2010-2011 TOUR RUMORS/UPDATES

caseinocaseino Posts: 16
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Went to the show in Bristow, VA and it kicked-ass! :P

I know PJ is going over to Europe but does anyone know if they have plans on coming back to the U.S. to tour in 2010?

Or, and ideas on 2011???

C
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• js211227js211227 Posts: 2
    I have heard talk of them hitting the us again after Europe. Nothing solid yet. I have to think they will hit down south.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    2011 will be back in Europe.. :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    js211227 wrote:
    I have heard talk of them hitting the us again after Europe. Nothing solid yet. I have to think they will hit down south.

down south? like south america? surely you're not talking south of america like texas and arizona.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Give them a bit of time D. We need the guys to 'do their thing' with their side projects. Namely Matt who has to tour Europe with Soundgarden (naturally stopping in London!). :mrgreen:
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    I don't think they've done Japan/Australia in ages.

They've done the east and west coasts a lot lately. It has to be the southern US.

But yeah, I think Soundgarden comes next along with a new Pearl Jam album!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    redrock wrote:
    Give them a bit of time D. We need the guys to 'do their thing' with their side projects. Namely Matt who has to tour Europe with Soundgarden (naturally stopping in London!). :mrgreen:
    im not touring in Europe next year,,im going to South America Tour :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • I heard there were negotiations on-going to tour the Solar system after
    they are done in Europe. They might have to bypass the Sun though because
    Stone burns very easily. Needless to say, the fans there are a little bitter about it.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I heard there were negotiations on-going to tour the Solar system after
    Stone burns very easily. Needless to say, the fans there are a little bitter about it.
    10c tickets are gonna be a bitch for this!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    I heard there were negotiations on-going to tour the Solar system after
    10c tickets are gonna be a bitch for this!
    Tickets will be easy. It's the Rocket from Russia that's gonna be expensive. Like $20,000,000.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,351
    2011 will be back in Europe.. :lol:

I won't be suprised if they don't. They were there '06, '07, '09, '10. No '08 but that's one year. Why not '11?

Australia already had them a few months ago & back in '06. Japan? They haven't had any Pearl Jam loving since '03. Would be great to see Pearl Jam there & Ed shut out his voice on the thousands of poor dolphins & sharks that get killed there every year! :(
  • demetrios wrote:

Australia already had them a few months ago & back in '06. Japan? They haven't had any Pearl Jam loving since '03. Would be great to see Pearl Jam there & Ed shut out his voice on the thousands of poor dolphins & sharks that get killed there every year! :(

i2936w.jpg

WHALE....DOLPHIIIINNNNN!!!!!
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
    2012/09/02 - Made in America
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 973
    I have a friend who is very close to the company that manages Pearl Jam, and he said that to alleviate people's concerns over Soundgarden and Pearl Jam touring simultaneously, Chris Cornell will be replacing Ed on vocals for a Fall 2010-Winter 2011 world tour.
  • demetrios wrote:

Japan's ticket sales weren't very good from what I recall...and the venue's were small to begin with. I think thats why no PJ love since then.
    Austrailia has had tours like twice in the last 3-4 years.
    Bare in mind peeps Soundgarden has a tour coming up too.
    I'm hoping for some fall gigs...which will prob be more in the West...tho I'm hoping for some Canadian love since we haven't gotten a show since Backspacer was officially released. (Toronto hasn't anyways...and Montreal has been MIA since like 2006).
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
    demetrios wrote:

Japan's ticket sales weren't very good from what I recall...and the venue's were small to begin with. I think thats why no PJ love since then.
    I'm hoping for some fall gigs...which will prob be more in the West...tho I'm hoping for some Canadian love since we haven't gotten a show since Backspacer was officially released. (Toronto hasn't anyways...and Montreal has been MIA since like 2006).

Would love some Pearl Jam action in Canada soon; especially show's East of Toronto. We haven't got any passion since '05. Hopefully that rumor comes true that Pearl Jam might play Bell Centre this September. But it would be great to have the 20th anni week in Seattle. So want to go there & celebrate with the guys & friends.

What ever happen to the rumor of Pearl Jam playing @ China? If not that, kinda sad that the band hasn't even toured Asia since '03 plus South America since '05. Any show played in South America, you very much know it will be sold out & the crowds will be insane.
  • YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    i posted this in another thread but here's some masturbatory speculation...

i could totally see a little run of shows planned around the bridge school benefit/pj's 20th. they do come around the same time and vegas isnt too far from san francisco. not saying the 20th has to be in vegas, but the 10th was....sooooo maybe?
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
    i posted this in another thread but here's some masturbatory speculation...

i could totally see a little run of shows planned around the bridge school benefit/pj's 20th. they do come around the same time and vegas isnt too far from san francisco. not saying the 20th has to be in vegas, but the 10th was....sooooo maybe?

please no 20th anni in vegas. :( not sure how the air/smog is in vegas for asthemics in october, but anything outside would do. i had a very bad april '08 during the ed solo show's when i drove from los angeles to las vegas.
  • evilutionevilution Posts: 67
    ed said in KC this was the last leg of the us tour. so prolly no more shows til '11 or '12
  • I'm trying to get a second job to put lots of money in savings. Some family reasons and lots of PJ reasons! I hope to catch a few shows the next time they tour. I'd love to do 3 nights at one place. From what I've read you guys talk about and from the boots, it seems like a good way to go. Then again, I'd love to see 3 shows in any 3 cities.

How early to they put news out for 10c members about tours/pre-sales??
    "Before his first step.. he is off again."

6/24/06-Cincinnati
    5/1/10- Jazz Fest
  • sabreleafsabreleaf Posts: 310
    First band to play on the International Space Station!
  • jubilairesjljubilairesjl Posts: 497
    evilution wrote:
    ed said in KC this was the last leg of the us tour. so prolly no more shows til '11 or '12
    who says that they have to do another leg? It could be just one concert on 10/22/2010. I am starting to save some money for this.
    Noblesville 6/22/2003 St. Louis 5/4/2010 East Troy 9/4/2011
    Cleveland 5/20/2006 Columbus 5/6/2010 Chicago 7/19/2013
    Cincinnatti 6/24/2006 Noblesville 5/7/2010. Buffalo 10/12/2013
    Lollapalooza 8/5/2007 Mountain View 10/23/2010 Cincinnatti 10/1/2014
    Washington D.C. 6/22/2008 Mountain View 10/24/2010 St. Louis 10/3/2014
    Chicago 8/22/2008(EV Solo) St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo) St. Paul 10/19/2014
    Kansas City 5/3/2010 East Troy 9/3/2011 Milwaukee 10/20/2014
    Hampton 4/18/2016 Columbia 4/21/2016 Lexington 4/26/2016
    NYC 5/2/2016
  • EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    Can you just imagine the ticketing nightmare for a one off Anniversary show!? Forget about that big fuck off atom smasher thing that people think is going to cause the end of the world! The server explosion that would happen for this show would fuck up life as we know it for sure!

Maybe we need a Matinee show and then a regular show and then a Midnight/supper show followed by an early breakfast show? 10C only. That should sort everyone out. Give the boys an hours rest between each. Or maybe just play for a day straight and each 10c member spends two hours inside before the next shift comes in. Matt can cope with that, he's a machine. Eddie can lip synch a few songs to save his voice. Boom could take naps in between the heavier songs. The band could take naps while Eddie plays Just Breathe. Eddie could sleep during Mikes super extended Even Flow solo. Stone could sleep while he plays, that's how fucking good he is. Maybe give the guitar techs a few songs so they can feel like rock stars for a few minutes.

Mmmm...maybe not.
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    demetrios wrote:

they shoulda fucking come to nz instead like they were SPOSED TO.... fancy ditching nz for japan! hope they learned their lesson. no one loves em like kiwis.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    doompony wrote:

they shoulda fucking come to nz instead like they were SPOSED TO.... fancy ditching nz for japan! hope they learned their lesson. no one loves em like kiwis.

After the great crowds in Auckland and Christchurch, there's no way they'd skip NZ again.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • TyTy Posts: 1,007

They've done the east and west coasts a lot lately. It has to be the southern US.

But yeah, I think Soundgarden comes next along with a new Pearl Jam album!

Done Aus first Brother, in November last year! Haven't done Japan in a long time!
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
    im going to see pearl jam in Buenos Aires ;)
  • evilution wrote:
    who says that they have to do another leg? It could be just one concert on 10/22/2010. I am starting to save some money for this.

Their first show was in 1990 which to me would lead to a concert like you are suggesting-10/22/2010.
    But, I keep hearing/reading that their anniversary is 2011. I guess considered their break-out year and when 10 is released. Anyone know when/what year is actually going to be celebrated as PJ's 20th?
    I hear you, man; I'm starting to save for whatever shows now, too. I want to see them soon, but a later date means I'd have more money.
    "Before his first step.. he is off again."

6/24/06-Cincinnati
    5/1/10- Jazz Fest
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763
    How early to they put news out for 10c members about tours/pre-sales??

Your really asking that question? Does someone else want to field the required sarcastic remark? Or is it left to me... :lol:

Let's put it this way: 10C could be better with giving us advance notification, especially for those of us (like me) that live in cities Pearl Jam hasn't played in in almost 10 years (Houston - currently America's Fourth and soon to be third largest city). I'm not complianing, as I am reasonably well off and am lucky enough to be able to travel on 1-2 months notice... but well... this last tour gave my bank account a beating on short notice... hopefully it will recover by the fall...

That being said, I think Vegas would be a great spot for a 20th anniversy week long stand. I mean those of us in North America can travel there cheap on short notice, and there are plenty of venues to choose from, and lots of hotel rooms...

My other nod would be for a weekend at the Gorge... I really want to go there for an epic weekend and see that venue... and I might like DMB, but it won't be for them...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:

After the great crowds in Auckland and Christchurch, there's no way they'd skip NZ again.

:mrgreen:

i remember when they played brissy in 03, i got all these text messages from EVIL australians who had heard ed making fun of nz :(

he totally owes us n junk.