of cancer that had spread to multiple organs. To say we were devasted was the understatement of the year. We did the usual and consulted doctor's up and down the northeast corridor and found a great doctor in the Philly area but the diagnosis was not good. The day of the surgery was day 1 of the Spectrum and I remember driving to the hospital in Center City and Just Breathe coming on the radio and pulling over as we got over the Ben Franklin Bridge crying b/c we were so fearful of what we were about to face. We got to hospital and she went in for surgery and it was very successful and they were able to remove the cancer that they could see, and the doctor informed us that the cancer was not as advanced as they feared and the prognosis was very good. That night they kicked me out of the hospital at 8 pm as they wanted her to have a peaceful night and my wife knew i had held on to my ticket and told me to go, so i walked out of the hospital at 8:30 and made it to the show about 20 to 30 mins into it and remember sitting down in my seat crying as just breath and the end came on as my wife texted me that she loved me (i always used to wonder why people would get all emotional at concerts and obviously have a new respect for it now).

We were out of the hospital that weekend and since our news has gone from grave to on the road to recovery and it's been a bumpy but crazy ride that makes you look at everything in a completely different light.

Even though I did miss going to the last couple of shows there at the Spectrum, I'd give up all the shows I'd of ever attended (and there have been quite a few) to get the news that we got this year in that after her bout of chemo she should be completely cancer free thanks to the surgeons at UPenn and the oncologists at Sloan Kettering not to mention the amazing strength and will of my wife.

This Friday at MSG will mark our first show together since and I don't care if I'm sitting in the last row of the place, I'll be sure to be there with a huge smile on my face (and may be a tear or two during Just Breathe....lol)

Have a blast everyone and enjoy the shows!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,114
    wow, what a powerful and emotional story. you gave me the chills. I hope you both have a blast this week at the shows and the best of health going forward
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    glad you're wife is doing better awesome story

its nice to see a thread like this w/ out a request attached to it

good luck and enjoy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • It's always nice to read stories like this here.
    A wonderful change from the usual crap that gets posted.

All the best with the rest of your lives together!!!
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    what a BEAUTIFUL story!
    very, very happy for you and most especially your wife...what a GIFT!
    i hope you both have an amazing night friday - and i am sure you will!
    :thumbup:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Joy, joy, joy to you and your wife! What a horrible thing to go through, and what a great way to celebrate :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    that a truly amazing story...it makes me smile to see your wife is doing better :D
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Will be thinking of you and the enjoyment you will get on Friday...

I am glad she is feeling well enough :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • hasigawahasigawa Posts: 55
    Thanks everyone for the well wishes!!!!

Friday will be awesome!!!! Have fun!!!
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    :D