My 69 year old mom is going to the Boston show

2»

Comments

• I wish i was going with you guys just to meet her please give her my regards :) ...

thanks dude, i will....it sucks you're not coming up for the show...definitely next time..& you're staying at my house!! :mrgreen:

I had a great time last night!!....but the shit went by much too fast! :cry:
  • My Mom and I went to see Eddie Vedder in Honolulu last July.
    She gave Ed 2 standing ovations! It was a very memorable show.
    She was 83 years young.

that's so fucking cool!!! :mrgreen:
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Someone who is 69 now was in their 20's in the 60's. The decade of the beginning Who, Zeppelin, Beatles, Deep Purple, Clapton, Stones, Iggy Pop (who is in his 60's at this point), Black Sabbath, just to put age in perspective. I'm sure she'll have a great time - be sure she (and everyone) brings earplugs so they have the option of using if desired.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • JaneNY wrote:
    Someone who is 69 now was in their 20's in the 60's. The decade of the beginning Who, Zeppelin, Beatles, Deep Purple, Clapton, Stones, Iggy Pop (who is in his 60's at this point), Black Sabbath, just to put age in perspective. I'm sure she'll have a great time - be sure she (and everyone) brings earplugs so they have the option of using if desired.

my mom was a groupie lol....she is totally rock n roll and has seen a lot of bands in her day....my dad was a musician when they met....she knows Ten well and is fond of Ed :lol: ...but aren't all the ladies?!(and most of the men) :mrgreen:

i can't wait for her to see the magic that is Pearl Jam live!! :D:D

good tip with the ear plugs...thank you!
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    I have been to 9 out of my 10 total Pearl Jam concerts, 1 Vedder solo, and one Dave Matthews with my dad (45).
    I have been to 2 Pearl Jam, 1 Vedder solo, and 1 Dave Matthews concert with my mom(45).

I am currently 19, so its gonna be different but...

It was cool. I was embarassed when my mom got really drunk.. :lol:

My dad is who got me into Pearl Jam, and now hat I's a bigger fan than him.
    Being next to him is cool because he is the only one that "gets it" that I know personally, so we talk like everyone on here. :D
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • FrankieG wrote:
    I have been to 9 out of my 10 total Pearl Jam concerts, 1 Vedder solo, and one Dave Matthews with my dad (45).
    I have been to 2 Pearl Jam, 1 Vedder solo, and 1 Dave Matthews concert with my mom(45).

I am currently 19, so its gonna be different but...

It was cool. I was embarassed when my mom got really drunk.. :lol:

My dad is who got me into Pearl Jam, and now hat I's a bigger fan than him.
    Being next to him is cool because he is the only one that "gets it" that I know personally, so we talk like everyone on here. :D

:lol::lol::lol: that's so cool!!!!

lol @ the drunk mom reference! :lol::lol:
  • today is also my mothers, mothers birthday (RIP Grandma!) so it will be an extra special night! 8-)8-)

see you all at the pre-party!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    today is also my mothers, mothers birthday (RIP Grandma!) so it will be an extra special night! 8-)8-)

1st row night...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • today is also my mothers, mothers birthday (RIP Grandma!) so it will be an extra special night! 8-)8-)

1st row night...

that would be so awesome to take my mom and get front row!!

say a prayer for me D!! :mrgreen:
  • YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    took both parents to jones beach 00, i was 16, they were in their early 40s. moms went to vegas 03 with me and pops took me to the northwest school benefit and the first two shows on the canada tour in 05 (21st bday gift....thanks pops!)

they will be in paris for the july 3rd gig and i think both will come out.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    So it's not ok to take your kids to a show but a 69 year old mom is fine :lol:

I think it's AWESOME!!!
    Just took my mom to Bruce last year on her 69th Birthday... Best time ever :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,223
    I wish i was going with you guys just to meet her please give her my regards :) ...

thanks dude, i will....it sucks you're not coming up for the show...definitely next time..& you're staying at my house!! :mrgreen:

I had a great time last night!!....but the shit went by much too fast! :cry:

Yeah i personally had a total blast specially hangin with you & lou that won't be the last time believe me will do it again please say hello to all the other peeps we were with on Saturday cheers .... 8-)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Yeah i personally had a total blast specially hangin with you & lou that won't be the last time believe me will do it again please say hello to all the other peeps we were with on Saturday cheers .... 8-)

it was a great fucking night!!

i will say hi to everyone for you brother! cheers! :mrgreen:
  • so....mom "got it" last night! she is now hooked like all of us! she was blown away by not just the band but the whole "family vibe" we have amongst us fans....i introduced her to a lot of you guys at the pre-party and she even signed some dudes shirt..actually...my daughter and i did too! :mrgreen:

we had a really great view too...my mom is mad short so the seats were perfect for her (sec 12) thanks for the hook up 10c! much love to you guys as well!!

next tour it's dad's turn!! :mrgreen:

also...Backseat Lover tore shit the fuck up at the pre-party!! i rocked out just as hard with them! man i love those fucking guys!! :D:D:D
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    my parents went to the cleveland 06 show.........mom is 58, dad is 65 now.......

Dad said his favorite part was watching Mike run all over the stage during Lukin
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    so....mom "got it" last night! she is now hooked like all of us! she was blown away by not just the band but the whole "family vibe" we have amongst us fans....i introduced her to a lot of you guys at the pre-party and she even signed some dudes shirt..actually...my daughter and i did too! :mrgreen:

we had a really great view too...my mom is mad short so the seats were perfect for her (sec 12) thanks for the hook up 10c! much love to you guys as well!!

also...Backseat Lover tore shit the fuck up at the pre-party!! i rocked out just as hard with them! man i love those fucking guys!! :D:D:D
    That's great. Glad she enjoyed the show. I was thinking about you guys last night. What a wild time.

I am still just so happy for you Erik. Crown of Thorns! The power of the message board!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • so....mom "got it" last night! she is now hooked like all of us! she was blown away by not just the band but the whole "family vibe" we have amongst us fans....i introduced her to a lot of you guys at the pre-party and she even signed some dudes shirt..actually...my daughter and i did too! :mrgreen:

That's great. Glad she enjoyed the show. I was thinking about you guys last night. What a wild time.

I am still just so happy for you Erik. Crown of Thorns! The power of the message board!

thanks dude!...it was such a great time...i rocked out just as hard with BSL at the pre-party! it was like a double fucking show yesterday!! pure PJ bliss! wish you could of been at the Harp!

Crown was just.........................*goosebumps*
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    so....mom "got it" last night! she is now hooked like all of us! she was blown away by not just the band but the whole "family vibe" we have amongst us fans....i introduced her to a lot of you guys at the pre-party and she even signed some dudes shirt..actually...my daughter and i did too! :mrgreen:

I asked her to sign the shirt "Erik's mom". She was having a great time!

:D
  • U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
    edited May 2010
    oops!
    Post edited by U R A Crazy Breed on

I asked her to sign the shirt "Erik's mom". She was having a great time!

:D

that was your boy right? :lol: that shit was funny! my daughter signed it too! "Erik's daughter" :lol:

it was cool to finally meet you dude! i had a blast at those shows & pre-parties. :mrgreen:
  • My Dad took me to my first Pearl Jam concert, and now I take him with my 10C tickets as often as I can :D

I think its great that you took your Mom..and quite the show she got :o
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    so....mom "got it" last night! she is now hooked like all of us! she was blown away by not just the band but the whole "family vibe" we have amongst us fans....i

Glad she enjoyed! Someone who loves good music already as she does, was going to get bowled over by Pearl Jam.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    soooooo....

did you catch the Denny's early bird special before the show :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    :lol::lol:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• 3legged dog3legged dog Posts: 896
    Thanks to all the mad cool peeps@ the Harp!!! Thanks To Eric for the pic holder, love it!
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • 81 wrote:
    soooooo....

did you catch the Denny's early bird special before the show :D

yeah...i had her buy mine too so i could cash in on her senior discount! ;):lol: